Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on September 6, 2011
I have tried ALL kinds of work outs and I have never had results like I have had with Ballet Beautiful. I have been taking classes with Mary Helen for 3 years and let me tell you this work out has completely transformed my body. I am petite and curvy ....most other workouts made me bulk up and ballet beautiful has done the opposite. I ONLY do Ballet Beautiful these days and its all that I need.

After having my first baby I was worried that it would be hard to get my body back but in no time Ballet Beautiful got my body not only back, but better then before!

I was so excited when this DVD came out even though sometimes I find it a little difficult to follow along an exercise DVD. This DVD is sooo easy to follow along with....I absolutely LOVE it! its like doing a private session with Mary Helen wherever and whenever you want! Its so easy to follow but gets those hard to get places like your outer/inner thigh etc. and the highest but imaginable! It's easy to follow but you will feel the burn.

I can't say enough how much I love this workout. It's so nice to know that there is something that is out there that actually works where your not wasting your time or money. Do yourself a favor and buy this DVD now! you will not believe the compliments you get. I am sure you will love it as much as I do!!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2011
I found out about this DVD via my Google search for "How to get a dancer's body." Honestly, I wasn't expecting to find anything all that intriguing or anything along the lines of what I was looking for. Much to my surprise, I stumbled upon an article about Mary Helen Bowers training Natalie Portman for Black Swan.... The next thing I knew, I was on Amazon ordering this DVD.

I tried it out, and boy it BURNS! I did not think I would feel completely worked out as much as I did! My favorite workouts are the leg workout, and the bridge workout. I really felt my target areas, as well as my core, working.

I love the fact that there is no music. I just put some classical music on iTunes and am ready to go! I like that I can personalize and choose the music I work out to, rather than being stuck with listening to something cheesy or something that's not my taste.

One thing I will say is that, at first, I felt a little ridiculous doing the second part of the arm exercises. However, DO IT. You will definitely feel the burn in your arms after a bit!

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this workout. I definitely am going to keep, and stick to Mary Helen's DVD. The workouts are effective, and over time, I have no doubt whatsoever that I (along with anyone else who incorporates this DVD into their routine) will see results! I can't wait for her cardio DVD to come out :).

P.S. Try getting some ballet shoes to workout in. Personally, it really helps me feel "like a dancer" and makes me more inspired to workout harder! I hope this review is of some help to you!
on October 7, 2011
I love this workout. The moves are by no means revolutionary; anyone with any dance/pilates/dance workout (a traditional ballet class this isn't) experience will be very familiar with them. But they're classics because they're effective as hell. Mary Helen Bowers is pleasant, non-irritating, doesn't say cutesy/ridiculous things (she is not overly perky, saints be praised), and has a physique that never fails to inspire.

Also, there's NO MUSIC! HOORAY! Even the best soundtrack gets old after a few workouts, and I love that they didn't clutter this with some stupid music.

There isn't an excess of instruction, so do what you can and your form will get better in time.

I would have loved to see a bit more classic ballet instruction in it, but we'll just hope she puts out more videos. Lovely.
on October 23, 2011
I got my DVD quickly and couldn't wait to open it up and get started! Here I am, about a month later and I'm very happy with this workout. I can't say enough good things about this, it's really worked for me.

First, the DVD is set up really well, with each chapter covering a different area of the body. This lets me work out regardless of whether I have 15 mins, or 60 mins. So no excuses ladies!

Second, there is no overhyped music nor distracting background exercisers, just Mary guiding you along. I personally like the simple way this was shot and edited, it feels like Mary is personally training just me. The clean white studio and simple piano music inbetween chapters creates a nice relaxed mood. Why is this important? Well, when I try to work out, I hate that nagging feeling that usually comes with it like, "ugh, I have to seriously move my butt b/c I ate too much yesterday...." etc. But this DVD doesn't feel like a typical gym workout, it feels like a fabulous studio training session with a nice, friendly and encouraging teacher.

Third thing, results!
My body type doesn't happen to lose weight or get fit easily, so I got this thinking maybe it would just be a fun add on to my gym routine, especially for rainy days when I can't be bothered to get to the gym. I read the other reviews and it seems liked everyone else was getting amazing results, so I was curious. Let me assure you, this DVD will get you in shape! After using it once or twice, you will certainly feel fatigue in your muscles, in a good way! I also find the workout to get easier with time, I can get through more repetitions, with less breaks etc, so I'm definitely getting stronger. There are modifications throughout, so I recommend this for people at all levels of fitness.

Overall, I think this is a GREAT workout, it's actually effective without making you sweaty and exhausted (I actually feel awake and energized when I'm done), and it's actually fun and makes you feel like an elegant ballerina.

I haven't yet gotten the Blast Series DVD, I wanted to try this one first. But now I think I'll get that one in another month or so. I hope this helps readers and if you end up buying it, hope you love it as much as I do!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2011
This is a great workout! I have been doing the full 60 minute DVD 2-3 times per week for about 3 months and am getting some serious results. I was already in pretty good shape (I was a dancer for many years and have always exercised religiously), but was just looking for something to kick things up a notch. The other workouts I have been doing for years were of the typical cardio and weights variety and while those have been great for keeping the weight down, I found that I needed something to shape my body a bit more. Well...this is working!! I have those little "dents" on the sides of my butt now, my abs look amazing, my thighs and hamstrings are rock hard, and my arms and back have a lot more definition than before. Definitely am getting the best results I have ever had from a workout DVD and trust me...I have done dozens and dozens of them (Cathe Friedrich, Tae Bo, Jari Love, etc.). I highly recommend this workout - Mary Helen is very elegant and soft-spoken, so it is a very calming, soothing 60 minutes. All that said, the woman will whip you into shape. Try won't be disappointed. One thing to mention is if you are looking for actual ballet instruction, this is not the video for you. Rather, this video is geared towards conditioning, toning, and elongating the muscles to give you the body of a dancer. Aside from the very brief standing portion where she does some exercises like pliés and relevés, there is little to no *actual* ballet in this workout. I knew what I was buying and therefore, was not disappointed by this fact. Love it!!
on May 27, 2012
I took ballet as a child but that was a few decades ago! I do have a ton of barre DVDs though. This really isn't barre, though, but more of a mat workout. I find them complementary though and similar goal at the end.

If you are looking for a fast paced barre DVD, you are probably better off with P57, Booty Barre, etc. But if you want a workout that lets you really focus, this is a good choice. I like to alternate the fast paced, with the slower, more concentrated movements.

For me, I continued to feel the inner thigh workout throughout the rest of the day! That section was very effective for me. I was also surprised how much you can feel that flowing arm work she did. Would be great if you are traveling. I also liked that she reversed the order of the workout compared to most barre DVDs - bridges at the start, arms and standing work at the end.

Overall, I think it was an excellent workout, I really like MHB and I also loved the classical piano music and the setting. I found the time went quickly and found myself counting the reps along with her. I had held off purchasing this DVD as I wasn't sure I would like it, but then the 2-DVD set was discounted so decided to give it a try. I am glad I did.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2011
I love this video. I am 5'2" and 125 lbs and most traditional types of working out results getting bulky/stocky legs. I absolutely loath lunges and squats with weights and gym machines. I originally purchased Mary Helen's Blast series Butt I and II and they are awesome, once you do them a few times you can easily keep up the pace with her. I alternate these with pilates classes I take. This is Mary Helen's personal ballet conditioning regimen, not a traditional ballet class. The video is broken down in the menu so you can do certain chapters on certain days if you so choose, like if you have a legs or arms day. They are very concentrated, 7 minutes for an inner thigh workout like none you have ever had! I like the fact that the setting is serene and minimalist nothing to distract you, she is right there doing these exercises with you , no voice overs.
on August 27, 2011
Just completed the entire workout & absolutely LOVED it! And while I do love ballet, I'm definitely not a workout fiend.

I've been doing 2 of the BB Blasts streaming from the Ballet Beautiful website, both of which are also fantastic (and can be streamed from my iPhone WHEREVER I GO...YES!). The 60-minute DVD is a much more in-depth workout than the 15-minute blasts (duh!), but is organized in a way that specific workouts can be chosen in case you don't have time for a full hour session. Love that.

I popped the DVD in just to check a bit of it out and ended up completing the whole thing! It went by super quick & I feel great. Also, you don't need to be a dancer to do it--but seeing Mary Helen's incredible ballerina body might just inspire you to pick up a pair of toe shoes...!
on October 19, 2011
Ballet Beautiful is the best form of exercise I have found. I am a performer and a mother of two. I have tried everything from pilates, to gym workouts, from running to yoga. Ballet Beautiful is the only thing that has met all my needs while being thoroughly enjoyable. Mary Helen's workouts keep my toned, lean, long and graceful. I did Ballet Beautiful throughout my last pregnancy and was shocked at how quickly my body bounced back. I can't recommend this method enough. Her DVD's are wonderful. I travel with them at all times. They are comprehensive, easy to follow and make you feel wonderful. You need no ballet training to enjoy Ballet Beautiful but as a former dancer, I enjoy the method as well. This workout is for everyone!
on October 20, 2011
I had used the streaming videos from ballet beautiful website prior to buying the DVD( I actually bought it the morning it got released). I absolutely love love love the program.... its simple yet so effective. It has changed the shape of my legs in a big big more jiggly inner thighs for me. My legs feel and look longer and leaner.
I love doing the workout because its focused and its fun and moreover I can see results. The program is divided into different series and parts so its easy to use as you don't have to fast forward.You can actually choose the part you want to workout and get started....Thanks Mary Helen Bowers for making this awesome video and helping people like me feel more beautiful!!!!