Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on October 17, 2008
After spending more time than I wanted trying to get rid of pantry moths and tossing out dry foods, I decided to try these jars. Loved them. Used for cereals, oatmeal, flours, rice, etc. They are great. Right into the dishwasher and you always can tell the amount you have left. My pantry is now moth free and very organized looking. Out with the new plastics and in with the old jars.
22 comments|180 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Like many I've bought tons of those plastic boxes at the grocery and finally realized my canning jars fit most needs. Here are some. They wash beautifully in the dishwasher and don't take up much room, can be reused endlessly, serve for freezing and canning, of course, but day to day too. Many types of leftovers fit into this pint jar, especially things you want to reheat like soup, mac & cheese or spaghetti. With the plastic lids Ball Wide-Mouth Plastic Storage Caps which are easier to use than the two part lids (and easy to wash) they are even more appealing. They're safe in the microwave where not all the plastic storage boxes are and they are more economical.

Granted Ball jars don't nest for storage, but I have a pantry shelf set aside for them and reuse them so often I like them handy. Sometimes my morning smoothie is too much for one serving so I store the remainder in one of these jars. The next day I can shake it up, remove the lid and drink with a straw right from the jar. I also store nuts and seeds in the jars which keeps them fresh. They're great for chocolate chips, powdered sugar, baking soda, dry polenta and other grains. With the lid they stack nicely for best use of my cabinet space and the contents are easily identifiable or can be labeled. The metric and oz/cup markings even let them stand in for measuring cups.

In a time when we're trying to save, a product such as this that is versatile and reusable has even more value. Even if you don't can, consider Ball jars for other uses. Highly recommended.
55 comments|192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2008
They arrived promptly unbroken. I use these for canning, and storing dry goods. They seal with a vacuum sealer. You can also buy sprouting lids on amazon that will fit wide mouth canning jars. As soon as I open chips, crackers or cookies I put that in a jar. It keeps insects away AND makes it more likely to consume only a small portion. Store your powdered milk, flour, sugar, tea leaves, coffee beans, dried beans, and pasta in these. Make up in batches your favorite baking mixes and add to these jars. Store dried fruit and vegetables here. I keep a LARGE jar of dried onions and one of dried mushrooms to use in soups and sauces such as for spaghetti. If your remotely thinking about buying these, buy one set of 6. You will wonder what you did without them. Its difficult these days to find an item for a bit over a dollar apiece, 10 for a set of 6. that is THIS useful.
0Comment|164 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
We purchased these 4oz jars to store homemade baby food. We wanted to use glass jars instead of plastic, as we have concerns about leaching. Yes...we are those people. The only issue we found is that the traditional canning lids contain BPA. We purchased Tattler Reusable Regular Canning Lids which fit perfectly. Problem solved. I love the size of these jars. They are easy to clean and they can be placed in the freezer.
44 comments|185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2011
I always thought Amazon was giving me a deal until I found out just now with 2 items that I purchased less than a month ago. I just wish I could return these bottles because I just purchased 2 cases for $11.99 each. Also, if you purchase them for ACE Hardware online they will send them to a local ACE store at free shipping. I was fortunate to have oneof the stores on the less than 5 minutes away from when I am living.
1717 comments|130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2011
Showing you how I use my jars...
1313 comments|175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2006
...I use them with my FoodSaver vacuum sealer! These jars are perfect for anything from grated cheese, flour, sugar, nuts, oats, cereal, chips - anything you can think of that is bulky.

They work exceptionally well with grated cheese - I like to buy 2lb blocks of Tillamook cheddar, get out the food processor and grate the whole block. Then store in the jars in the fridge. Vacuum sealed, the grated cheese will keep for over a month easy, without drying out or molding. Cheaper than the pre-grated, and less preservatives too.

Love my wide-mouth jar attachment in conjunction with these Ball canning jars...
66 comments|145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2016
I used these to help organize my pantry and spice cabinets. They stack so nicely and look great. I must've had 4 different spice sets and then of course all the original bottles of spices. This made it hard to see what was there easily and I ended up with a lot of expired spices or multiples of the same spice. I can now see what I have when I open the doors and will be able to keep track of what needs replacing. I added shaker lids and pour spout lids to the larger jars for larger 16 to 32 oz spice containers. These jars are nicely made and durable. There are so many uses for these other than canning.
review image review image review image
on May 27, 2015
I purchased these jars for my meal prep! They came in handy for my yogurt parfaits! They were great because they were freezer safe and also kept my things cold!
review image
44 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2011
I love these for pantry storage! I often buy baking goods in bulk as I bake a lot and I pack them in these jars as soon as I get home. They're great for everything from sugar and flour to pasta, rice, crackers, cereal, dried fruits, and chocolate chips.

I use them with the plastic lids, which I find easier when accessing the jars frequently. The wide mouths are easy to fill and wash. I also like the wide mouths for baking ingredients such as sugar (not flour), as you can easily fit a 1/4 or 1/3 cup measuring cup through the mouth to scoop. It makes it so much easier than having to get out a spoon and fill a larger cup, it's just scoop and go. Identifying what is in each jar is as simple as just looking at it, but if you need to label similar looking items I've found that the 3/4 inch black text on clear tape from the Brother label makers does a beautiful job and easy to remove from the jars yet holds up well during hand washing if you'd prefer to leave it on.

I've found them excellent for storing dry pantry staples, especially during the summer, to prevent any humidity or critter damage. Everything comes out of them just as fresh as the day I put it in. There is no more stale cereal or clumpy sugar. I also love the way my pantry looks when I have shelves lined with the jars as everything is uniform and you can quickly see how much you have of what.

As for size, I've found that a 10 pound bag of granulated sugar fits in three jars. A 10 (perhaps 12) pound bag of rice fits in three jars as well. About two pounds of pasta (depending on the shape) fits in one jar. A box of cereal usually takes up two jars. A box of snack crackers easily fits in one jar. So, you can see that you can really fit quite a bit in a jar.

I highly, highly recommend these!