Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ball Jar 8-Ounce Plastic Freezer Jar - 3 pack
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 8 Ounce|Change

on June 5, 2012
Short Story:

Lids are hard to seal and tell if they are sealed. Jars collapse when putting lid on. Ball makes a similar, but MUCH better plastic jar with a screw-on lid.

Long story:

The lids are very hard to attach. You often have to push so hard that the plastic jar collapses making for quite a mess. It is also hard to tell if the lid is actually in place. The top is made of a rather soft plastic. Therefore, it slides input place rather than snaps. That is part of the reason why it is hard to tell if it is all the way sealed.
I filled to ½ inch from the top. I put it in the freezer. Some of the lids came unsealed. I'm not sure why - it was not due to over-filling.
They do stack nicely. I like the plastic the lid is made out of. It seem like it would last a long time. However, it does not seal very good (as stated above). The cups look nice. However, due to the shape, they collapse easily when putting the lid on. If you look at the picture, you can kind of see the bend in the jar where it would tend to collapse.
These were now so I purchased them. Ball has some similar jars they have been selling. I purchased them after these. They are MUCH better. The tops screw on snug. The tops screw to the bottom of the next jar and to themselves. This helps with storage when they are full and empty. Great idea. But again, this is for the other jars.
on June 7, 2012
I honestly can't get ANY of the lids on. They all sit crooked. I now have a gallon of jam sitting on my countertop and nothing to put it in!

Do NOT buy these!
on May 9, 2014
I bought these plastic jars at the local grocery store for $3.99 + tax for the 3 pack. I was checking Amazon to see if they had a better price. Whoa! I was surprised at almost double the grocery store retail. I made freezer jam this morning and agree with others that the lids are a bit awkward. Time will tell if they stay sealed well and function as advertised.
on January 18, 2013
I've had all the sizes of the older twist-off Ball freezer jars (with zero lid cracks, I might add). The lids sometimes stick, and they're so large, it's difficult to get hold of them. These are pry off and push on. Love them. I have the product in my shopping list to get several more.

Now if they'd just come in the 32-ounce size. I have a bunch of the 8-ounce and find I rarely use them.
on January 4, 2013
I've previously used the older style jars (Ball Plastic 8-Ounce Freezer Jars, 5 Pack), and these have much better lids! They require a bit of force to put on correctly, but once on they're very secure. The older style lids never seemed to fit correctly, and they'd come loose over time in the freezer. The fill line is also more obvious now, which I appreciate. Adhering to that line really does make a difference in how well they work. They cost a bit more than the older style, but I think they're worth the difference in price.
on April 16, 2013
We used to use the original Ball freezer cups - with the screw on lids... which were not leak proof. We had to make sure the cups were always upright or we would have a mess in the ice chest or freezer.

The new silicone lids are easy to put on, easy to pull off. They go from the cabinet, to the freezer, and through the dishwasher several times a week and they are still as good as the day I bought them. I have them in both the 8 oz and the 12 oz sizes. Love 'em. Well, now that they have the leak proof lids = )
on April 17, 2016
These new lids are infuriatingly useless! Like many, I grew accustomed to the original design with the screw on/off lid. However, some brainiac decided to discontinue those in the US and replace them with this garbage. I'm not sure how these even passed quality control as the lids have no mechanism for staying on.

Don't waste your money.....you can find the old design under the brand name Berardin (which seems to be sourced out of Canada)

However, I recently tried the Avent milk storage cups which are a few ounces smaller but more than suitable for my needs

on March 1, 2013
We make a lot of stock, and freeze it, and thaw it, and eat it. Pretty much a daily thing. We were using glass jars but it was so disappointing every time one broke while freezing. These are great! We freeze our stock and whatever I need I just run under hot water for a second, pop off the top and dump in the pan. Life made simpler!
on June 8, 2014
During the summer after my normal business day and before I head home, I like to pop downtown to the local swimming pool and eat dinner. These little Jars are great for that purpose. since I cannot bring glass into the pool area, I fill these with whatever I am going to have. (Chicken salad, tuna salad, bring bread, extras and you have a meal. they are also just the right size for a serving of pringle potato chips. (8 oz) also if you want a summer dessert.. put a white or yellow unfrosted cupcake in the jar, add a layer of whip cream, layer of fruit, another cupcake, whip cream fruit. it is a cute cute way to end the day. The only draw back is the price.
on August 7, 2015
These containers are the perfect size for taking soups to work. Also because they are freezer safe I can make large batches, freeze and then just take one out the night before to have lunch ready to go. I had an older version of these with the screw on lids that felt more secure but the lids always cracked across the top. These lids press on and aren't as leak proof, but they don't become damaged in a short time.