4.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer service
I had some issues with these pads at first. After only having them for a month, a pair of them molded! I contacted the company to complain and they replied within 2 hours to my email and offered to either refund me or send me another set to try. The trick is that they MUST be dried in the dryer. (I was letting them air dry flat). I am giving them another try.
Published on November 22, 2011 by sn25

3.0 out of 5 stars Can get just as good ones for less $
I bought these after reading a lot of reviews that seemed like most people thought these were worth the extra money compared to the many other nursing pad options. Another reviewer had mentioned they also liked the FuzziBunz nursing pads, which are almost 1/2 the price of these, so I decided to try both kinds.

The Bamboobies are definitely thinner and more...
Published 9 months ago by Emily W

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer service, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Bamboobies Super-soft Washable Nursing Pads - All Pale Pink (Baby Product)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as good as Charlie Banana pads, April 21, 2012
Great nursing pads, but needed to be changed every feeding. I personally like my Charlie Banana nursing pads better because of the stay-dry lining. Here's my comparison

Bamboobies- Regular

Cold-- Although the website says that bamboo doesn't get cold when wet, I'm not sure what they mean. Sure, it doesn't feel cold when you're wearing it when it's warmed by your body. But if the pad is wet at all, you can't put it back after a feeding only you really enjoy icy, wet cloth against your nipples. This meant I needed a new pair almost every feeding since I tend to leak a bit on the non-feeding side. With a 6-week old--I would need almost 10 pairs every day, and bamboobies are way too expensive to afford, 20 of them, if I want to do laundry every other day

Fit-- fantastic, ultra thin pads, don't bunch at all! I would get a set of bamboobies to wear with tight shirts, since the fit really is awesome

Absorbency-- although super thin they don't leak at all. Even when I had a particularly strong let-down the moisture wicked all the way down the pad but it didn't wick onto my bra. Awesome!

Price- Expensive

Charlie Banana

Stay-dry material--I love that I can wear one pair through several feedings. I don't have to have a new set to avoid a cold, wet thing against my breasts. These pads make reuseable nursing pads viable for me since I only need a few pairs a day, versus, at least 6 pairs with the bamboobies.

Thoroughly absorbent-- No leaks ever, although I've never had leaks with any of the pads I've tried. However, I do think these pads need to be kind of tight against the breast to do their job, but seeing as you have to be wearing a bra to keep nursing pads in place anyway it doesn't really matter. I think the stay-dry material just take up wetness a bit slower since it wicks moisture through the layer, but it doesn't affect the performance. I never felt wet well wearing them, I just noticed that some milk had beaded up on one before being absorbed when I had leaked on it as it sat on my lap.

Size-- it's huge. Probably too big really, it sticks out a bit from the edge of my bra, but unless your sporting some seriously plunging necklines it shouldn't bother you. About the same diameter as the overnight bamboobies, but definitely not as thick

Fit-- Flat circle bunches up at bit along the edges when i'm wearing my light cotton sleep bra, but not enough to be seen through my shirt, and doesn't show at all under my padded nursing bra. I think if they made it slightly smaller, and gave it some kind of petals like the lobes on the bamboobies hearts, this would be the perfect nursing bra.

Price-- $16 for three pairs

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife's Review of Bamboobies Nursing Pads :), August 29, 2013
Hello, this is the wife (used my husband's account to order these).

So, SO glad someone told me about these nursing pads! I am exclusively breastfeeding my first baby and I discovered that I am pretty allergic to disposable nursing pads (I tried a few types). I asked my friend if she could recommend any washable nursing pads, and she told me about Bamboobies. I ordered a set, and was immediately glad I did! Within 5 days my pretty extensive rash had completely healed. That alone made me a satisfied customer. The fact that they are super soft and pretty is just a bonus.:) Wearing nursing pads every day went from a drudgery (crunchiness, showing through clothes, etc.) to a luxury. They're so soft they actually feel GOOD. Happy girl.:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best nursing pads!, May 23, 2011
I never would have thought I would spend this much money on nursing pads, but these are WORTH IT! The paper disposable nursing pads were so itchy and uncomfortable on my sensitive nipples (and I had the ones that were "extra soft for sore nipples"!). But it isn't an option to not wear pads because I am a heavy leaker right now. So I gave these a try and am so thankful I did.

One pair of the daytime pads last me all day (on most days). I am shocked at how absorbent they are for being so thin. The overnights are quite thick--I can't imagine anyone being able to soak through those! Best of all, for me, they are wonderfully comfortable. They feel soft and luxurious, and they never bunch up or slip. They wash and dry well.

Another great thing about Bamboobies is the customer service. I had a question about whether or not I could use my nipple butter (Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter - 2 oz.--get some of this if you have sore nipples!!) with the pads, so I emailed. My email was helpfully answered within one business day. (And yes, you can use the nipple butter.) Can't recommend these enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reusable is good when you're throwing out diapers right & left, September 6, 2011
Conundrum (Iowa City, IA) - See all my reviews
I'm very happy with this product, especially since I need to wear breast pads for work and sleep. These are very comfortable and soft, and they stay in place for the most part. I will note that they are MUCH softer when you put them in the drier, rather than just letting them hang dry after washing. And the night-time pads take a LONG time to dry without being able to use high heat, but they are still totally worth it. I've only had one incident (been using them for about 6 weeks now) where the pad was soaked and my bra was also damp, but I probably should have pumped in that time so can't really blame the pads...

4.0 out of 5 stars extremely soft, but not absorbent enough., February 3, 2011
Pros: absolutely the softest breast pads out there. Comfortable even when wet.

Cons: I guess I leak more than average, but these only last a couple hours for me before I have to change them. Also, the overnight ones stick to my nipples and leave fuzz behind when I pull them off. I don't have that problem with the daytime ones.

Overall: a great product for women who don't leak as much as I do. For me, even disposable pads get saturated during the night, and those things hold a ton of liquid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can get just as good ones for less $, April 10, 2014
Emily W (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews

The Bamboobies are definitely thinner and more discrete, but I have to change them several times a day even when I am feeding or pumping regularly. I think I probably have heavier than average leakage, but I wasn't sure about that when I bought the nursing pads -- I was soaking the disposable pads about 4 times a day. Once the Bamboobies get wet, they also get cold and smelly. They have a velour inner lining which is soft but just doesn't seem to absorb much.

The FuzziBunz, on the other hand, are quite a bit thicker and are almost as large as the Bamboobies overnight pads. They are made out of a softer fleecier material and I find that they absorb more without getting smelly. I can wear the same pair of FuzziBunz all day, and putting them back on once they're a little bit wet isn't the nipple-freezing experience of the Bamboobies. FuzziBunz are definitely more obvious and will make your boobs look even bigger than they already do, but I am more than happy to trade that for longer wear and less hassle!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not absorbent and bad shape, January 18, 2013
First of all, the shape is silly. Having the heart cutout means that the actual area to cover your nipple is smaller, so they seemed to move and come off the nipple while I was wearing them. Also, they don't lay flat at all, so they show through clothes if you're not wearing a thick enough bra. But the bigger problem is that they are not nearly absorbent enough. If you only leak a tiny bit, these might be okay, but I would totally soak them within the first two nursings and it's just not practical to have enough pairs to change that frequently. I didn't leak through the disposable kind. This brand makes a thicker version which is better, but still would soak through eventually. In addition, even if you don't leak too much, they don't draw the moisture away from your skin, so you have a wet cloth on you all day, which is HORRIBLE for sore nipples. They just don't allow you to dry out at all. I would imagine that also would be bad for mastitis as well. My favorite disposable is the lansinoh brand - try those instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars soft and seamless, February 19, 2012
Jennifer (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
wash them first- very linty -was worried, but after 1 wash they are perfect...no special wash or dry temp needed- despite their instructions to do so. flawlessly soft and smooth in the bra too- so no lumpy look!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 13, 2011
I absolutely love these! They are soft, absorbant, and save me money. However, I would recommend buying the package that has three pair of overnight ones so you don't have to wash them every single day. That's what I ended up doing.