5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best sunscreen for me
I'm allergic to many of the sunscreens that have PABA or some of the other common screening agents. (I end up with a rash that paradoxically looks like a bad sunburn.) But being very fair despite being a brunette, I have to use sunscreen when I spend time outdoors.

Published on April 7, 2012 by Joanna Daneman

1.0 out of 5 stars Cancerous ingredients I wouldn't use it on my skin.
Published 4 months ago by Sophia

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best sunscreen for me, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Banana Boat Sport Performance Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30, 8 Ounce (Misc.)

I like This one because it's SPF 30 and it's resistant to running off when you perspire. It doesn't bother my skin, and it seems to stay on a good part of the day. I won't burn with SPF-30 but I think they have a 50 if you are really sensitive. The aloe and vitamin A and E in this formula seem to be very soothing to the skin.

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (1%), Homosalate (15%), Octocrylene (.80%), Oxybenzone 4% (Sunscreen), Octisalate (4%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Capryl Glycol, Hydrogenated Dimer Dilinoley/Dimethylcarbonate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Citrate, Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide Peg 15 Disulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Capramide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Lactylate, Lecithin, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

5.0 out of 5 stars This Sunscreen Works, June 5, 2012
I used to use spray-on sunscreen but they can be really oily & messy. This sunscreen is not greasy & doesn't have a heavy odor. I kayak a lot in the summer so I need something "sweat resistant & water resistant"; this is both. I reapply if I go underwater but I've been lazy & not reapplied & it still worked (I wouldn't recommend being lazy that way!). It doesn't make your skin feel like it's encased in a slimy bag. Of course the most important thing, it blocks UVA/UVB rays & keeps me from getting sunburned!

I've used sunscreen that doesn't wash out of my clothes - yuck. This one doesn't seem to leave a lot of odor after going through the wash; there may be a hint of its scent but not so strong that I need separate clothes for wearing sunscreen. It probably helps that it's not really oily & absorbs in to the skin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cancerous ingredients I wouldn't use it on my skin., July 7, 2014
Sure this works, but certain ingredients such as avobenzene and oxybenzone (any ingredient containing benzene and or benzone) are found to be cancergens. Many companies use these ingredients since they are so accessible and easy to make. I have done extensive research and found many scientific article that state that only sunscreen containing zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are non cancergens.
I would definitely not use this on my body. I'm trying to prevent skin cancer not rub cancerous substances on my body!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sunblock!, August 6, 2012
This lotion goes on smoothly and feels like it disappears (in a good way). Some lotions say "non-greasy" but are totally greasy - this one really isn't. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Florida sun, April 7, 2013
Used a couple of these containers on a Boy Scout trip to Florida Keys

No one got burned who used it (others who didn't got fried)

Did not wash off even when in water for hours. Re-applied a couple of times during day to be sure but would recommend and use again

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Contains Methylisothiazolinone, a very common cause of contact dermatitis, June 10, 2014
I bought this stuff, slathered it on, and within a couple of hours had a very nasty rash - itchy, red, scaly little blisters and welts - contact dermatitis. I researched this online and Methylisothiazolinone is causing a lot of people the same problem. If you used this and got a horrible rash everywhere it touched you, I would suggest researching Methylisothiazolinone online.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 17, 2014 7:22:33 AM PDT
Hi, Nevel!
We are sorry to hear about your experience with our product. Our products are formulated using carefully evaluated ingredients, and are thoroughly analyzed and tested prior to marketing. Even so, some individuals may experience a reaction to a product, just as some people react to the ingestion of common foods.

Please call us at 1-800-Safe-Sun (1-800-723-3786) so we can gather more information and determine how we can best assist you, Monday-Friday 8am-6pm, EST. Please refer to your Amazon Name when calling.

5.0 out of 5 stars For farming husband, May 21, 2013
My husband is a sweaty smelly dirty oyster farmer and I make him wear sunscreen. He's not too reluctant to wear this stuff. Looks manly I guess.

5.0 out of 5 stars terrific !!!, July 20, 2013
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This sunblock lotion is first-rate! It goes on easily; I just gently squeeze the bottle so that some goes into the palm of my hand and I spread it on my arms, legs, face, neck (and even a bit on the top of my head where I'm balding!) when I'm walking around to avoid a bad sunburn. This stuff is also great for sunbathing at the pool; I really appreciate that it remains water resistant! They say it remains water resistant for up to 80 minutes, but to be on the safe side I apply a little extra after forty-five minutes or so.

I agree with other reviewers who write that this sunscreen is not at all oily; that's really wonderful because most of them are. I also like getting SPF 50 so I feel safe from the sun. I simply don't get sunburns when I use this very good sunscreen lotion!

It does have a mild scent; if you are allergic to scents you may want to look for another strong sun ray blocker that is hypoallergenic.

I should also add that this sunscreen doesn't stain my clothing. It never stains my swim trunks, either.

Overall, this is excellent sunblock lotion and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite sunscreen. Doesn't run into eyes., July 19, 2012
I like to use the Banana Boat spray on sunscreen for convenience, but like to apply rub in sunscreen to my face and more exposed areas. In the past I have had problems with sunscreen running into my eyes to the point that it often kept me from using it anywhere near my eyes. I applied this liberally over my face on a very hot day at the beach and had no problems with sunscreen causing my eyes to tear. I trust the Banana Boat name to protect me from the sun and expect waterproof claims to be accurate, so my main concern is how the sunscreen absorbs and if it runs into my eyes. This product absorbs well, does not leave greasy residue, and does not run into your eyes. Also the container itself is great. Its hard plastic and seemingly very leak-proof. Best sunscreen I have used...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sunblock!!, June 30, 2012
I only bought this because of the price but it is a great product. Been out in the sun for 3 days and 8 eight hours a day painting and I'm not in the hospital with 3rd degree burns. I put it on my face,ears and the back of my neck about 20 minutes before heading out to paint and then again about 4 hours later and NO BURN!! So I'm sure if you applied it every 2 hours you will be good to go,all day...The other nice thing is you don't need alot,just a little bit on your finger and work it in...I'm hoping the 8oz bottle lasts all summer,if not I got the other one..Hope this review was helpful