5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
Published on January 26, 2012 by Original Larkin

1.0 out of 5 stars Never ever buy this kit!
I bought this Sushi Rolling Kit a short time ago.

Cannot believe all these good reviews (maybe they're fakes?).

The bamboo is in such a bad condition that you're able to look through the wholes bugs made.
Published on October 25, 2012 by Miri

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 26, 2012
I ordered the two green mats but it's great that you can choose what mat combination you want. The natural mats are made of rounded bamboo and typically used to make round sushi rolls. With the green mats they are flat on one size and rounded on the other, allowing you to make either rounded or square rolls fairly easily. I've used both and my preference is the green mats but if you're not sure which you like you can order the pack with one natural and one green mat to see what you prefer.

The included rice paddle is just ok, it is a great addition if you don't have a rice paddle and usually use a metal spoon for rice, but I found that rice still sticks to it. If you're looking for a better rice paddle I would recommend Joyce Chen 30-0031 Nonstick 7-5/8-Inch Rice Paddle, White - it's very affordable, dishwasher safe, and rice doesn't stick to it at all. Overall, for the price I am extremely happy with the quality of this kit and would highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, March 26, 2012
Brian Jayne (WARREN, PENNSYLVANIA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BambooMN Brand - Sushi Rolling Kit - 2x rolling mats, 1x rice paddle, 1x spreader - natural (Kitchen)
I started making sushi several years ago when I moved from NYC to the back-end of nowhere. I tried lots of DIY substitutions, since I couldn't believe I'd really need a little mat made of tied-together sticks, but I finally broke down. For decent sushi, the right tool for the job turns out to be... a little mat made of tied-together sticks.

These are lovely little sushi mats, nicely finished sticks with just the right amount of play when folding. The string ends aren't perfectly finished in every case, so keep an eye on them in case they start unraveling, and retie them if they do. I'm not the sort of sushi maker that would use the included spatula - I prefer a square tool in an application of this sort. So I can't comment on that. But I love the mats... good price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong!, May 22, 2013
I've had this product for almost a year probably and I still love it and use it weekly! I wrap the mat in saran wrap and then roll my sushi and voila, easy clean up! I saw a similar kit at a department store for $30!! What a rip-off! this totally gets the job done and even if it does break, I'd rather just get another one of these cheap ones than to pay so much for a department store one! the only thing i'd say is that the mats are just about the size of my seaweed paper so sometimes things fall out the edges if I over stuff the roll. It's pretty rare and I've gotten good at estimating the amount of filling I need but it's just something to keep in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-crafted mat, really nice!, January 28, 2013
Length:: 1:45 Mins

Really nice mat!
I'm a beginner when it comes to making sushi, so I primarily still use my starter kit (Sushiquik Sushi Complete Training Sushi Kit Including Roll Cutter Rice Paddle and Training Frame , but I purchased this bamboo mat for when I "graduate" to more advance sushi making, and it was definitely the right choice! Very well made mat, the bamboo is well-carved and neatly sewn together. Very nice! (and 2 come in the pack).

5.0 out of 5 stars Its worth it, November 28, 2013
Well i see a lot of reviews calling this cheap, or crappy. Its all you need to make a sushi, if you cant make it with this one, its because you suck at making sushi, thats all. For the price paid, i got all i expected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never ever buy this kit!, October 25, 2012
I bought this Sushi Rolling Kit a short time ago.

Cannot believe all these good reviews (maybe they're fakes?).

But there's more to it than that: I was wondering about a dark "spot" on the edge of one of the 2 mats. And what shall I say? It was a bug!!!!! ... alive!!! ... eating through the bamboo.

This is just disgusting and I'd like to be able to trust in products they're made to prepare food!

As soon as I found out how to insert pictures, I will do it to show the perforated bamboo and the bug!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for date night, June 5, 2012
I would seriously suggest covering these in saran wrap to make the cleaning easy. The interactive sushi-dinner was a great date idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made kit, December 19, 2011
This is a very well made and cheap kit. I got this and a sushi cook book for a coworker as a secret santa gift and it was a hit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set, April 7, 2014
My husband and I have used these multiple times without any trouble. I did however put them in a gallon plastic bag to help with ease of cleaning all the sticky rice off.

3.0 out of 5 stars One Good One Bad, April 9, 2014
Why only three stars? Well... one of the mats is five star quality (the flat mat) and the other is one star quality.