Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 17, 2012
I'll start with the positives. The stylus felt great in my hand. It had a heft to it that was great for drawing. The design was sleek and felt very refined and thought out. The tip (nib) is smaller than any other stylus that I have seen. It had promise to be a great stylus, but on my new iPad (aka ipad3), the Bamboo was not responsive and missed almost every short light stroke when drawing. I sent it back. I realized that the Griffin stylus I purchased for less than half of the cost of the Bamboo seriously was twice as good. I do not recommend this stylus if you are drawing/sketching.
on July 11, 2013
The single star rating is to attract potential buyers to beware of this seller... when I have an actual Wacom, I'll rate accordingly. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I ordered a Wacom Bamboo Solo stylus pen (CS100W) direct from 'at-the-time' Amazon, only to find with the confirmation that the order had been changed and actually placed with a newcomer DEALS4SHARE that had absolutely NO history. I do not buy from nonAmazon sellers with less than a 97%/12 month rating. It was too late to cancel as the order was already shipping. I checked Amazon and YouTube for counterfeit issues and sure enough that is exactly what I got from DEALS4SHARE today!!! This CS100W Solo actually has a black roller-ball pen under the cap like the Duo model, though unlike the Duo the cap doesn't also fit over the nib end. Kind of a cross between a Solo/Duo model in outward appearance. I also ordered the 'suggested' Wacom standard/firm nibs at the same time, they were shipped separately from Amazon and they DO NOT fit this knock-off stylus. Several other issues are present after taking the pen apart.

See my photos, oh wait, Amazon deleted all customer photos... :/

Btw, this stylus is not very responsive and requires additional vertical pressure to engage.

UPDATE 7-18-13: I contacted Wacom and provided photos and receipt. They confirmed this stylus is a fake and suggested I return it.
review image review image review image review image
on March 28, 2013
I own a Bamboo stylus by Wacom (bought at a best buy store) which I've used on my iPad for over a year now. I still have the original (soft) nib and it works well--very smooth and responsive. I decided to buy another one in white here on Amazon. Unfortunately the one I received from seller "yellow tape on sale" was a fake Wacom product. Same box and a good copy, but upon closer inspection it did not feel, look or perform the same as my first one. Called Wacom & described it and they confirmed that their product has been cloned on Amazon. Logo was faded, edges on metal were sharp and it was shiny not matte. Could barely get it to slide on my iPad. Very sticky and unresponsive. Returned it and notified amazon customer service.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 22, 2013
Shipping was fast but I'm really unhappy about the product.

This is a fake bamboo stylus, it doesn't work very well at all with my iPad, it came chipped and scratched and just over all poor quality.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Wacom regrets to inform you that we have discovered counterfeit stylus products within the Amazon reseller marketplace, resulting in poor results when using the stylus. These issues range from the cap falling off, nibs wearing or detaching, and paint chips. Virtually every negative review posted on the Bamboo Stylus within the Amazon marketplace has revealed that a counterfeit stylus was the culprit. We are working with Amazon and committed to rectifying the problem. Please return any such product to Amazon.com for a refund. Wacom is the leader in pen technology, and is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in our premium branded products. Thank you for your interest!
on December 4, 2012
I use the Bamboo CS100W stylus with my iPad, which replaces an Amazon stylus that I had previously purchased and used. I had bought the Amazon model mostly because of its price, but I think this Bamboo stylus is definitely worth the up-charge. First, it has a much better tip--both smaller and more responsive than the Amazon stylus. Secondly, the soft-touch barrel is much nicer to hold, and its length makes it much easier to hold for long periods. Third, I like that you can buy replacement tips if need be. Since I use to draw up concepts for my engineering job or to doodle in Paper on the iPad, all three of these things are pretty important to me.
on July 24, 2014
I have trouble with my fingers not registering on the new smart technology. Even have the same problem with my appliances, so it is me not them. I find this stylus very helpful as it is easy to use and place it on the icons to move the screen to where I want to go. Also a bonus of not leaving fingerprints on the screen. The tips last a long time and are replaceable. It is well made and has a nice feel in the hand. It is the best of many I looked and much nicer quality then some I have purchased. Would highly recommend if you are interested in a stylus. These are great.
on March 9, 2014
I thought the Duo was the only counterfeit I received, but when this gift came back to me, I determined that it was a forgery, too. No wonder the recipient didn't like using it. Now that Wacom has a new generation of stylii, these are going to be hard to find, and frankly with all the counterfeits out there, I wouldn't recommend anyone try to get one.

Instead, look for the Wacom Bamboo Alpha Stylus for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch/Kindle, White (CS130W).
review image
on April 12, 2013
I love this. I bought the firm nibs and have found that they suit my writing style much better. The weight is nice. I wish it was a tad longer, but it's by no means a deal breaker.

The stylus has a silicone coating on the outside, which seems to attract dyes and dust like no other. I'd recommend, if you plan to keep this in a pocket or otherwise, considering a darker color stylus. Mine is kind of a purplish gray from the inside of my Ipad pocket. Otherwise, a great investment, as you can sometimes get pretty good deals on the nibs and won't have to replace your stylus ever again.

OH, and the clip is removable, for those of us who need the extra room when writing! (It got in my way)
on October 31, 2013
We needed an additional stylus, we have a black bamboo one as well. And after having the black one for a while, we have also accumulated a few of the spare nib (tip) replacements. When our white one was in need of changing, I found that the nibs used are different. I don't know what kind it uses, but when I go online to order more nibs, they send me tips compatible with the black stylus. I would stay away from the white stylus as I would not know what nibs to replace it with. What a bummer.

If the nibs were replaceable, I would have loved it. It was a great stylus, and I loved the color.
on October 3, 2013
It's a great little stylus. The tip that comes with this is a bit soft so I bought a firmer replacement. Works great and barely left any smudges on my tablet screen. Construction is great but after some use... minor problems: the coating on the white part of the stylus is starting to peel off already after about a month or two of use, and the silver tip portion that twists into the white part of the stylus is starting to creak a bit when the rubber tip touch/press the screen.