4.0 out of 5 stars LIDS FIT FINE
Published on October 22, 2011 by Warren J. Dew

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to love this
I've used the pyrex glass containers with plastic lids for over 10 years, and although they've held up well, I wanted a no-plastic solution for refrigerator food storage.

Published on December 12, 2007 by J. Butler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to love this, December 12, 2007
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)

I ordered this from Amazon, despite another review noting that the lids don't fit properly. Yup, they don't. I ordered 2 different sizes, and neither lid fits right, leaving my leftovers to dry out in the fridge. I could put up with that, but the darned things are also so heavy, and I'm not old and weak, but I'm getting tired of the weight of these things, especially when filled with food. The glass is so thick...

On the positive side - they are better than plastic (any glass or ceramic container is), they look retro-cool, and they stack well in the fridge.

But for me, I'm going back to using my pyrex with the plastic lids (I wash the lids by hand to prevent the plastic from breaking down).

4.0 out of 5 stars LIDS FIT FINE, October 22, 2011
Warren J. Dew (Somerville, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)
The glass lids on these glass storage containers fit fine. They have about 1/16 inch of play, which causes a little bit of rattling, but since the lid has an inside rim that goes 1/4" into the container, there is no chance of its falling off accidentally as long as the container is held somewhat close to upright. I was able to turn mine about 80 degrees - almost sideways - before the top came off.

The seal is not airtight, nor is an airtight seal possible with a glass lid. If you are storing food that is going to remain in the refrigerator for years until it's cleaned out, you may need to go with plastic containers. If you're actually going to use the food within a week or two, though, these containers are fine - the top is tight enough that some lemons cut up into wedges did not dry out in a week and a half, for example.

The rectangular shapes are very convenient for efficient use of refrigerator space, and a slight external rim on the tops allows these containers to be stacked conveniently. If you really want a glass container with no plastic or rubber, and you're realistic about what you can do with glass, these containers are for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lids do not fit., November 25, 2007
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)
I bought a 12 cup, two 8 cup, and 4 two cup Anchor Hocking glass storage containers. They would be terrific if the lids/containers were level. Instead, the lids teeter-totter on top of the containers, on some as much as 1/4". Some are better than others, but none of them fit right.

I will not purchase another Anchor Hocking product without being able to examine them in person first.

4.0 out of 5 stars See them at Crate & Barrel first, March 5, 2008
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)
They have these at Crate & Barrel if you're concerned about the lids. They don't fit perfectly, but that doesn't bother me so much as I normally don't store leftovers for too long. Great if you're replacing your old plastic containers.

4.0 out of 5 stars glass and square is better, May 30, 2009
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)
Square is hard to find but certainly stores better than all those stupid round bowls, lidded or not. Glass is superior to any plastic and stuff just keeps better.. since these can go into the oven/microwave, saves on washing. As to the fit, I have all three sizes and the lids are just fine for glass. I also have vintage ones and the lids aren't airtight on them either. Vintage ones made by Pyrex are somewhat smaller, come in colors, and not as heavy IF you can find them. ...although I do not know why the smallest size in these new ones has to be so expensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Exploded in microwave, March 3, 2012
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)
This Anchor Hocking Glass Refrigerator Storage Container 2 Cup Size literally exploded in the microwave after approximately one minute, reheating rice.

Thank the gods my microwave was not damaged in the explosion.

*Caveat emptor*

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great,, June 26, 2011
Murphy Shea "Murph" (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)
We have all three sizes of these containers, and they are great. Have had them for several years now, use them constantly, and not one of them has so much as chipped. The lids are not completely airtight but they seal well enough that food does not dry out. Stack easily, too. Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, heavy duty storage, December 28, 2007
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)
We replaced the majority of our tupperware fridge containers with these. They look better, don't warp in the microwave and don't keep us up at night wondering about the possibility of petrochemicals leaching into our food. While great for home storage, these don't travel (the lids don't form a strong seal to the containers).

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what I wanted it for., January 30, 2010
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)
Works well - exactly what I wanted, all glass container for microwave cooking. Only minor disadvantage is the need to use plastic warp to cover when storing, which is of course inherent in this type of container.

5.0 out of 5 stars glass container with glas lid, August 17, 2010
This review is from: Bake 'N' Store 2 cup (Kitchen)
I use containers to re-heat in microwave to get away from plastics and clear film wrap. Heavy duty glass, quality product

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›