5.0 out of 5 stars Superior to Bananagrams game
I believe Zip It, from the company that made Banagrams is superior to the Bananagrams game. With letters inscribed on the cubes is more efficient because you can simply twist the cube around to find the letter you need to make the words.

Published on August 14, 2011 by DorothyFan1

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Banagrams
For those of us who love Banagrams, this simply doesn't compare. It's an okay game to play, but you will quickly lose interest.
Published 8 months ago by mm143

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior to Bananagrams game, August 14, 2011
This review is from: Zip-It (Toy)

In Bananagrams you have to "dump" the tiles you can't use to pick up letters to make your word. So Zip It eliminates that problem. With just twelve cubes, I was able to create more than a hundred words...and this was from playing Zip It in solitaire mode by myself.

Not only that but the lettering on the cubes are much clearer to see than the tiles on Banangrams. You can really see the letters which are larger and more attractive to look at. The quality of the cubes used for this game is excellent. Very high quality went into this product and it shows.

Overall I'm very impressed. The only drawback to this game is there are only 24 cubes. You really do need to pick up at least two or more sets to get going. My advice to prospective buyers...you won't regret this purchase. But don't buy one set. Buy two.

There is one final thought about Zip It. I think they should reclassify it as a solitaire game. Yes, two people can play with one set but 24 cubes to play this game is too small a set to justify calling it a two player game. So my final analysis suggests this is more a one person game than a two player game. There is another reason I say this...and that's because it's easier to switch around the cubes to find different words than Bananagrams because of the cube design in Zip It.

But it also justifies using Zip It more along the lines of a solitaire variation of Zip It than for two players. You can't "peel" or "dump" cubes with only 24 total cubes...especially if two players are at it with 12 cubes each. So my advice still stands...get the game but buy two or more sets.

5.0 out of 5 stars You just might need to play every day!, January 22, 2011
I was given Zip-It for Christmas. Playing with a friend, seeing her delight in the game, I passed my set on to her. Now I am ordering a replacement for myself and several to have on hand for others on my gift list.
The game is simple, quick, challenging, enjoyable to play with another player or even alone. You'll strive to develop little strategies to work faster. Small enough to store in a purse or glove compartment, Zip-It can be played almost anywhere. I highly recommend the fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great game!, January 18, 2011
This review is from: Zip-It (Toy)
If your family enjoys word games, this is a great one! It's like quick-paced scrabble. My daughter (11) absolutely loves it and we play together regularly. Get this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of possibilities and fun!!!!!!, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Zip-It (Toy)
I play this with my best friend fairly often. You get 24 cubes and each zip-it cube has six sides. You and your friend evenly divide the cubes and then you race to make your own crossword. You get bonus points for rhyming and making larger words. You can adjust the rules to make the game more complex. My friend and I play where your starting word can be no shorter than 8 letters, and that's how we jumpstart our game. Otherwise, you can easily blow through an entire round in under a minute. I LOVE this game. It's gotten to the point where if I see just four letters, I can come up with a much larger word and without knowing if I have the relevant letters or not, I just start building the word absolutely sure that I'll find it if I'm creative enough. LOL. This game is so much fun and it's pretty durable. If you're rough on zippers, your case won't last long, and then rather than keep score using the zippers on the case, you'll have to use old-fashioned pen and paper. Still worth it though. I especially loved the bonus book that has a bunch of "cheat" words that one can use. I'll admit that I never use them when I play this game, but I have been known to utilize a couple of them while playing Words with Friends. Buy this one with confidence! It's so much better than Bananagrams!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great word game for all ages., September 25, 2011
This review is from: Zip-It (Toy)
I'm a scrabble fan. My daughter introduced me to Zip-It and I liked it so much that I bought one for myself. I can even play it alone and it is somewhat of a practice for scrabble too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, March 7, 2011
Great two person game. We make up rules too, like no words under four letters...

I'm going to buy another set so up to four can play too.

5.0 out of 5 stars This or Bananagrams?, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Zip-It (Toy)
Well, I owned this before I ever played Bananagrams. They really are 2 different games, same concept. Zip it is great for adult and kid play together because it is much less intimidating. We also bought a book with word puzzles to play with the Zip It, like solitaire games. Fun and flexible since you can turn the cube.

Do you really need both?

I think Zip It! is wonderful for one on one play between adult and child or children or adults. Zip It! is probably better for kids who are still developing their spelling and vocabulary. Bananagrams excellent for group play. So you decide your needs.

BTW our toddler loves getting out Zip It! and we discuss the letters, roll them like dice and shout out the letters. We spell her name with the cubes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like bananagrams but different, February 24, 2012
W. Norman (Nashville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zip-It (Toy)
This game is great. It is like banangrams in that you create a crossword, but the game play is much faster. The small pouch and few tiles make it easy to throw in a bag or jacket pocket for a quick round or two with my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Banannagrams you'll love this one!, June 6, 2013
This review is from: Zip-It (Toy)
Just played this game for the first time, it is a lot of fun, I didn't want to put it down.
You should probably buy two sets, that way you can play with more than two people. I just ordered 2 and am sure I'll be buying some for gifts in the near future.
A little pricey for some plastic cubest with letters on them, but it is cheaper than two movie tickets!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow is this Fun or What?, May 11, 2013
This review is from: Zip-It (Toy)
This great game can get you really excited and thinking as fast as you can. Our grand daughter 8 came up with her own version and it is as much fun as the regular rules. Great learning tool.

Zip-It