5.0 out of 5 stars We all need a little balance in our lives
Published 10 months ago by Heather E. Hejduk

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a Full House Memoir than how to blanace life....
Published 6 months ago by J. Chauvin

5.0 out of 5 stars We all need a little balance in our lives, January 3, 2014
Most people my age remember Candace Cameron Bure as DJ Tanner on Full House. Those a bit younger may remember her as Summer van Horne on ABC Family's Make It or Break It. I was born almost exactly two years after her and got married almost exactly two years after she did. My oldest and her second child were born within days of each other. I grew up "with" her, watching her every week on TGIF. Now, I follow her on Twitter and Facebook and read her blog. I read her first book, Reshaping It All and found it to be very useful so I looked forward to the release of her new book, Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose.

Balancing It All is part memoir, part self-help/motivation, and part Bible study. Most chapters are laid out starting with a Bible verse (she uses the Holman Christian Standard Bible) that relates to the topic for that chapter. Topics include marriage, parenting, friends, service, education, and more. Most chapters give a story from her life that relates to the topic. Then she ties it all together with ideas that have worked in her life for maintaining balance when you are being pulled in a hundred different directions and feel like it's all going to crash down on you.

There is nothing new, no earth shattering ideas in Balancing It All. What there is is a lot of support and motivation and a few reminders to do things we know we should (like pray!) but often forget. Candace Cameron Bure is extremely honest in this book. She is not perfect, her family is not perfect (it sounds like her daughter is a little harder to handle like my daughter and just knowing that is comforting to me). Sure, she's had life experiences that are unlike most people, but she still has a lot of the same struggles as everyone else. In short, she's human and she doesn't try to portray herself as anything but human. She is very clear that what works for her won't necessarily work for someone else. We are all at different points in our lives, but I suspect that every woman can take at least one thing away from Balancing It All, apply it in her life, and end up happier and more balanced for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a Full House Memoir than how to blanace life...., May 7, 2014
I love Candace. She is a beautiful person, but this book was a miss for me. I was looking for tips on how to balance everyday life. Maybe if not that, then some funny stories about housework, work, children, family, etc. Most of the book was about her life growing up on the set of Full House and her friendships that she has made in her life. I didn't find much (if any) advice on how to be more organized, how to balance all daily life, nothing.

I do love her and support her. I just wish the title and cover wasn't so misleading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Talk about an on time message., January 1, 2014
The topic of Bure's latest book is what I've been craving now more than ever. Talk about an on time message.

As someone who has for the most part always embraced responsibility, priorities have always been very important to me. Getting it right has been an obsession of mine. I'm not married and I don't have kids but I still have priorities and struggles with balancing it all. Mainly, making God the ultimate priority and the center of all that I am and do. I'd like to think that I have it all together spiritually but truth be told, I have my phases where for months at a time I drown myself in the word of God and months at a time, I'll open up that bible only a handful of times. This has to change. I need to put my foot down and be consistent in all things rather than solely the things I think I want for a time. Balancing It All was the push I needed to sit down and really think about my priorities in a way that I truly never have before.

I'm a list keeper. Always have been. I make To Do lists all the time. Sometimes my daily to do lists are organized by the hour. Short term lists. Long term lists. I make them all. The thing is, I can write to do lists all day and the word, "Prioritize" comes to my mind multiple times a day for a couple of days out of every month but do I sit down and look at that list? My lists are organized by both the timely manner in which I can get it done and how high of a priority I believe it to be. But to really sit down and analyze these priorities...it hasn't been done in awhile. What do I mean?

"Balance isn't necessarily about cutting things out of our lives, but rather being led to invest in the right things."

That. I can't stress the above line enough. Talk about an "aha moment." Balancing It All will encourage readers to be honest with themselves and accept accountability on a level that they've never reached before. I always knew I was fairly good with my balancing act but I always knew something was missing and that was it.

There's also a part of me that knew a fraction of what needed to be changed and Bure touches on all of that as well. She writes, ...my life is out of balance and my priorities need to change because I need to change. Nobody really wants to hear that they are part of the problem but it's so true! So much of the time we are in our own way. I know I am in my own way and I am tired. So tired of half surrendering. Not anymore. Enough is enough.

I love when Bure wrote, "God hasn't abandoned me. I've abandoned Him." So so true. I know I can relate with my bible phases and praying everyday but not really getting down to the nitty gritty. Praying for God to help me be more kind and rolling my eyes at every test. I am in my own way. Writing down all of the things that I think I want and need to do but never asking God what He wants me to do or truly trusting Him to get it done. God will open doors when we trust in Him and seek His wisdom and guidance.

Bure stresses the importance of faith, hard work, commitment and discipline, selflessness, boundaries, accepting help (I'll admit, that's something I've always had to work on), humility, and so much more. She tackles the tasks of growing intellectually, physically, spiritually, and socially and maintaining a balance between the four with examples from her own life, back from her Full House days up to the present.

I was amazed to see in Balancing It All how God was working in Bure's life even when she didn't realize it, even while she was a Christian but wasn't practicing her faith like she does today. The favor of God was on her life and it's on yours too but it's up to you to accept it. It's up to you to prioritize your life and this book is just the inspiration and boost you need to get you on your way.

I especially love the prayer at the end of the book. I've been saying for years that I would start a prayer journal and even attempted to start one twice but something about the words Bure has written has encouraged me to be consistent with a prayer journal. I also can't even begin to express how proud I am of Candace Cameron, a household name talking about the power of prayer.

I always get so happy when I see Bure using her platform for God's will (whether in book form, on the small screen, on Twitter, etc...) and I am so thankful that her words can, will, and have touched so many people no matter what their background and circumstance. It never ceases to bring a huge smile to my face whenever I see Bure as an instrument of His and she will never stop inspiring others to make it a point to be the same - in their own way. What an encouragement. What a phenomenal book to read to start off the new year on the right foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it! A Great look into balancing life as a wife,mom and Christian!, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose (Paperback)
Great read for people who wonder how to balance life as a wife, mom and Christian woman in today's busy world! Quick read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Fun Read, January 8, 2014
J. Cerrone (southwest USA) - See all my reviews
I like Candace's easy reading style. She is very honest and open about her life, both privately and publicly. I think it's hard to relate at times because she is a celebrity, but her choice to be a wife and mother is clearly set forth as the precedent for this book, and therefore is applauded. I've seen her speak, and she is well poised and presented to be educated, which I like. It's worth reading for the encouragement.

3.0 out of 5 stars I will most likely give it away to someone who can better relate theologically and personally to Bure's story, July 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Candace Cameron Bure, the star of Full House and the sister of fellow thespian Kirk Cameron, has recently written a book that shares her story and offers advice about being a Christian mother. Her situation is unique because she is also doing some work acting, and her husband is a professional athlete.

This book is interesting and decently written, but will not be for everyone. Mrs. Bure has a more fundamentalist, conservative worldview, which makes its way into her decisions about parenting, marriage, and life. And while many women will relate to her struggles to balance responsibilities, not all of them will make the same decisions she has.

The book is interesting, and mixes biography and inspiration. I will most likely give it away to someone who can better relate theologically and personally to Bure's story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, March 25, 2014
I love the way she share her journey. She make the reader understand the path that she traveled and help them to understand how to walk through that path by themselves with God at their side. Excellent book! Excellent author!

2.0 out of 5 stars Christian memoir, July 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have not been following Candace Cameron Bure's life since I stopped watching Full House, but when I saw her on the cover of this book, I figured that I would check in and see what was going on. I suppose if I had known more about her current life then I would have known how religious she is. There were several religious statements and lessons throughout the book which I did not want to read. I tend not to enjoy being preached at. I started skipping around and avoiding those passages, but then I felt like I was only reading about half of the book. Overall, if you watched Full House as a child, the information about life at that time was very interesting, but unless you are Christian, then you will probably feel like skipping this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Candace..., May 17, 2014
For me the book was much more biography and very little help in how to balance "it all." Had I gone into the book reading about Candace's life I think I would have enjoyed it much more but it was sold as (in my opinion) a book to help the average Jane balance priorities more efficiently. It didn't seem like anything new or fresh nor did I find that it really showed how to juggle priorities. I'm sure others may glean some from it; but I didn't. In addition, I did not enjoy the but that is very much personal preference. Having said that: I enjoyed the chapter on involving your children in service to others. I'm glad I purchased it when it was at a deep discount. I wanted to give this a better review but was left disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars to much blah, blah blah, June 18, 2014
I thought it would be fun to ready but I was bored a lot and skipped a lot of her stories.

Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose
Balancing It All: My Story of Juggling Priorities and Purpose by Dana Wilkerson (Paperback - January 1, 2014)
$16.99 $14.55