Band Hero DS delivers full band features, with an ability to shred guitar, beat the drums, or sing lead vocals on your DS Lite. The “band” bundle includes a guitar grip and an all new drum skin peripheral. The microphone is built into the handheld, allowing you to take center stage singing the lyrics that scroll across the screen. Enter multiplayer mode and join up to 4 people to form your own band.
| Brought to you by the makers of Guitar Hero, one of the best-selling video game franchises of all time, Band Hero for Nintendo DS features the hottest chart-topping hits from everyone’s favorite acts including Taylor Swift, No Doubt, Lily Allen, The All-American Rejects and Jackson 5. Headlined by some of the biggest names in music as in-game artists and playable characters, Band Hero is the ultimate party game to play on the road or at home, where players of all ages will be able to experience the signature, easy-to-learn but difficult-to-master Guitar Hero gameplay. Nintendo DS Gameplay |
Band Hero for DS (not compatible with the BSI) is the first ever portable full band gaming experience, allowing fans to create the band they have always dreamed of using any combination of supported inputs, providing wannabe rockers and performers of all ages the chance to experience and interact with their favorite music like never before. Full band gameplay is facilitated through a combination of 4-player multiplayer support via a Nintendo Wi-Fi connection and instrument emulation. Instruments possible in the game are vocals, drums, guitar and bass guitar. Vocal inputs are handled through the DS' built-in microphone, while the other three instruments are imputed via the two different peripherals included with the game. These two are the Band Hero branded grip for playing guitar and bass, and the new Band Hero drum skins for DS. Both contain colored buttons and pads respectively to guide players as they follow along with the game's familiar color-coated Guitar Hero style gameplay. The drum skin rests atop your DS' D-pad and face buttons in an arrangement designed to mimic an actual drum kit, while the grip plugs into the DS' Game Boy Advance slot allowing for simultaneous easy use and screen viewing. The game includes multiple play options, including single player, and multiplayer modes and even the ability to team up with a partner playing on a Wii version of the game for an all new level of competition. The Song List
Band Hero for Nintendo DS features over 30 master recordings from some of the hottest bands of today and yesteryear. Some of the songs players can expect to be cranking out with their bands are:
- The All-American Rejects - "Believe"
- Avril Lavigne - "Girlfriend"
- Black Eyed Peas - "Let's Get It Started"
- Blink-182 - "First Date"
- Boys Like Girls - "The Great Escape"
- Duran Duran - "Hungry Like The Wolf"
- Eagles of Death Metal - "Wannabe In L.A."
- Evanescence - "Call Me When You're Sober"
- Fall Out Boy - "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs"
- Foo Fighters - "Monkey Wrench"
- Kaiser Chiefs - "I Predict A Riot"
- The Killers - "Spaceman"
- Kings of Leon - "Manhattan"
- KT Tunstall - "Suddenly I See"
- Lacuna Coil - "Our Truth"
- No Doubt - "Excuse Me Mr."
- P!nk - "So What"
- The Presidents of the United States of America - "Lump"
- The Pretenders - "Boots of Chinese Plastic"
- Queen - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"
- Queens Of The Stone Age - "No One Knows"
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - "You Better Pray"
- The Rolling Stones - "Under My Thumb (live)"
- Spin Doctors - "Two Princes"
- Sublime - "All You Need"
- Sum 41 - "In Too Deep"
- Ugly Kid Joe - "Everything About You"
- Vampire Weekend - "A-Punk"
- The Vines - "Get Free"
- Weezer - "Troublemaker"