4.0 out of 5 stars When Will Manufacturers Learn?
Published on June 23, 2009 by ladyfingers

3.0 out of 5 stars good bra
Published on September 14, 2009 by S. Fisher

4.0 out of 5 stars When Will Manufacturers Learn?, June 23, 2009
This review is from: Bali Passion For Comfort Minimizer Underwire Bra (Apparel)
I purchased this bra in a department store. It fit well and was very comfortable. Wanting more and knowing it should fit, I purchased two others from Amazon. The soft taupe one was made in Honduras, the same country as the one I purchased from the department store. The black one was made in the Dominican Republic--it fit much tighter and definitely lost its comfort appeal. To make matters worse, I paid more for the black one! I am so sick of clothing companies having a specific product made in different countries. This is not unique to the bra industry--jeans and pants are notorious for having multiple manufacturing sites depending on the color of the merchandise. And believe me, they're not all created equal! I would have given this bra five stars, but once again, a different country's shoddy workmanship spoiled that. I love to order online, but this is getting tiresome and expensive when you can't duplicate the very product you initially bought. It would be helpful if buying sources listed where merchandise is made--am I the only one experiencing this problem?

April 2012 Update: Apparently manufacturers do listen. I took a big gulp and recently ordered three more of these bras--in white, soft taupe and black. Guess what? All three were made in Honduras! Thank you, Bali. This is now a comfortable fitting bra in ALL colors (or at least the three I ordered). For that, an extra star!

June 2012 Update: A reviewer posted a comment to me that she purchased a black bra and it was made in El Salvador. It did not fit well at all. I don't know what to think anymore, but because of her comment, I am taking away that fifth star. Sounds like consumers are still at the mercy of companies/different manufacturing sites. That's too bad because Bali has a good product and lots more women would buy this bra if they could count on consistent craftsmanship.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful minimizer, August 30, 2007
Shnookie04 (Massachusettes) - See all my reviews
I have purchased several Wacoal minimizers they were not lined did not make me look any smaller and the straps slipped $60 ea.
This Bali minimizer for 1/2 the price is wonderful offers more support I look a whole size smaller. It seems to run a little big as I am a 38 d and wear a 36 c. Maybe they do that on purpose because you already feel a size smaller before you put it on!!It really works and I bought a bunch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, wow, wow is right: This is my new bra!, May 26, 2008
MonaLS (Hayward, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bali Passion For Comfort Minimizer Underwire Bra (Apparel)
It's hard to find a good bra that fits those of us with very large cup sizes (38DDD), usually something ends up binding or rubbing in the wrong place, but NOT this bra. Soft, comfortable, stylish and supportive, this bra is absolutely wonderful to wear. I also don't find myself re-adjusting the straps all day long. And no annoying pattern to show though my blouse. I love this bra, and will be getting many more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bali Passion for Comfort minimizer., January 9, 2010
Canice (Wilton, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bali Passion For Comfort Minimizer Underwire Bra (Apparel)
After reading a dozen reviews, i thought I would take the chance to buy these when they were really marked down, ordered three.
At first I didnt like them, but after getting used to them, I have come to love them! OK, that said, let me be a little more opinionated. I wear a 40D, and these are great bras, but I personally don't think of them as minimzer. I have other company minimizer bras, and the other day I decided to put on each, a Bali and the other. Bali does minimize a little, whereas the other minimizers really minimze. On me the Bali minimizes maybe 1/2 a size. But then I can wear one of these 12 hours and not feel like i have been bound up all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, December 23, 2009
This review is from: Bali Passion For Comfort Minimizer Underwire Bra (Apparel)
I have been wearing Victoria's Secret bras forever, not anymore. I realized one day that I actually need a minimizer bra, and realized VS doesn't make one. They are all about pushing the girls up until they spill out. So I started to google, found this bra on [...] under the Cabernet name. Ordered a white one and as soon as I took it out of the package, I knew it was perfect. I took the tags off before I even tried it on! It gives a nice round shape (I hate bras that make me look pointy!). It is soft and comfortable. There is NO spillage (over the top or around the back straps). This thing actually does make me look smaller too, which I wasn't about to believe until I saw it. I went back right away to [...] and ordered a toffee one too. But I almost always wear black, they didn't have black! After more googling, I realized it is actually this Bali style #3385 bra. I guess Dillard's sells Bali bras under the Cabernet name. Whatever. Found it in black here at Amazon under the Bali name! Yay! I will probably order a bunch more and throw out about $500 worth of Victoria's Secret bras.

I *might* be able to size down from a 36D to a 36C... I will experiment with that later. But I am probably ok and just reading too much into it. I always wear a 36D. The D cup on this seems just a tad bigger than I am used to. Just a tad. This may be why I'm not getting the spillage though, so I should probably not chance it. Another reviewer said this bra is at Kohl's? I will look and see if I can try one on.

3.0 out of 5 stars good bra, September 14, 2009
This is a good bra, but doesn't minimize quite as much as I'd hoped for... also, the way the cups are constructed, (not quite covering the entire breast up top) makes for some "overflow" on the top, which does not look very nice under any shirt. Just for the readers info, I did buy the right size for me. I have other size "D" bras that fit just fine... and this one fits, it just doesn't cover enough on the top (at least for me). Eh... I think I've bought better bras than this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable comfort!, March 31, 2009
This undergarment is the cream of the crop. I purchased one to see if the reviews I was reading could really be true. They were! It's comfort is unmatched without sacrificing support. I love it! (I bought two more) My advice, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bra Yet!, October 27, 2008
This review is from: Bali Passion For Comfort Minimizer Underwire Bra (Apparel)
Bali Women's Passion for Comfort Minimizer Bra #3385 I was searching for a bra that would give me a lift, and be comfortable at the same time. I have never worn an underwire bra before this one. I thought they would be uncomfortable. When Macy's had a buy 2, get one free sale, I purchased 3 Bali bras that were different styles in order to give underwired bras a fair trial. The trimming on two of them was scratchy, and irritated my skin. This one is ideal! I can't remember owning a bra better than this one. Not only does it lift to make you look good, but it is really comfortable. I think it is comfortable because it has no seams, and the binding is made from the same fabric as the bra itself. Try it; I think you'll like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just OK., February 7, 2012
I never thought I would say this but I am a LARGE 38DDD, and this bra was too big in the upper parts of the cups where the straps attach. Big enough where I thought about returning, but I really needed new bras and I didn't have time to shop yet and what the heck I got it for under $20. It's definitely comfortable, but I think this is more of a bust enhancer, not a minimizer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It kind of spreads your breasts to the side instead of the middle to get rid of cleavage or having that extra 1/2 boob coming out of your bra, which is great, and the cups keeps your breast round not coney, which I love, but it isn't minimizing anything in fact the effect is the opposite! LOL My husband didn't want me to leave the house (I wear not tight but definitely form-fitting shirts) and 2 co-workers told me "Your boobs look fantastic" so yes, no minimizing going on. LOL I do like it enough to order a 38DD, but I KNOW I am a DDD this bra is just TOO BIG in the cup, they need a more accurate sizing method!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow... Wow... Wow, May 9, 2008
This review is from: Bali Passion For Comfort Minimizer Underwire Bra (Apparel)
I have always had a hard time finding a comfortable bra. Most of my bras are itchy, uncomfortable, heavy and bulky. Not the Bali. I'm a 42C (just had a baby) and this really really makes me look and feel a lot smaller. It is the most comfortable bra I've ever owned (and it takes a lot for me to say that).
I forget I have it on. The only part that bothers me is right in the back where the hooks are. It's a little itchy because the material is different, but I've put a piece of soft t-shirt material over it and no problems at all (this is my major issue with ALL bras).

I'm still giving this bra 5 stars because I forget I have it on. I purchased two more, for good measure. I hope they don't discontinue them.

Bali Passion For Comfort Minimizer Underwire Bra