4.0 out of 5 stars pretty but wont fit in the canner rack
I think these are very pretty jars but I have used them to make preserves and they will not fit in the canning rack. Won't stay on the rack and the rack and boiling water canner are Ball products. They are not stable on the rack which can make it frustrating. pretty though. Not sure if I would purchse these again.
Published on October 12, 2009 by Luv2shopns

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but . .
I make most of my own Asian sauces and pastes (ginger, lemongrass, etc) and really wanted something nice to store them in for myself and for gifts. I was excited to see they were the perfect size and style. After washing and drying I went to stack these in my cupboard and realized... THEY DON'T STACK!

What a design flaw! My grandparents, mother and sister...
Published on March 3, 2012 by Matthew R. Jacks

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but . ., March 3, 2012
This review is from: Ball 1440061162 Collection Elite Brushed Silver Design Wide Mouth Jars 8 Oz with Lid and Bands, 4-Count (Kitchen)

What a design flaw! My grandparents, mother and sister have canned for ever and I have fond memories of stacks and stacks of jams and jellies in cupboards; all the bottoms fitting snugly on the jars below. These little things just slip right off!

All they needed to do was include a small glass ring into the bottom of the jars to fit the metal lid on the one below. Quite often people design things without ever having used such an item and have only aesthetics in mind. This is not Jarden's fault but Ball's.

I'll gift the ones I have and find something more storage friendly.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty but wont fit in the canner rack, October 12, 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced!, May 21, 2012
Great product, so cute... but is overpriced here, just got them at Walmart for $3.97. They really are perfect for gifts and food storage!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these jars!, September 9, 2009
I am very pleased with these jars! I love their size and they stack easily! My jars have a pretty floral-type design on the lid which adds a very nice touch, as I use them as a container for my homemade hair and body butters! The price is very nice as well! I will definitely be purchasing more!

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but..., October 18, 2012
As noted in several of the other reviews, these don't stack well and don't properly fit a standard canning rack for processing.

Also the "corners" require some effort to get out the jam/jelly.

I'm using my supply of these for holiday gifts because they do look nice, but not expecting (or wanting) the jars back. Will not be purchasing more of this size/style.

I much appreciate the attempt to create a more stylish jar to appeal to a new generation of home canners.
(I find the older style jars with the "quilted" textures and other folksy decorations a bit twee.)

I do hope they try again to create something with a modern appeal that doesn't lack functionally.

My new choice for giftable sizes is the Jardin (Kerr) wide mouth half pint, as it has a timeless classic look (no quilted textures!) and I find the proportions more appealing than the regular mouth half pint.
Jarden Home Brands 12Pk 1/2Pt wide Mouth Jar Canning Jars

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty meets utility - finally!, October 10, 2007
B. Carrier (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
Given that these process-up just as well as the old-fashioned looking Ball and Kerr varieties of jars, that they appear both contemporary and classic should make purchasing them a no-brainer. I had not a single jar fail to seal and appreciated their classicly appealing shape with an attractive and modern silver-coloured lid and band. I'm definitely buying more for making jams of spring's berries.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect little jars, January 27, 2013
i fill these with a body cream i make then give them to family and friends as gifts. everyone loves them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not stackable; Better price at Walmart, June 14, 2012
I just bought these at Walmart (6/2012) for $3.97 for the 4 jars. Now they do not stack, but are perfect for storing small amounts of whatever. You could keep the carton and use it for stacking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful jars but don't buy them here, October 12, 2011
The product itself would be five stars if not for the price.

These are good-looking, small canning jars. The platinum lids are a nice touch and they look far better than most generic lids if you're making gifts. The size of each jar is on the small side and a bit impractical for something like jelly that would at some point find itself in a refrigerator, though.

Check your local grocery store or anywhere locally in the summer before buying these online. In my case, the price locally was less than half of what I paid here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, January 2, 2013
This is a great product, very versatile and sturdy.

I use these for making homemade bath products, they're so cute!