Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 1, 2012
The idea for Bake It in a Cupcake began with a successful experiment combining Cadbury Creme Eggs from a 50% off sale with a cupcake and frosting and after accolades from family and friends, took off from there. I think it's a very fun concept where you get double (or more) the goodness you'd normally find in a cupcake, all in one dessert. Like incorporating Lemon Bars in a vanilla cupcake and frosting them with raspberry frosting, yum!

The way these multiple treats in one are made is generally by making the item for the "filling" and then spooning cupcake batter in tins, adding the baked good in the middle and then putting more cupcake batter on top and baking til done. Frosting is frequently used to top it off.

Many of the recipes in Bake It in a Cupcake have photos that show how fun the treats look when sliced in half. I was impressed with the photo for (long name alert!) Strawberry Shortcake-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting, so I decided that would be the first one I would try. It took more steps to make it than a simple cupcake, but on the other hand, it's a lot more than just a cupcake! It's more like a much more complex dessert in cupcake form. I was excited to have my family try them, plus they looked so pretty with the strawberry filled scones tucked inside a chocolate cupcake, topped with frosting and more strawberries. It was beautifully layered, just like strawberry shortcake, but with the extra ease of having it in a cupcake. I'm looking forward to making the Gingerbread House Cupcakes (with Gingerbread Men inside) for the holidays, as well as so many other yummy treats from Bake It in a Cupcake.
on November 19, 2012
I've been following Megan's blog Bake It in a Cake for quite some time, so when I saw she was coming out with a cupcake recipe book, I was absolutely thrilled. Her recipes are so creative and this book was exactly what I was looking for. No other cupcake recipe book out there has such fun, unique recipes that are all sure to please everyone who tries the finished product. I can't recommend this book enough - it is the best recipe book I own! It also inspires you to come up with your own stuffed or filled cupcake recipes...you really can bake anything into a little cupcake! :)
on May 18, 2013
I was very excited to download on my kindle fire. Great ideas. I tried the twix brownies, very yummy. I was disappointed there weren't many photos of these great recipes. The blog has a tons of vivid pics. Might be better off checking out the blog to see what you are going to create.
on August 26, 2013
I moved recently so haven't taken the time to try any of the recipes yet but have read the book cover to cover!! I'm very anxious to try some of them when things settle down a bit!! The recipes sound great and they look like a lot of fun to make and eat!!!
on March 3, 2015
I had this book on my wish list for sometime and was *really* looking forward to it! It had great reviews & for some reason Amazon ratings seem to flow pretty much with my likes & dislikes. I'm very rarely disappointed. And I have yet to try baking cupcakes with a hidden surprise inside so the cover had me drooling! I just knew I was going to love this book & I couldn't wait to get it! =)

However, I was very disappointed when it came. =( It had very few pictures, most recipes had none, and the recipes were very long. Some of this was the writer just being to wordy but a lot was just long recipes period. I kept looking over it thinking I'd find some wonderful saving grace. It didn't happen. I returned it for a refund & did receive one promptly. =(

I would recommend "Simply Sweet Color Cakes" ISBN # 9780848743048. Beautiful book, pages, pictures, & recipes are simple & yummy! The pics. alone are drool worthy! =)
on August 3, 2015
Bought it for my other half who loves baking, and it is full of interesting and unique ideas, along with steps on how to accomplish the recipes to mimic what is seen in the pictures. At least, that is what she said! So it sounds like it accomplished it's goal!
on March 25, 2013
this is a must have if you like to bake goodies. there are alot of cute ideas and lets your imagination go crazy thinking of your own. if you have any baking experience, theres something for everyone.
on November 12, 2013
Gave this to my girl friend as a gift and it was a big hit. The best part is getting to eat the cupcakes!
on March 15, 2013
This has fantastic ideas and very clever ideas on how to bake things into cupcakes. I love the batter and how it holds up the denser objects in the middle. I was not a huge fan of the buttercream frosting recipes. I think the recipes were a little too heavy on the butter making it difficult to pipe the frosting. I like a shortening:butter frosting recipe myself. I think it allows for a consistency that is not only easier to pipe, but also holds up better and longer in warmer temperatures than a full butter recipe does. But the ideas and recipes for the actual cupcakes are absolutely fantastic!! You can always pick whatever type of frosting you want to top your cupcakes with later.
on February 1, 2013
I've always had a love affair with cupcakes but never even thought about all the different things you could stuff in them! Now that I know this, I can't wait to try it out! Thanks Megan Seling for a great cookbook and thanks Amazon for the fast delivery and excellent prices!