5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!
Published on November 15, 2012 by T. Poole

1.0 out of 5 stars A semi-racerback that works as well as its cost reflects...
Published on July 19, 2012 by Daly Mavorneen,

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, November 15, 2012
I prefer T-back bras because I absolutely hate when a bra strap falls down on your arms. I have 2 old ones that are well past their prime, and I have not been able to find any in stores to replace them, so I came to Amazon. I bought 2 bras. This Bali one and the Wacoal Women's Front Close T-Back Bra #65124. First off, the Bali is $16, and the Wacoal was $44. I loved the Bali one, and am returning the Wacoal one. You can see my review of the Wacoal (too tight/small, too thin, too scratchy, too expensive...if it was fabulous, I'd pay $44), but this review is of the Bali one.
This Bali bra is: 1. It is well padded, but not overly padded; 2. gave plenty of support; 3. Im 5'1" and 135lbs. and typically a C...the size chart showed me as a 36C. This one fit perfectly. No fall-out at all. 4.If I had to sleep in it, I could. It was that comfortable.
It is not really dainty, but it covers and supports well, which is what you need. I also like that the "T" in the back is not really high up (my others go way up the back and it actually shows in some shirts that have a sheer fabric or low cut. Also, the straps aren't real close to the neck, so shirts with a large wide collar (boatneck style) these straps are further out than typical T-straps and don't show in shirts that my other bra straps showed in.

ANd the price...$16--GREAT!...since the other one fit, I went back and bought another white, and a tan and black. So glad to have bras that look good, feel good, and do what they are supposed to do. (so I actually bought 3 of these bras for the price of ~1 of the Wacoal bras)

Have only worn this bra once, so can't tell you how it will hold up in the long run...washes, etc...But all bras over time lose elasticity. SHould it not hold up to typical wear and tear, I'll definitely adjust my review, but for form and fit, this one is 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars good fit, but a few issues, June 13, 2012
Lexi Adams (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bali Women's Smooth U Front-Close Bra (Apparel)
I have had this bra for a few months and do like it, with a few caveats. First, I will say that I have been trying front-close bras for a little while due to breast reduction surgery, and feeling like I'm not finding back-close bras that are supportive enough. This bra is moderately supportive, and I feel is a true fit. I am a 42B in this bra, and I think it is a perfect fit. The things that I find to be an issue with this bra are the front close mechanism and the amount of strap to work with in tightening them up. Then front close mechanism is attached in an attractive way, but it is not entirely functional. The front closure is not stitched to be set, it will move around so that it is horizontal instead of vertical (as it is supposed to be), and that makes things a bit weird and uncomfortable. The straps don't have a lot of room to work with in terms of how much you can tighten them up. The amount of space you have to tighten them up stops in back, and doesn't leave a lot of room for you to tighten up the straps for extra support. The material is also a little scratchy - this would be better if it was microfiber, in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars A semi-racerback that works as well as its cost reflects..., July 19, 2012
This review is from: Bali Women's Smooth U Front-Close Bra (Apparel)
Kinda flummoxed by all the postive reviews here. I'm chalking it up to the fact that racerbacks are nigh impossible to find if you're over a 38D, and even if you're smaller chested, the selection is slim and grim. That style has definately been phased out by bra makers, probably succumbing to the social acceptance of the ubiquitous showing of bra straps with fitted tanks (ala Gwen Stefani's performance costume in No Doubt). But I just find it distracting, ugly and lazy! So we're left with this semi-racerback, that for me, a 40D-42C, just does not work. Loved the front closure and found the vertical slide-bolt mechanism quite sturdy (while another reviewer found the up-and-down closure "force[d] the clip to poke your skin"). But the horrendously stiff over-padding, which Bali calls "full coverage foam cups for a smooth look under clothes," was the deal breaker here. That, and the torturously tight band and straps. This is NOT a size issue, it is an ungenerous, skimping-on-fabric issue, like the uber-popular Bella V-neck Sheer L/S Longer-Length Tee; once your wash it, you discover how much the maker "stretched" the fabric to meet the size category. Same thing with these bras. Like all inexpensive clothing, the manufacturer stints on the fabric. With this bra, I didn't even need to wash it once to see and feel the Trojan Horse that it was; with all the substantial padding removed, it MIGHT have actually been the size represented. Finally, the frugal fabric was scratchy, as another reviewer stated. Back to the brassiere drawing board. I'm going costly this time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Front clip shifts, April 12, 2012
The bra fits well except the front clip slips side to side which forces the clip to poke your skin.
Bali should have used a sturdier fabric for the front clip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bali Bra ever, June 15, 2012
Teresa Rozycki (Adirondacks of New York) - See all my reviews
I have worn the front close bra with what is now called racer straps for at least 50 years. When I went to buy new bras I was told that the department stores only carry a very small number and not in my size. I ran into the same problem on line. Then I tried Amazon.com. When the bra arrived, it was perfect. Just what I wanted. The fit was great. I would recommend this product any day.

3.0 out of 5 stars bali's smooth u fr close bra, June 17, 2012
The fit is good. The one problem I had with this bra is that some of the material that comes in contact with your skin is kind of scratchy. I haven't bought from Bali for a long time because they didn't offer front close bras. I have to use front close to minimize back pain from disc compression. Front close and comfort are the most important factors when choosing bras for me. Bali should choose materials that touch the skin that are less scratchy and more comfortable, but this bra is a good fit. Bali also is one of the few brands that I found that have a front close bra available in black.

5.0 out of 5 stars The bra of my dreams, January 16, 2013
I finally found a bra that fits me and feels great. I love that it has a front close. I'm a size 34B and it's difficult to find a front close bra in my size especially one that feels this good. The support is also excellent. I did receive the order in a timely manner. I am so very pleased with this bra that I already ordered two more. The the price of the bra is also much better than I expected for such an excellent bra. I would recommend this bra to any woman who is looking for a front close, good support bra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, April 19, 2013
This bra is so comfortable I forget it's even on me. I will get another to use as a sports bra since it doesn't slide around, and the straps do not fall off my shoulders. Surprisingly great bra!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BRA great fit,, April 2, 2013
I really like these bra's i have ordered them in two size's and several colors now, first i normally wear a 40 DD or 42 DD i first ordered a 40 DD i thought i really liked but after really looking i think was two tight so returned with no problams and got the 42 DD it fit much better, racer back bra's for larger women are hard to find and i think this does the job with comfort and style, holds up well and very comfy looks good under tight tanks and i have had no problams with the clasps or straps they seem to stay up fine. there is a little bit of padding but over all i have ordered several racer back and other bra's off amazon in the last month and this is my favorite in the racer back style. I ended up getting black and tan and happy with both, i would buy again. and at the price even if they don't hold up forever you can get more but i do think they will hold up well the wire's are well covered and don't seem like they will poke out. clasp seems sturdy and is made like all the other front close bra's i have gotten so should be fine. i would recomend it

3.0 out of 5 stars Business in the front, nothing in the back, January 23, 2014
I am a 38DD plus size woman. I bought several front close bras at the same time to compare. This one had the best cup coverage of the 5 that I purchased. It fit true to size with no spillage at the top. The back, however, offered no support. The material is thin and instantly folds. The straps are okay, but not super supportive for a plus size. The other thing - with a racer back, the straps come in towards your neck, so you have to be careful about which outfits you wear with this style. I would guess for a smaller person (with no back fat!) this bra would work very well. Another plus - the front hook stays in place and does not shift around during the day.

Bali Women's Smooth U Front-Close Bra