Customer Discussions > Philadelphia forum

Band in 'Philadelphia' Party Scene?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 15, 2011 3:36:18 PM PDT
J.E. Viosca says:
Help! Can anyone provide the name of the band singing the slow song during the costume party scene in 'Philadelphia'? ( "Heaven is a place...") I don't see the song on either of the soundtracks. If not the band, how about the song title? The woman has a wonderful voice, and I've wondered about this song for years. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 7:00:31 AM PDT
Simon06 says:
It is Heaven by Talking Heads cover by Q Lazzarus but I cannot find the full version :(

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 7:50:58 PM PDT
Auntie M. says:
This is over two years coming, but I loved that song too and I am disgusted Q Lazzarus was given no play.It may be a Talking Heads tune, but that chick takes it to a whole other level. I have been looking for the full version also. That joint sung by this lady touches the soul. Listened to the THs version and it was like beige paint for me. Love the Heads, but the jam is too soulful for them.

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 8:45:47 PM PDT
J.E. Viosca says:
Wow I'd forgotten I posted this question. I was amazed that version was not available on either soundtrack; it MADE that scene for me, it was so perfect. I used to rewind the DVD just to hear that little bitty piece. That, and Denzel later cuddling his sleepy baby girl were just so heart and soul-touching.
Thanks for the reminder! 'Beige paint'-- LOL.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Philadelphia forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 15, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Philadelphia
Philadelphia by Tom Hanks (DVD - 2002)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (414)