Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: Pint|Style Name: Wide Mouth|Change

on May 13, 2010
I use these to store my freshly made juice. Wide mouth jars means I can stick my entire hand and clean out the bottom of the jar.
22 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2011
The title of my review sums it up. They're exactly what you'd expect. Since they haven't exploded, attacked me in my sleep, or formed a cult, there isn't really anything to review past what the picture shows you.

If one of the above events happens, I'll be sure to update my review.
1111 comments|346 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2011
These are typical wide mouth jars. Lids and rings included. fast shipping. arrived in good condition. all sealed perfectly upon use. will buy again. and again... and again.

EDIT: Upon purchasing the Kerr version of the same jar, I have come to the conclusion that these Ball brand jars are inferior if you plan on using sticker type labels. These Ball jars have designs and raised writing around the outside of the glass. This leaves little to no room for a label to sit flat and stick with a good grip. The Kerr jars have a plain side perfect for labeling. The jars are , in essence, of the same quality though. They both work fabulously for canning.
on May 22, 2016
I have begun my jarring and different sizes are needed for different jobs I found these jars wonderful and this is the second set of jars I have bought from this particular company. I like the wide mouth it works for me and makes for easy cleaning the lids can be used several to about 5 times with out having to change them out and thats a plus for me because buying lids are tedious so never boil the lids to long 10 minutes and they will last a long time.
Ball wide mouth pint & half jar
Ideal for preserving jams, jellies sauces, mustard & flavored vinegar
Custom time tested ceiling compound help ensure a quality seal with each lid
New brushed silver design on the outside lid matched kitchen designs
Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, freeze up to 1 year, fresh preserve and store up to 1 year
This was a regular purchase for me and my opinion is solely mine
on August 9, 2011
Two jars arrived broken, and the entire box of them had dented lids on the sides where the threads were.Definitely in less than ideal condition. Customer service was wonderful since it is handled by Amazon, but the product itself was definitely subpar.
on May 26, 2011
Save over 50% and get these from your local grocery store. What a dumb mistake I have made. And there was a broken jar in the bunch.
33 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2011
Was looking forward to receiving some good old 'Made in USA' merchandise. These new wide mouth Ball pint freezer jars are pretty crude. The glass bead below the threads is irregular and may impede use of the Tilia widemouth vacuum sealer. The freezer safe level markings on most of the jars is missing or illegible. Some of the bands were dented and several were cross threaded onto the jars. The only consolation is that the band material is so thin that it bends enough to permit screwing on despite the dents. I would not buy Jarden stock if you paid me. Starting with the blister packaging which makes the jar cartons useless for storing jars, it's apparent that this company is unsuccessfully cutting as many corners as possible to improve profitability. At this rate Ball appears to be destined to the same fate that Griswold and and Wagner suffered after being acquired by Textron.
on May 23, 2016
Great jars! I use them extensively and the price is always great. With Amazon prime, I get them quickly. I had a few jars arrive broken in this shipment and by calling in, they were replaced with no problems. I certainly appreciate that. I highly recommend these jars for more than canning. They are great for crafting as well and it's great to be able to get them year round!
on September 17, 2011
so, i'm not using these to can things. i wouldn't even have the first idea on that. i am using them to make lights for my living room (i know, i may be a little crazy). i can tell you that the metal lids are pretty strong, and that the jars themselves can stand up to some heat. i've now found light bulbs that give off far less heat, which i think will be safer, even though i've read that mason jars can take it.

the project has been kind of crazy, but i've now made six lights out of these jars, and they look pretty decent.
on May 23, 2016
This product was super awesome! Really loved it. Excellent quality with an emphasis on the excellent.

Pros:
Great quality.

Cons:
Wish the price was a bit lower but beggars can't be choosers.