Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

67%
33%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 16, 1999
Aicha' was the first song I heard from a station in Boston from this group, after that I was hooked!!! Thank you Amazon .com, It seems that you were the only ones who had it!! So easy just a click away! Every song on this CD I enjoy, especially the first one, "Am Saxxul", Don't ask me what it means but I love it!! Hey Who says learning another language isn't fun!!!!
on October 3, 2013
I actually had this album a few years ago but lost it. this is a fantastic group and
anyone hearing it would love it too. though they sing mostly in their language (Senegalese), it's the music, the rhythms that carry you away. besides, I listen to it so often that I can mimic their words!
on January 16, 2001
I couldn't agree less with Marecandja: I find "Aicha" and "La Vie en Rose" extremely fun to listen to, precisely BECAUSE I already know the originals. That's half the glory in a band like Africando--doing salsa and rhumba versions of familiar tunes, reinterpreting them and showing them in a completely new light. From their originals to their covers, I find Africando's stuff rock-solid, and I have a degree in musical geology.
on July 1, 2010
This group makes great salsa music. In Spanish, in French and in a few African dialects they salsa you away. Every song on every CD just makes you want to keep dancing. Even the ones you aren't to fond of.
on January 28, 2016
Very good.
on January 11, 2000
Well, Africando, the Senegalese Afro-Cuban group make real good salsa music! This album is good as the others. But I don't like the two songs called Aïcha, plus La Vie en Rose. The reason is simple : those are songs made by other singers, and I know their original versions, thus it's a little hard for me when I hear those Afro-Cuban versions!