5.0 out of 5 stars The best running shoes ever!
Published on April 4, 2009 by Tiffany

3.0 out of 5 stars suprised...
I have been wearing New Balance for years on the recommendation of my podiatrist. Started with the 990 or 991 and have upgraded every year as they "new and improved" the sneaker. I have always found them to be a long lasting, nice fitting (room in the toe area) with some arch support sneaker.

THIS is the first time I have had to return a new balance due to...
Published on March 26, 2010 by glouise

5.0 out of 5 stars The best running shoes ever!, April 4, 2009
These shoes are amazingly comfortable. From the moment you put them on your feet you really don't want to take them off. I can't say that I've ever had a pair of tennis shoes that I preferred to socked feet. Most importantly, they are the perfect running shoe. Extremely light, cushioned and plenty of support. I never write reviews but I am so happy with these that I decided I should write one. By far the best pair of running shoes I've ever had, and I've had a lot.

3.0 out of 5 stars suprised..., March 26, 2010
glouise (Upstate New York United States) - See all my reviews

THIS is the first time I have had to return a new balance due to size.

I am a straight up 6 1/2 and could barely get my foot into this sneaker. I have never had this happened with a New Balance. Two of the things I love about them is they don't squish my toes and I have always been able to order online without trying them on first.

Ultimatley I do recommend the sneaker however, if you are looking at this style, and can find it locally, try it on before ordering. Amazon usually has the best price but it stinks to have to return and then reorder especially if you have to pay postage each way...there goes the savings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good running shoes, November 12, 2009
The 993, an updated version of 992 is a good running shoes for those whose feet are pronated/flat. For the most part, it's comfortable and the mesh allows solid ventilation from the stinkiness of sweat inside shoes. However, when I first wore the shoes, the inner right side where I tend to pronate cut into the side of my foot. In a word, it hurt! But then I readjusted the inner lining which is thank God, removable, so it's much more comfy now.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW...!, February 12, 2010
wint3Rain (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I never thought at the end of day, my feet are still very comfortable.

I heard of New Balance carries lots of running shoes and I thought they are like Nike or Adidas, but "less" trendy. However, at a very casual conversation with a friend; she said she needed to buy a pair of New Balance running shoes for her mother as the doctor directed. A friend on the side jumped in and said only the MADE IN USA ones are good but expensive. I pointlessly browsed the web on one random day and found this 993 model. I hesitated for 2 weeks before buying them because I am on a budget. However, Amazon has the cheapest price and what I paid is far more worth than my feet thanking me.

I have low arch (flat feet) and I thought it was a birth defect and never told anyone except my mom. No one ever told me I have to wear special made shoes and there I lived a good 30 years. Anyhow, this is a pair of fabulous shoes and if you are looking for comfort, do not hesitate. BUY them now.

I have heard the earlier model, 992, is better. However, I am too late to realize. 993 serve me well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted., May 28, 2010
My doctor told me to purchase the 993 to help with my foot problem. While I do not use the 993 for running, it gives wonderful support, not only in the arch, but the heel and sides as well without giving up comfort. I have five pair of shoes so the 993 gets a real workout and, so far, it has stood the test. The 993 is worn everyday, and some days it is worn from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night. Definately a shoe I would purchace again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, Excellent service!, November 24, 2009
M&M "onemoreset" (Fort Irwin, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I love these shoes. I have shin splints and these shoes provide the cushioning I need to elevate the pain. Well worth the money. I would definitely buy again. I received fast and excellent service from Road Runner Sports. Thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as comfortable as my 991's., November 12, 2009
I have had two pairs of NB991's and I was told that the NB993 replaced the NB991's. I did not find the NB993's
to be as comfortable. I ended up buying some Superfeet insoles from REI and after removing the existing insoles and replacing them with the Superfeet insoles, they are now more comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this shoe!!!, August 31, 2009
This is the second pair of New Balances that I've owned. I have lots of trouble with plantar fasciatis and heel spurs, and these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. These shoes have lots of padding/cushioning in the heel which is where I have most of my pain. I highly recommend these shoes to anyone with heel pain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Feet and Happy with my Amazon purchase, November 3, 2011
I read the reviews and since I know my size in New Balance shoes I ordered these. I wanted a black, casual comfortable shoe that I could wear for hours of being on my feet(and a shoe in which I could insert my orthotics). Many shoes, even NB's, I have to use the shoe stretcher where my bunion is, but this one had a wide enough toe box to accommodate the bump without a problem. I wear a D width in Woman's NB shoes. They are at the high end of $$$ with New Balance shoes, but I have bad feet, so I buy where I can get the best price. Amazon provided me with that. These are excellent shoes, and the look good with black slacks, for casual occasions. I'm very happy with this style and I want to thank those reviewers who came before me. Your input helps!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, February 26, 2011
Carole (New Orleans) - See all my reviews
I have worn New Balance shoes of this type (990, followed by 991, 992, and now 993) for almost a decade since I discovered that they were helpful for my problem feet. I am 62 years old, over 100 pounds overweight, and prone to plantar fasciitis if I'm not careful so I do not run at all. These are my everyday shoes and I wear them constantly, and have not had bad foot problems since I started wearing them.

I ordered the New Balance WR993 in a 9-1/2 B, same size as always, and the fit is absolutely perfect for my foot, much like the fit for the 992 (the 991 of the same size felt a little short on my foot). The WR993 feels like heaven and it feels like it cradles my heel much more effectively than my old 992's did. This could be due to my old shoes wearing out, but it also could be due to the WR993 being a better shoe. Anyway, the minute I put them on I was in heaven and I knew that New Balance had come up with another winner.

I ordered them on February 21st, using Amazon's free shipping which worked out very nicely. They were sent via USPS, and were supposed to arrive on March 2nd. They arrived on February 26th instead, much to my surprise and delight, in perfect condition.

The only negative thing I can say about the New Balance WR993 is that the price seems to have gone up. I don't think I ever paid more than $129 for this type of New Balance shoe before and I really hate to pay this much for shoes. Still, if they last me for 3-4 years as my previous NB shoes did, then they are worth every penny.

New Balance Women's WR993 Running Shoe,Grey,8.5 B