Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on October 21, 2009
My youngest son loves balloons. I mean, loves them. He'd have me blow up balloons all day long if I could. But after a few tough balloons, the insides of my cheeks feel like I've pulled muscles not to mention all the straining leaves me breathless and with a headache.

So, I bought a little cheap balloon pump with cheap balloons. Broke during the first use of the first balloon.. and both the pump and the balloons went into the trash.

I immediately turned to Amazon and found this balloon pump. It's inexpensive. It pumps air into the balloon on both the pull and the push (not all pumps do this).. So you don't lose air while you are pumping.

The only down side was my anxiousness to use the pump to inflate balloons.. I'd inflate too fast and pop balloons. Now, if I go too fast, my son holds his ears and heads to the other room "just in case".

My husband was blowing up a balloon a couple weeks ago the old fashioned way. The balloon popped (wasn't over-filled, just must have been a weak spot in the balloon) and hit my husband in the eye. For a week afterward, his eye hurt, would water and was very tender. He'll be making use of the balloon pump more often now too.
0Comment69 of 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2010
Bl;owing up balloons went alot easier and faster thanks to this. I gave it a four because it was hard to grip the end in order to keep the balloon mouth on it. (does that make sense). Overall the children loved it, but it was hard for them to do because they had to slide the balloon mouth up for a better grip. After a while the space between my tumb and index fingers began to hurt. But I have not major complaints.
0Comment26 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2013
I purchased 4 pumps. They shipped quickly and arrived quickly. When I opened the box, they were nothing like the pump that was pictured. For $7 each I was expecting a much higher quality doubly action pump. Only 1 of the 4 pumps actually worked, and that was only when I held the cap on while I was pumping. Two of the 4 pumps would push air into the balloon and then allow the air to leak back out. The 4th pump had a broken nozzle and I did not even try it. One of the stickers on the packaging had something about "dollar" stores on it.

Pumps were returned to Amazon and my money was refunded.
0Comment20 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2010
I purchased this item when I had a fundraiser at my church. I blew up balloons and made animals out of them. This pump saved my jaws and breath! I took me a minute to get used to the two-way action, but once I did Oh boy! It is so nice and easy to use; twice as fast as I can do it.
on June 24, 2011
I practically had to teach my childcare kids how to perform CPR because I was passing out from blowing up balloons for them all the time. :) Parents thought I was a glutton for punishment when I started making balloon animals for them. After 1 day, I realized I needed a pump. After 30 minutes of research (yeah, I know, it sounds silly), I decided to buy this one! It's PERFECT! It pumps the balloons up quickly (so go slow), the balloons fit on it perfectly (all shapes and sizes), and it pumps effortlessly (unlike others where your hands hurt). When I ordered another bag of balloons, it came with a cheap orange pump. That one has 2 pieces and always falls apart. I am constantly reassembling it and it only pumps on the push motion. This one outshines them all and is very reasonably priced; in fact, a balloon artist came over and was so impressed by this pump that he bought one himself!
VINE VOICEon July 30, 2010
There's not much to say about a balloon pump. It's definitely the way to go. Not only is it much easier, for the long balloons used for twisting balloon figures, this is the only way to go. Double action means that you can blow them up faster.

The construction does seem pretty flimsy though, and the edges kind of rough, especially the nozzle. I smoothed it using a small file to prevent it from puncturing a balloon.

So far it's been holding up just fine. For the price, I say it's definitely a good purchase.
0Comment18 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2013
I bought this pump and had to super glue it twice in the first 2 weeks. the pump in the picture is not the pump they are selling. I went to a local store and paid a few extra bucks to buy a pump like the one pictured and I love it.
on August 24, 2010
This is an excellent balloon pump and I encourage you to buy it. But it costs only $4.15 at a typical balloon supply store. That is the price today at the website of La Rock's Balloons [...] - and they offer several other double action pumps (inflates the balloon when you push and when you pull). They also offer one very, very tiny single action pump (blows up the balloon only when you push), good for traveling with the thinner 160 balloons. There is a full-size single action pump with a compartment for balloons. We carry this when we travel and spread them as gifts - they cost $3 and we add balloons from our big bags. La Rock also offers good prices on balloons, educational materials including books and DVDs. We have used them for years and can recommend them. But there are many online sources that provide balloon supplies at better prices, especially if you are also ordering big bags of balloons. These make great gifts. We've entertained children on overnight bus trips across China and handed them out on the streets in Guatemala. They are always a hit.
11 comment14 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2010
What's to say. Works well and is durable. Wish it came in blue, but otherwise a good product for the money. Blows the balloons up very fast and is easy to use.
on May 12, 2013
The inflator arrived broken and then fell apart in my hand. Don't buy it. Pay more and get something decent.