Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on September 17, 2010
You may be thinking what I originally was thinking - could someone explain to me why there'd be bamboo tongs in the kitchen items? That was before my family decided they would eat English muffins on an almost daily basis.

The first time you see your child (or hubby!) trying to fish their muffin out of the toaster with a fork - with the toaster still plugged in - it'll hit you...oh yeah - toast tongs keep your family from getting electrocuted! Even once I got everyone conditioned to NOT fishing anything out while the toaster was plugged in, they were usually too lazy to unplug and plug back in - so they'd bounce the lever and try to 'catch' the muffin. Over and over. And over, and over.

My husband, whose newest food addition is Ego waffles and pancakes, was actually the worst.

So back to the tongs. I didn't give them 5 stars because they're just wooden tongs. But they definitely do the job they were intented to do. No fear of electrocution. No bouncing. No flinging of crumbs during the bouncing. Just easily removing items from toaster without burning fingers. Simple.
on June 28, 2013
but they really aren't. That is, the inside surface which grabs the toast is squared off, the outside surface has been "beveled" to look rounded. Unfortunately, the bamboo is too thick to fit between the sides of the toast, and the inside of the toaster. So for right now, we are using them as a "pry bar" to lever the toast up so it can be grabbed by hand. Long term, I will see if sanding the bamboo will make it thin enough to clasp the toast, without being so thin it breaks. Will try to post an update, if I remember.
on December 25, 2011
We needed something to pull the toasted bread and bagels out of the toaster (we have a larger, undercabinet mount toaster) so the kids would stop burning their fingers. These, though little bit on the big/long side, work great. Kids can use them to pull the toast out, not burn their fingers or pull the toast out on to the counter making a mess because it's hot.
on May 26, 2011
Yes, we do use these for toast now and again, and they are great for that. But their main use came as a dexterity toy for my toddler. He loves using them to collect things (usually edamame) into a bowl.
on January 17, 2012
I can't think of anything negative to say about these tongs. They work well, are far superior to other methods of retrieving toast from the toaster (fingers, butter knife, etc.), they're compact and inexpensive. I'm sure there are lots of other uses for them too. Good thing to have on hand in any kitchen.
on January 17, 2016
I bought different sizes of these here on Amazon to use in my art studio when picking up gold leaf. They work great because they are wood; they are anti-static.

I am very pleased with all of them I bought. I like these best because they are longer and a little more flexible.

As I have not used them with toast; I can not attest to how well they would do for that; but-

They are open large enough for a bagel or toast or something smaller
Because they are longer they are easier to handle and a bit more flexible
They clean up easily with soap and water
on May 16, 2014
Since a friend came home from work and found his wife dead on the kitchen floor from, presumably, being electrocuted while using a metal fork to get toast from a toaster, I have always used wooden toast tongs. But the tongs sent me are too thick for that purpose. Moreover, one arm is longer than the other and they don't meet properly. I can probably soak apart the joint and reglue it properly and sand down the arms to make them thinner so that it will work for toast. But if you are not an addicted DIYer with a wood shop in his garage you might prefer to order something else.
on March 26, 2015
I bought this because my daughter (3 years old) likes being in charge of the toast when we make breakfast together on weekends (she stands on the Guidecraft brand "kitchen helper" sold here on amazon.com). For safety reasons, I like to keep the toaster against the back splash and these long toaster tongs allow her to insert bread into the toaster then retrieve it safely and easily when it's done. It's fairly easy for her to use and as long as it's used as intended, it should last a really long time.
on January 28, 2013
Bought a bunch of these as add on items. Priced under two dollars each, the utility of these tongs is really great for flipping stuff like shrimp on the BBQ or dipping chicken wings in hot sauce. I have tongs I spent a lot more for that don't do the same things well. I even shaped one into chop sticks. These are great.
on March 19, 2014
I needed something to take toast out of the toaster and I got a lecture from my mother (an yes I am a bit old to still get this kind of attention)when I used a fork to get the toast out. So I order this product. I can get the toast out without a lecture on how Reddy Kilowatt will get me (for those old enough to remember Reddy) or without burning my fingers. That is good and helps keep my life on an even keel. Life is quiet and less painful so what could be better?