VINE VOICEon October 1, 2012
Color: SilverStyle: PocketVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is by far the best stylus I own. Here's what I think:

Pros:
Customizable (the box includes two point sizes, as well as these little colored rings so you can "personalize" your stylus).
Extendable (it shortens so it can actually fit in your pocket)
Metal body
Actually feels like holding a pen
Pocket clip

Cons:
Skips a bit. (I have an Otterbox case, so the plastic overlay might be the issue here.)
The metal cap that covers the pointing tip doesn't fit securely on the other end of the stylus (like a pen cap)-- so you either use the headphone jack attachment, or just risk losing the cap altogether.
The headphone jack attachment (which is supposed attach the stylus to the device via its cap)

There's also no pen -- it's just a stylus. Initially, I thought that what I wanted was just a stylus, but after using several pen/stylus combo models, I found that I actually miss having the pen.

In all, the stylus is pretty great for drawing on a tablet, and that's primarily how I use it. Any other activity, however, is often more convenient to complete without this extra little gadget. The cap not fitting on the the opposite end of the stylus is probably my biggest complaint design-wise... so, while the pocket clip is great, I'd actually sacrifice that if I didn't have to worry about losing the cap all the time. I don't use the headphone jack attachment: not only does my Otterbox case not permit that conveniently, but what if I am actually using the headphones? Plus, who wants a haphazardly dangling stylus? ;-)
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 6, 2013
I paid the money for this thinking it would be better somehow than the countless other options available on amazon. This stylus is nothing special and I was disappointed to find that the stylus expands to the finished height in the picture and does not lock in place, causing it to get shorter if you apply pressure to it the wrong way. Save your cash and buy the amazon stylus.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 2, 2012
I got this just about as soon as I got my iPad "3", mostly to use for handwritten notes. Because I am interested in being able to write rather "finely" in order to get as much handwriting as possible on a page, as clear as possible, I am perhaps a bit more picky about styluses (styli?) than some. What I did like about this one:

-the weight is nice
-the availablity of colors
-the pen "clip" style top, that clipped nicely to my case.

What I didn't like:
It was no better than the kuel stylus I'd bought and, until a few days ago, had lost. And that was a fraction of the price. It was actually less precise for fine-line writing; only marginally better than using my finger.

I exchanged it for the impressive and comparably priced "pogo sketch pro", which is longer and easier to hold, comes with two kinds of tips (plus, tips are replaceable!), and writes impeccably/slides over the screen perfectly. I found out about the pogo through the app "Penultimate", which gives you a discount code if you purchase through them. (Click around to the "things we like".)

I actually like the Wacom "Bamboo Paper" app much better for handwritten notes though- it allows you to select a thinner stroke (line) than the others, and that makes a huge difference, even if it doesn't offer the protection against marks made by your wrist bumping the page, like Penultimate does.
Maybe Penultimate will read this and add some thinner stroke weights.

Anyway, I'd bypass this one for the Pogo Sketch Pro.
on January 19, 2014
(review by NJCelt my husband)
I have owned one type of Wacom digitizer tablet or another since my Toshiba XP Tablet Edition, tablet in 2000. That said I have used many types of stylus. (Is the plural Styli? jk) there have been many attempts at making what l consider to be the best stylus.
These newer types that work on both digitizer and capacitive screens, are obviously in the forefront of the technology. However not all of these are the BAMBOO Expandable pocket stylus.
This is fluidity in motion. It can write a fine line or a broad stroke.It can even feather nicely(yes the reviewer with the Otterbox was right in[well mostly right, he should have assigned full blame] assigning partial blame to the plastic screen protector for interference. It even states this in the mini manual that comes with it.
If you have gorilla glass or gorilla glass ll forget about a screen protector(unless you are the type to toss diamonds in your pocket with your smartphone, or tablet.) I have not been able to purposefully scratch my devices starting with my Dell Streak 5(the first Phablet) and ending with the Samsung Note ll, from which l write this review.
Most stylus are not balanced making them inferior right off. Let's face it, balance is key to making an effective stylus. Next is weight. Third is fluidity.
This particular BAMBOO model has all three in spades.
Even with the extendible upper part closed down, the balance of this is incredible. I'm in IT so l know technology. Could they have built a pen into this, yes, amd I'm sure there would be a market for that model, just not from me. I used to create 3D models back in the late 90's. I enjoyed the process, and even started skinning(creating the outside image.) l didn't discover l had artistic talent in painting until l started playing with an app that came with my Toshiba. That started me off creating digital watercolors and oils, as well as charcoal sketches. There are many ways you can hold this stylus, when using those apps to get the effect, edge, blur, depth, etc.
To correct another mistake. There is a replacement tip for the future inside the box. It is the exact same size as the tip which comes on your BAMBOO(what you're still reading, and haven't checked out yet) stylus. However they sell sets of three nibs(their name, not mine) when you finally get to the time when you've worn the two that come with, out. It takes some time. Also there are three sets of color rings(silver comes installed, blue and red are inside the package) This homes in handy if you want to change the look of your BAMBOO, or say you've bought a few and don't want them getting confused (after all everyone utilizes their own pressure, and holds their BAMBOO differently. This causes each to personalize to that operators particular uniqueness.)
Pros:
Balanced
Weight
Fluidity
Durable
Adjustable
3 sets of colored rings to personalize your bamboo

Cons:
Lanyard on Cap (this might cause absent minded folk to leave their Bamboo stylus behind) Personally jthis isn't a con for me because I always put the cap back on everything!
I actually cut a ¼" slit in the suede on the left edge of the flip cover protective case with magnetic fold over lock(not a lock but the magnet holds it shut.) the top end with the clip fits in the slot so the stylus isn't loosely banging around.
on June 1, 2013
I really liked the pen's sleek design. I have a little fold case on my iPad so it's very convenient as I can just slip it on and off as needed. The rubber was too loose for me so I twisted off the little metal part, cut out a small eraser from a led pencil, took off the little rubber, fit a little part of the eraser in the rubber, stuck it back on, and wahh-lahh! This made the rubber part much more sturdier. I no longer needed to apply to extra pressure to type or draw!
on February 25, 2013
Works like a charm. I would buy another if needed. I would surely recommend to anyone that should ask me.
on June 13, 2013
While I just got this stylus today, I already love it!

I read somewhere that someone used a tiny piece of soft sponge inside the nib to decrease the 'mushy' feel. I did this and it is perfect! My Kindle Fire responds faster than ever!

I am glad that you can get replacement nibs for this stylus. After having spent fifteen dollars on a Targus stylus from Staples and needing a new one in only a few months, I knew I needed something better. I belive this is it! Paying a few bucks for new nibs is much better than an entire new stylus every time. The soft feel of the stick is also nice, it gives this stylus a good feel in your hand.

For now I am giving the Bamboo stylus a full five stars!
on March 3, 2013
First I bought a black bamboo ipad stylus for a Christmas present this past year from amazon and about 3 weeks ago I bought the pink colored bamboo stylus and I received that order fairly quickly and nothing was wrong with the stylus. Then I decided I would buy a blue colored stylus for my son which I received 2 days later. The blue stylus that I received had excess glue on the outside and was put together poorly. And it also had a dent at the top. The color was not the same blue as it says on the description. Do not buy from the seller named Jacobevenseller the stylus he sells are FAKE!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 25, 2013
Good grip, the nib works perfectly. It's my second only because I misplaced the first. And almost a year later the first one still worked perfectly on the screen of the iPad. Other stylus begin to stick after a few weeks
on December 4, 2013
I was very excited to get this product and bought it at a lightning deal price for much cheaper than the original price. I have a few problems with the mini stylus though. For one the fact that it extends is kind of a problem because when I am writing, the stalk wants to slide down into the barrel eventually causing the clip to hit against my fingers. The little cap that comes with it is cool, but not very practical for carrying around attached to the iPad. it swings around a lot and I am afraid that I am going to lose the stylus. The weight is very good however. It doesn't feel flimsy or like it is going to fall apart.

All in all, I wish I would have spent a little more money and gotten the full sized one in the beginning, but I am glad I got this one on sale.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations