5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic pectin.
Published on December 20, 2012 by Colin Mattson

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Set Well
It actually ruined an entire batch of Grape Jelly. I bought the Ball Pectin and wanted to try it in comparison to the Sure Jell that I usually use faithfully. Sure Jell is a much better product with far better results. I will never use Ball Pectin again. Very disappointed to say the least.
Published 7 months ago by Dolly D

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic pectin., December 20, 2012
Colin Mattson (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ball RealFruitTM Classic Pectin - Flex Batch 4.7 oz. (Kitchen)
Welcome to the future, where our canning supply overlords offer us "flex batch" products. No more fighting with pre-measured packets or tossing package after package in the garbage. One easily-recycled plastic container lets you make batches of jam or jelly ranging from 1 half-pint jar to 10 half-pint jars. You simply measure out as much as you need and screw the lid back on. Why didn't anybody think of this sooner?!

As you might expect from Ball, the RealFruit Classic Pectin works reliably. I've made many batches of jam and had a perfect set every time.

If you're new to canning or just need some easily scalable recipes, Ball's web site offers a pectin calculator provides jam & jelly recipes for this and all their other pectins, from 1 to 10 jars in a batch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pectin, June 25, 2012
This is great stuff. Very good for small or large batches. Nice to have the ability to make just a couple of jars of jam or jelly. Sometimes fruit is in limited supply and expensive. This allows me to make a variety of jams and jellies in small batches to enjoy all year long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual great Ball Quality, October 21, 2012
nekko1 "nekko1" (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Nice change from the old style "boxes" where there was lots of packaging that went into the garbage, eco friendly. Good seal so no problem with pectin becoming clumpy, at least so far.
Screw bottle style also useful when you want to do a smaller batch of fruit towards the end of the season.

Ball is the gold standard in canning supplies, I gave this product a try and was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Ball jam and jelly machine, November 23, 2012
Purchased this pectin when I bought the jam maker. For me, it was a great product as I made a perfect batch of jam and jelly ever time. I have already made a dozen batches of goodies with this.of course,I did measure and follow directions

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, March 12, 2013
I am new to making jam. The instructions were easy to follow, and the jam turned out perfect! Very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jellyioush, March 24, 2013
Having soo much fruit left at the end of the season makes jamming a great choice. Never a question about the consistence of my jams.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pectin!, July 1, 2013
I have the Ball jam and Jelly maker and the recipes recommend using this pectin. I am glad I bought it, it really brings out the flavor of the jams and jellies plus it's great that it's on a jar with a lid. It's $4.99 for a 4.7 ounce jar on the Ball website, I think i'll start ordering from there unless amazon lowers its price.

5.0 out of 5 stars no complaints with this pectin, October 4, 2013
J. Gregg (SW Minnesota) - See all my reviews
I purchased this after trying another major brand, sold in a box. The jam didn't gel properly so I ordered this. Love being able to add just a little extra pectin for a thicker set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pectin, March 14, 2013
Great product. Always works. Hard to find ant pectin product in stores so being able to order on line a must for jam making

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Set Well, May 21, 2014