Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on DOTD

on February 18, 2007
In our house, we're always fighting over the brownies at the edges and corners (no one likes the gooey parts.) With this pan, we all get what we want. Plus, I can add walnuts to my portion without impacting anyone else's part. I tried the banana bread recipe that came with the baker's edge this week and it's a very good recipe. You need to treat the pan gently, so no metal implements, and no metal scrubbers. I wish there were more products like this.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon June 10, 2007
Oh, man, why didn't I think of this idea?! This terrific little item was my lovely birthday gift today, and I have delicious, chewy-edged brownies to show for it already! Yum, yum. They baked up perfectly and came out of the pan without a hitch. Even the drips popped right off, just like a nonstick pan should perform. The pan is a sturdy, solid hunk of aluminum that will no doubt last for years to come. Hand wash this pan and use the little included spatula, sized to fit through the channels. Can't wait to try other recipes. I promise you will love this pan, so get it right now!
on March 8, 2007
I have to admit that I am not an edge brownie fan--I always will pull from the middle of the dish if possible. I was a skeptic until I ate my first cookie bar out of this pan. Even if you are not an edge fan, you will be a fan of this pan because it is the PERFECT solution for the uneven baking problem. I no longer have to throw away the edge corner brownies that are hard and that no one in my house will eat. I just bake the dish for slightly less time and I have no wasted pieces. I am and continue to be amazed at the quality of baking this pan provides. Not only is it the highest quality in construction but allows me to make dishes that are evenly baked and present nicely...EVERY TIME! Guests at my house get excited when they see that I have been baking in my Baker's Edge pan and I no longer have conventional 13X9 pans in my kitchen because the pan allows me the versatility of baking other things as well. Even if you are not an edge brownie fan or if you are also a MUST try this pan. I am confident that you will be the next one writing your review.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2008
I read lots and lots of reviews before buying this pan (including many websites other than For the price of this pan, I wanted to be sure it was something I was going to like before ordering.

I have only tried it twice -- the 1st time with a Betty Crocker Traditional/Original Brownie mix and the 2nd time using a Betty Crocker Chocolate Chunk Brownie mix. The first time, I found it a little difficult to pour the batter into the channels of the pan without getting it onto other parts of the pan. The batter was thin enough that I thought I would be able to shake the pan and get it leveled out. I eyeballed it and, very carefully (so as not to get batter up the sides of the pan), moved some of the thicker areas of batter into the thinner areas. Although I thought I had it level, as it was baking and rising, I could see that I did not. When testing for doneness, I chose to bake long enough to get the thickest section done, with the end result being that the thinner sections were too dry. Even my husband, who thinks anything chocolate can't be bad, thought they were too dry. I removed them from the oven 2 minutes before the minimum baking time (per directions on brownie mix box).

The mix I used the 2nd time was far thicker than the Traditional mix, so everything that I found "a little difficult" before was 3 times more difficult. I worked and worked at getting it spread into all the channels, determined to get the batter level this time. I checked for doneness 6 minutes before the minimum recommended baking time, but they were not done until the exact minimum baking time (per box directions). This time they were not dry, but the thicker sections were too gooey and underdone for my taste.

After reading all the good reviews and ordering it, I had planned on buying 2 more later to give as gifts to my daughter and my daughter-in-law. Now that I have used the pan a couple times and am finding it difficult to level the batter, I have decided not to. I don't really want to give a gift that requires warning the recipients of the problems they are likely to have with it.

Right now, I DO think this pan bakes more evenly than traditional 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pans (I never use 13 x 9 pans for brownies), but spreading the batter evenly IS a pain. I don't understand why none of the other reviews mention the problem of getting the batter even.

I WILL say the quality/construction/material of this pan is excellent. I didn't grease the pan or use any cooking spray the 2nd time I used it, and the brownies still came out of the pan very easily--more easily than the other (greased) pans/baking dishes I used to use. Also, you would think this pan might be hard to wash with all the channels, but not so. It only takes about 15 seconds (no pre-soaking necessary) and it's completely clean.
2525 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2008
This is a wonderfully engineered product, a great concept well-executed, down to the detail of furnishing a plastic spatula made to fit without damaging the inner surface of the pan. I made brownies in it last night for the first time. After checking some great-sounding brownie recipes, I decided to make the recipe that came with the pan. My partner and I couldn't wait till the brownies cooled, so we sampled them while still warm. My memory will long savor that first bite as the best brownie I've ever had. Crunchy on the outside, soft, warm and chewie on the inside. The next brownie, this morning, was not disappointing either.

How to convert other recipes? The little booklet says you can use any recipe intended for a 9-inch square or 9 x 13 pan. That's a fairly wide range, and what about all the brownie recipes written for an 8-inch square pan? So I tried to calculate the surface area of the pan bottom. The problem is complicated by the irregular shape of this pan, plus the fact that the walls slant slightly and curve at the bottom. I filled a 9" round pan with two quarts of water and measured the depth it filled, slightly more than 1.75 inches (1 25/32"). Two quarts filled the Edge pan to a depth of almost 1.5 inches (1 7/16"). Based on the surface area of a round 9" pan being 63.64 square inches, I came up with a surface area of about 79 square inches for the Edge pan.

A 9-inch square pan is 81 square inches and a 13-inch pan is 117 square inches. An 8-inch square pan is 64 square inches. You should increase an 8-inch square recipe by 20 to 25 percent. If you use a recipe intended for a 9x13 pan, you'll have extra-thick brownies.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2007
I saw a review for this pan in the latest issue of Fine Cooking Magazine and knew I had to have it. I made brownies in it today and they turned out beautifully. The only thing wrong with the free spatula that came with it is that I am left handed and it is for a right hander. It is a perfect size to get through the channels in the pan tho. I think this is a great and unusual gift for anyone that bakes and for someone that might bake occasionally like me. Love it.
on January 14, 2007
And this is a good thing, because love elsewhere in the world seems pretty scarce right now. But not my Baker's Edge - this little baby has lovingly provided me with fantastic cookie bars, brownies, and of course - the no slide lasagna. Cooks quickly and evenly so even a dullard baker - like myself - is capable of baking great tasting and looking items for consumption.

Simply put, this pan is the Alpha Male in Jane Goodall's collection of bake ware - and it should be your's too. You will not be disappointed, I wasn't.
on February 28, 2007
I've been using this pan for a few months and I love it. It's makes terrific brownies and the non-stick surface releases them with the greatest of ease. Things cook evenly so no more dry edges and too-gooey centers. Cool product!
on March 2, 2009
I bought this pan because I've never been able to gauge when brownies were finished baking. I have no problems with any other cake or cookie, but for some reason, brownies always confound me. They're too cakey, they're too gooey, I could never win. My first try with the Baker's Edge was semi-successful. They baked in about 11 minutes and I should have left them in for a few more... but they were yummy... if you like your brownies gooey. The second try, I baked the brownies for about 15-17 minutes (sorry, I never use a timer) and they came out perfectly! I love this pan. They were a little crispy on the outsides, chewy in the middle, perfect. You can't fail. Keep in mind though that the brownies will cook much faster with this pan, and don't bake for the time that it says on the box. I used Ghiardelli chocolate chunk brownie mix both times. Delicious.
on January 20, 2007
This pan has been a fantastic investment. It's been great fun and a great incentive to bake dessert. I love having homemade dessert around the house, rather than store bought cookies, and every brownie has come out perfectly tastey and with just the right texture.

The pan itself has been easy to clean, and very sturdy. It comes with its own smaller spatula that fits the channels in the pan.

I love making dessert in it, but I even tried lasagna once and it came out amazingly well! Each piece was nicely formed, and had all its layers in each serving. I'll definitely be exploring more options with it in the future.