5.0 out of 5 stars Balance Your Body, Balance Your LifeTotal Health Rejuvenatio, October 6, 2000
"sagerats" (portland, or USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Balance Your Body, Balance Your Life: Total Health Rejuvenation (Hardcover)
A well written, motivating book. Dr. Taub takes the food,diet, and exercise corporations to the mat. Dr. Taub educates us on the corporate grooming of our nutritional needs.This is a scientific, truthful look at the myths surrounding how and what we eat. You will never look at milk the same way again. Good education on why and how our bodies function. Excellent suggestions for creating healthy habits. Easy to read, tough to put down. I've been following his suggestions for three weeks and felt better about my health in one. This is a book for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Informational Book, September 5, 2005
I have read all the "diet" books, from South Beach, Dr. Phil, Jorge Cruse, Atkins, The Raw Food Diet, etc. This book is by far the best of the best! Dr. Taub's book directs the reader in a whole different direction than any of the others. He talks about the mind set and how we allow the commercialization of food to rule and direct us in how we should eat. He gives plausible explanations for changing our eating habits and he does it with fun. He makes you want to make healthy changes. He covers issues that other authors do not. He tells the reader that you don't have to "diet", you don't have to count calories and you don't have to become an exercise guru. After reading his book, I know that this will be a lifetime change for me. I want to experience the joy of eating "living" food as he describes it and I don't ever want to taint my body again with the foods that he says are "dead" and do not give us any nutrition. I want to have a long, healthy life! I am 62 years of age and he made me realize that I am not too old to get started on this healthy way of life!

I am really excited about this book and I thank Dr. Taub for dispelling the ideas that others have set down about "diets", losing weight and eating healthy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, May 21, 2001
This is the best comprehensive book I've read on becoming healthy (and I've researched 'becoming healthy' extensively). It's written for the average person who wants to avoid prevalent diseases of the US (overweight, cardiovascular, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis...). It's easy to understand what you need to do and the effects are long-term. Best of all it doesn't take a denial approach to eating.
The reading goes quickly even though repetitive sometimes. The information is up to date and is what your doctor should be telling you!
Note: This book isn't as much for people who want to be 100% healthy, as it targets a broud range of people. If your goal is to be 100% healthy, I'd recommend looking for literature on raw or living foods, juicing, and colon care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, January 19, 2013
My colleague recommended this book as the alternative to a diet. It is a lifestyle change. He has some very interesting concepts, even though this book is a bit dated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Balance ..............Rejuvenation by Ed Taub, March 15, 2006
Dennis K. Wilson (Newport Coast, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This book is not only very enlightening, but it is also full of good ideas which make a difference. Thanks to Ed Taub!

Balance Your Body, Balance Your Life: Total Health Rejuvenation
Balance Your Body, Balance Your Life: Total Health Rejuvenation by Edward A. Taub (Hardcover - November 1, 1999)
Used & New from: $0.01