5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and Heathy Desserts!
I include superfoods in my diet. Blueberries, eggs, cashews, apples, apricots, bananas, blackberries, pine nuts etc. Quinoa is one of the major superfoods. It's a seed that is prepared more like a grain and is packed with protein. It's high in fiber and packed with nutrients. So I have been preparing Quinoa mostly as a grain side dish.

Now I can make...
Published on July 11, 2012 by Sandy Bose

3.0 out of 5 stars This book contains wheat.
I am very disappointed with this book purchase.
Published 18 months ago by C. Avery

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and Heathy Desserts!, July 11, 2012
Sandy Bose (Chicago, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews

Now I can make desserts with it! Sarah Clarence has done great job with this book. She explains the different types of Quinoa, how to prepare it and store it. She also has a book full of YUMMY Quinoa breads and muffins, bars, cookies and cakes.

There's a great variety of recipes in this book: Delicious Quinoa muffins, Very Berry muffins, Hearty Quinoa Bread, Tasty Cornbread with Quinoa, Moist Nutty Zucchini Quinoa Bread (a favorite), ChocoCoconut Quinoa Brownies, Nutty Dark Chocolate Bars, Gooey Peanut Butter & Quinoa Cookies, Melt in Your Mouth Chocolate Cupcakes, Easy Maple Quinoa Hot Cakes, Spicy Quinoa Cake and many more.

This book will allow me to include Quinoa in my diet in a variety of different desserts. Quinoa makes any meal healthier. It's nice to know we can include Quinoa in desserts and make them healthier too!

Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars This book contains wheat., May 15, 2013
I am very disappointed with this book purchase.
I was hoping that it would give me new ways to cook with quinoa so that I could expand my gluten-free repetoire. All but a few of the recipes contain white or whole wheat flour. This collection is geared towards the health conscious person looking to add quinoa to their everyday diet, not those looking to replace wheat with quinoa. It is intended for those wishing to jump on the quinoa fad bandwagon. It is not suitable for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
I cannot comment on the recipes themselves as I am unable to eat them due to my serious gluten intolerance and therefore did not try them. The few that could be made gluten-free did not appeal to me: nutty zucchini bread, quinoa bars, and peanut butter cookies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Popular & Healthy With These Yummy Quinoa Recipes!, July 17, 2012
What an awesome resource for quinoa lovers. Since I am also a chocolate lover as well, I especially liked the Peanutty Chocolate Quinoa Bars, The Quick and Easy Chocolate Quinoa Bars and but of course the Old Time Favorite Quinoa Cookies with Chocolate Chips! The author gives a great tip that since quinoa is so full of nutrients, you can make every day snacks and desserts that are not only healthy, but popular with your family too! Great book!

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Baking With Quinoa: Healthier Bread, Muffin, Cookie and Cake Recipes (Paperback)
I am a fan of quinoa and was looking forward to receiving this book. Alas, all the author has mostly done is add quinoa to otherwise fairly standard recipes to label them more healthful.....still a lot of wheat flour and sugar. Do not buy this if you are looking for recipes using quinoa as a substitute for wheat. The majority of recipes call for a little bit of quinoa or quinoa flour and a larger proportion of wheat flour. I have a problem with the book being touted as healthful, being that this is the case. You would do much better to go online to learn how to cook and store quinoa, or to find recipes using it.

3.0 out of 5 stars For the specialty ingredients set, not for me., November 15, 2012
I must say, if you are willing to use almond butter instead of butter and coconut oil instead of oil, along with soymilk and flax seeds, adding 300% to cost, 5% to health and zero or a negative to flavor, then this is the book for you, and clearly people who like the health-foods diet will enjoy this book. I love quinoa, but I lament that most of the recipes come from the health-food set and not foodies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and healthy - what more could you want?, July 14, 2012
I've been wanting to start baking with quinoa for a long time - since my visit to Peru where quinoa is used in main courses, side dishes, desserts. And they were so delicious! Sarah's recipes provide a great way to still have dessert, but with something on the healthy side. I've already tried the muffins which were totally delicious. Next on my list is the recipe for Quinoa Oatmeal Cookies. Yummy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to try quinoa recipes, very happy with cookbook, July 17, 2012
Bryan J. Bowers (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I've been wanting to try some quinoa recipes since you hear a lot about its health benefits. I stumbled upon this book and I'm very excited I found it. So far I've only explored the bars but looking forward to the cookies and the muffins. My favorites are the mocha fudge brownies, the nutty dark chocolate bars, and the peanut chocolate bars. Great tasty stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouthwatering Recipes, July 11, 2012
I had heard that quinoa was nutritional, but before reading Sarah Clarence's book, I had no idea how well it could be incorporated into delicious desserts. Sarah's book showed me how I can include a healthy food in my diet and still enjoy what I'm eating. Her book has a number of recipes for muffins, brownies, cookies and cakes. There is something for every taste. Whether you like chocolate, fruit, peanut butter, or zucchini, you'll find a dessert that makes your mouth water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book!, October 8, 2012
K. Lawrence (Jonesville, VT) - See all my reviews
I thought this book was great. Everything presented is very reasonable - no wonky ingredients, etc., and certainly enough family favorites (muffins, etc.) to make it worth while. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Baking with Quinoa, July 15, 2012
If you want to bake healthy desserts, this is the book for you. The author does a great job with her directions for how to prepare the Quinoa for each recipe. There are many ways to fix the Quinoa before you add it to your recipes.
It is very important to refrigerate or freeze the quinoa flour after you have prepared it. The recipes are yummy and healthy. You can't have it better than that.Muffins, breads, brownies, cookies & cakes are all in this great book.

Buy this book and make healthy treats for your family.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›