4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well enough and isn't too bulky
Published on October 19, 2012 by John F Dennan

3.0 out of 5 stars Had the iPhone 4 version of this case.
Published on September 24, 2012 by Your Future Ex Husband

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well enough and isn't too bulky, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Ballistic SG0926-M005 Screen Guard Casefor iPhone 5 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I spent a lot of time researching cases of the iPhone 5 and settled with ballistic because it looked the most durable, but not too bulky (when comparing with the Griffin Warrior and Otterbox Defender). I definitely think I went with the right choice. I recommend using a screen protector in addition to the case so help guard from screen scratched. This is a CASE and not a SCREEN GUARD like it states in the description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, November 14, 2012
Brian Guth-pasta (Palo Alto, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I was looking for just a nice case without a screen protector. I found it. The Ballistic Screen Guard fit very nicely and didn't cover any of my iPhone 5's screen once it was on. I like the added size personally, it fits better in my hand and the added grip is a plus. The fact that it protects the phone as well is another plus (obviously). All in all exactly what I wanted and at the store this would have cost the full price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent case for the price, November 27, 2012
A little softer than I expected....less plastic to rubber ratio. Great grip and shock resistance. Well put together and good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case for the price, May 25, 2014
Good fit for the iPhone 5s, the button covers all respond well, just like using the buttons without a case. Seems like decent protection with out making the phone too bulky. It honestly makes the phone feel better in my hand than without it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very protective, November 14, 2012
L. Hassan (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This products protect the iPhone 5 very well. Am very happy with the purchase. Will highly recommend it. Thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars Had the iPhone 4 version of this case., September 24, 2012
I like that this case has a nice rubber molding surrounded by a plastic grip that is nonstick on the back. It gives open access to the full face of the phone so don't drop it in gravel or you'll be sorry. I had a screen protector (both front and back film) on my iPhone 4 version for the two years I used it and this thing kept it immaculate. Well, that, and just a little TLC. Never dropped it on anything like cement, just the occasional carpet bounce. Right now I have the Otterbox on my iPhone 5 and it's really really protective, but it's also pretty damn big. I'm sure the Otterbox will protect my phone much better than this but I really thought this was a great case! If you're not a thrasher, than I highly recommend it.

Oh, the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it's unavailable for who knows how long. I'll upgrade later if it comes out soon enough! HA!

UPDATE: I bought this through the Ballistic website for the list price and it's perfect for what I need. Not sure why is says "screen guard" since there is absolutely nothing for the screen included in the package, just like the one for the iPhone 4. What I DID do was go to Best Buy and have them install a Zagg HD to the screen which works perfectly and gives it just a bit more protection. It also has a lifetime warranty and if Best Buy installs it, they will re-intall a new one for free after Zagg sends it to ya. Yeah, the Otterbox was the best in protection, but man was that thing huge! Too big!

UPDATING THE UPDATE 12/13/12: After having this for a couple months, it seems like it is losing its shape. There is no support on the bottom at all so I have been forced to try a Belkin hard case model. Also, this case is pretty big compared to others I've seen. The bumpers on the corners are way too big for this smaller phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, February 25, 2014
Rubber on outside is too flimsy and collects dust/lint. Harder to get out of pocket because of the soft rubber as well.
Used for one week then got a lifeproof nuud. Just wasn't for me

3.0 out of 5 stars Ballistic Iphone 5 case, November 2, 2012
Look this Ballistic case may be less bulky than the next guys case.......
But it's not less Bulky than the Iphone 4 Ballistic case I've had. The Iphone 5 is thinner, yet this case seems thicker than previous models. i love the protection of the Ballistic cases. However, the bulk of this one, takes away from the sleekness of the new phone. It also doesn't go in and out of your pocket easily because of the larger corner bumper stops. I say.......Don't try and change the design, just to make it different! Average marks!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great case at a good price., August 10, 2014
Apples (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
If you NEVER drop your cell phone, you don't need this case, but all us mortals will find it indispensable. It is a tough, strong case that attaches securely to you belt, is easy to attach and remove the phone and is comfortable to wear. The only down side is the screen protector provided makes it difficult to use the touch screen. I use the stick on variety instead.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, July 10, 2014
Good product is thick, needs streamlining.