Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Bananagrams
$14.41
Add to cart
asked by Bunny Hugger on October 23, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
I was wondering the same thing -- don't own any yet and have been looking for the answer. Pairs has 4 kinds of patterns (like a the 4 suits of a deck of cards), so if you are playing with patterns, Bananagrams would lack that. The main problem I see with Appletters is that the tiles are thicker and stand up so others can't see your tiles, so Bananagrams wouldn't do that.

But this is just a "best guess" and I would really like to hear a response from this from people who have actually played/own the games. :)
Zoltron answered on May 30, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes. Kind of. See this thread for the letter distributions.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/459128/letter-distribution
J. N. Connell answered on April 25, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can play Bananagrams and Appletters interchangeably with the same tiles, but Bananagrams comes with more vowels. The Bananagrams letters do stand up by the way.

Pairs in Pears uses 4 different "suits" of letters (solid, striped, dotted, and outlined), so you wouldn't be able to adapt the other two games to play it, it also comes with the least amount of tiles, and the letter distribution is one of each letter in each suit so it doesn't have more of more commonly used letters like the other two. Hope that helps!
KiWiSouP answered on March 19, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product