Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Banana Boat Sport Performance Lotion Sunscreens with PowerStay Technology SPF 30, 8 Ounces
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

I used to use spray-on sunscreen but they can be really oily & messy. This sunscreen is not greasy & doesn't have a heavy odor. I kayak a lot in the summer so I need something "sweat resistant & water resistant"; this is both. I reapply if I go underwater but I've been lazy & not reapplied & it still worked (I wouldn't recommend being lazy that way!). It doesn't make your skin feel like it's encased in a slimy bag. Of course the most important thing, it blocks UVA/UVB rays & keeps me from getting sunburned!

I've used sunscreen that doesn't wash out of my clothes - yuck. This one doesn't seem to leave a lot of odor after going through the wash; there may be a hint of its scent but not so strong that I need separate clothes for wearing sunscreen. It probably helps that it's not really oily & absorbs in to the skin.
I'm allergic to many of the sunscreens that have PABA or some of the other common screening agents. (I end up with a rash that paradoxically looks like a bad sunburn.) But being very fair despite being a brunette, I have to use sunscreen when I spend time outdoors.

I like This one because it's SPF 30 and it's resistant to running off when you perspire. It doesn't bother my skin, and it seems to stay on a good part of the day. I won't burn with SPF-30 but I think they have a 50 if you are really sensitive. The aloe and vitamin A and E in this formula seem to be very soothing to the skin.

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (1%), Homosalate (15%), Octocrylene (.80%), Oxybenzone 4% (Sunscreen), Octisalate (4%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Capryl Glycol, Hydrogenated Dimer Dilinoley/Dimethylcarbonate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Citrate, Disodium Ethylene Dicocamide Peg 15 Disulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Capramide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Lactylate, Lecithin, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum
on May 21, 2013
My husband is a sweaty smelly dirty oyster farmer and I make him wear sunscreen. He's not too reluctant to wear this stuff. Looks manly I guess.
on July 19, 2012
I like to use the Banana Boat spray on sunscreen for convenience, but like to apply rub in sunscreen to my face and more exposed areas. In the past I have had problems with sunscreen running into my eyes to the point that it often kept me from using it anywhere near my eyes. I applied this liberally over my face on a very hot day at the beach and had no problems with sunscreen causing my eyes to tear. I trust the Banana Boat name to protect me from the sun and expect waterproof claims to be accurate, so my main concern is how the sunscreen absorbs and if it runs into my eyes. This product absorbs well, does not leave greasy residue, and does not run into your eyes. Also the container itself is great. Its hard plastic and seemingly very leak-proof. Best sunscreen I have used...
on August 6, 2012
This lotion goes on smoothly and feels like it disappears (in a good way). Some lotions say "non-greasy" but are totally greasy - this one really isn't. Highly recommended!
on October 31, 2015
I picked this up for my trip to Costa Rica. I had left my last bottle behind when I lived in Hawaii, and knew it worked great when I would go to the beach there as well. I only used it once while in Costa Rica (rainy season) and it worked well. When I used it in Hawaii, this was my go to. It is super important to apply the sunscreen about 30 minutes before sun exposure in order to ensure it's efficacy. When I used this, I never had an issue with sunburns, as long as I reapplied as well. It's tough knowing that sunscreen is bleaching our coral reefs, but I guess I would rather protect myself against skin cancer. I would without a doubt recommend this to others, obviously with taking into consideration SPF level with skin complexion and climate you're going to use it in.
on February 29, 2016
Travel size! We ordered this because we were only doing carry-on bags for our trip to Nicaragua. The sun was strong, so we're glad we brought this with us. We ordered the 3 pack and they were within the guidelines for TSA.

It says it's SPF 50. Most of our friends brought SPF 30 and were asking to use ours. Glad we brought extra!
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 10, 2014
I bought this stuff, slathered it on, and within a couple of hours had a very nasty rash - itchy, red, scaly little blisters and welts - contact dermatitis. I researched this online and Methylisothiazolinone is causing a lot of people the same problem. If you used this and got a horrible rash everywhere it touched you, I would suggest researching Methylisothiazolinone online.
55 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi, Nevel!
We are sorry to hear about your experience with our product. Our products are formulated using carefully evaluated ingredients, and are thoroughly analyzed and tested prior to marketing. Even so, some individuals may experience a reaction to a product, just as some people react to the ingestion of common foods.

Please call us at 1-800-Safe-Sun (1-800-723-3786) so we can gather more information and determine how we can best assist you, Monday-Friday 8am-6pm, EST. Please refer to your Amazon Name when calling.
on December 1, 2015
Pros:
-Great product to protect your skin from sunburn! In moderation, can get that tan without the burn (depending on your skin type).
-Bright orange bottle makes it really easy to find in your beach bag
-White cream, makes it easy to know where you missed a spot

Cons:
-It's a cream, so might not be best for people who have acne problem.
on March 22, 2016
The only thing negative about this product is that it does not come in a larger bottle - I use it every day and always make sure I have two bottles in reserve. It can feel greasy - but with the protection I get from this product I am quite content with what might be considered greasy-ish.