Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

• Customer Reviews

on October 2, 2012
I purchased a cheaper Black & Decker brand immersion blender several years ago, and the frame cracked after just a few uses. When I decided to buy a new one, I researched many online ratings and reviews to help determine which brand is best, and Bamix always came to the forefront. It is pricey, but you get what you pay for in it's superior engineering.. quality design and exceptional performance. The first time I turned it on, I was very impressed by how quiet and powerful it is. I love using it, and cleanup is easy.
33 comments30 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2008
Emeril Lagasse calls this type of device a "Boat Motor". I think with the right attachment, the Bamix could be one.

It has tremendous power, does not bog down in the thickest of sauces. Mashed potatoes with the "mincer" blade are a dream. I have owned my Bamix for 20 years and will not hesitate to order a new one. Mine has disconnected inside at the card the wires from the switch attach to. I am going to fix it and keep it as a spare. The new ones have button and pulse type switches, a much better design. Mine has a rocker type of switch, and it is understandable that it has failed under many years of hard use. Still, a simple fix. I hit the shaft against a counter top edge many years ago and the Bamix began to rattle and vibe just a bit. However, it has continued to perform perfectly.

I have seen other reviews that say the Bamix are the best of all hand blenders. I have not tried any others. When we ordered ours, I had not seen a device of this type, and once I had mine, I had no desire to try any other. This machine is absolutely remarkable. It has far more uses than the booklet describes. I hope the video opens up new users to its many possibilities. It has taken many of our favorite recipes and made them so much simpler and quicker. Additionally, we have discovered a new world of foods and accompaniment.

From the pictures, it appears the new grinder accessory is larger than the one we have. Ours is so small it is almost useless. It does do a fair job of milling seeds, coffee, chocolate, etc. However, I doubt I will pay extra for that accessory. It appears the only difference between the "mono" model and the "deluxe" is the addition of the grinder. We have two or three other grinders/mills that work fine and have sufficient capacity. I think for the difference in price, a separate grinder/mill can be purchased that would be of better value.

I do not or ever have owned any item of any sort that I could recommend as much as I do the Bamix. Remember, it has no guards on the bottom and is very powerful. I am always sure it is unplugged when I attach an accessory blade. The "mincer" blade is very well named!

If you choose one, use your imagination, and let it go to work. I think you will be amazed and very pleased.
11 comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2009
I asked my husband for a wand-type blender for Christmas. He is an aerospace engineer. He loves tools and knows how to pick 'em. He researched all the models on the market and picked this one. I could not be happier. I thought I wanted a cordless, but he convinced me the cordless models do not have enough power -- plus you have to keep it plugged in. I can keep this baby tucked in a drawer, ready to go. I originally wanted a wand blender to make creamed soups right in the kettle (before I pureed my soups in my upright blender--what a mess). The Bamix works like a dream on soups, and the cleanup is so easy. I've also discovered how simple it is to make smoothies. Don't overload with ice cubes; just add them one at a time, and it works great. I have small hands, but the Bamix is very easy to handle, ergonomically pleasing. One cauton: With the on-off buttons right in the grip, unplugging the unit before you change blades is a must.
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2012
The Bamix hand mixer is truly the best. It's solid construction and smooth operation, combined with the ergonomic grip make it a pleasure to use. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Absolutely! You get what you pay for.
11 comment18 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2009
There is not a lot to add to what has already been said so I will simply itemize pros and cons.

PROS
Excellent materials and build quality. In fact, built like a tank.
Shaft rather than cable driven.
The most powerful stick blender of its size.
Very easily cleaned by just running it under soapy water.
Four small "legs" are much less bothersome than a circular guard around the blades.
The cream whipper actually works (to my delighted amazement)
The wall bracket is more substantial than other brands.

CONS
More expensive than most if not all of the competition.
The "grain mill" attachment doesn't work well for me though others like it. A blade coffee grinder is a better choice for small quantities.
The wall bracket was not designed for cord storage and thus is almost useless, for me at least.

CAUTION
All stick blenders are dangerous kitchen tools. With the extremely high speed of even the cheapest models, they can slice the end off a finger in a fraction of a second. Small children should not use a stick blender at all and older children only with careful supervision.

CONCLUSION
This is the best. Period. You can play less but you will get less.
0Comment23 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2009
This is an excellent stick blender. I bought it because the previous one my girlfriend was using broke (Cuisinart); and as she used it all the time, I wanted to get something very reliable and high quality.

I chose this stick blender because I read reviews that said they still had their Bamix from the 1970s, which is impressive.

The quality of construction is very high, professional grade stuff. It feels like it could last 40+ years so I believe the reviews I had read. The motor is relatively quiet and very strong. It comes with three different blade/mixer/whipping attachments that attach in a very solid way. We have used it so far to make soups, shakes, and whipped cream; all of which it does excellently. The blender is on the heavy side, but not too heavy, the "this is serious business" kind of heavy. There are two buttons, one for each speed, low and high. Pressing both just does high speed (not turbo speed as I had momentarily hoped). The body is high-quality white plastic, and the business end is stainless steel.

The blender also comes with a wall-mount (and hardware to attach to said wall) to hold the blender and blades when not in use. I wish it also held the cord somehow, but it's good otherwise. Didn't even realize it came with this, so added bonus.

The only slight difficulty we have come across is when trying to blend large chunks of ice, the protective feet on the bottom tend to get in the way, but it is better than the last stick blender we had at that anyway, which had a large shroud instead of individual feet. You can break the ice into smaller chunks by targeting individual pieces with the blender, and then once they are small enough, it all blends very rapidly.

One thing I can think of to be careful of: Make sure you absolutely unplug it if you are changing the blades. The "go" buttons can be pressed easily while you are trying to change blades if you are not careful, so just unplug it to make sure!
on February 25, 2009
I also purchased a pink blender and received a silver one instead. However, I really don't care. I'm so impressed with the way I can take a half cup of skim milk and in seconds whip it into over two cups of stiff white peaks of foam to top drinks and fruit.
on August 25, 2007
This is my best kitchen machine. We bought one when our daughter was born, now we're getting one for her as a 30 year birthday present!Bamix Hand Mixer Mono, White
on April 23, 2013
I've been very pleased with my new Bamix Immersion Blender. I use it three or four times a week and it has gotten the job done each and every time to my picky satisfaction with one exception. I made hummus and it did not puree the chickpeas as smooth as my food processor. The skins were the issue. Other than that, it has worked well. It is quiet compared to another immersion blender I have. I like the three blending disk options as well as the two speed options. What really stands out is the ability to clean this one. Being able to remove the blending disk ensures it gets thoroughly clean. With my other immersion blender I can wash it in soap and water, but I can't see underneath to make sure it is clean. This one is easy to clean.
on February 1, 2012
I've had my bamix for over 10 years, and my mom has used hers (sparingly) for probably 15 years. These are amazing! I have a magic bullet that I've been making baby food in (and it's been a major headache) so I remembered to bring out my bamix, and it's amazing!!! I don't have to add any liquid to the baby food, I can just throw a bit of peach and a few chickpeas (or whatever) in a bowl and they are pureed smooth for my 7 month son. In any other food processor I have to make larger amounts, or add liquid, but with my bamix I can puree his food fresh in small batches. I also use it frequently to make my own mayonnaise for the week. Among a million other uses. GET ONE!