Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Color: Black|Change

on September 30, 2010
US made, Minnesota field-tested, this is darn near the perfect bag. Simple, huge capacity (I can fit 2 gallons of milk, plus groceries, in each one) and easy easy easy on and off. Yes, when fully loaded you need to be a bit careful of bumps. These beat the heck out of the axiom panniers they replaced.
on June 11, 2010
These will easily hold a large full grocery bag in each side. The only problem is that it is easy to fill and if you fill it with very heavy dense groceries like mellons and canned goods, it can get heavy. They are very well made and my foot does not hit then when pedaling. I love these and highly recommend them. Well worth the price.
on July 27, 2013
I shopped around a lot for a decent quality pannier large enough for a grocery bag, large laptop or overnight stuff and somewhat water-proof (unless your in a torrential downpour); it's even easy to install & remove. Banjo Brothers had what I think was the best product for the price - they also make a reasonably priced more water proof model if you don't need so much space. I bought this for my daughters birthday to replace the metal folding basket style she tried previously - the metal basket fell apart after very little use but I expect this pannier to last for a long time (unless it gets stolen - it looks great too!). Highly recommended.
on June 19, 2015
We're still in our honeymoon phase, since I've only had these for a few days, but I absolutely love them so far. They are my first panniers. I hope to use them for grocery shopping, but haven't gotten there yet because the fridge was stocked when they arrived. They have been awesome for taking my son to and from school, and for going to the neighborhood pool. They are big enough that I can just drop his school backpack straight in without any repacking or subdividing. One pannier easily holds three largish beach towels, and the small exterior pocket is perfect for keys and pool passes.

They fit easily and securely on my rack, and haven't shifted at all during transit during our mostly smoothly paved commutes. My heel did brush the bottom of the bag the first time I mounted them, but clears it cleanly now that I moved the panniers all the way to the rear of my rack. They haven't slid forward so far, but I wonder if they will eventually when the bungie that secures them to the bottom of the rack stretches out.

They are easy to take on and off, easy to fold up when empty, and both the carrying handles and included shoulder straps seem perfectly adequate for carrying around a store or to and from the bike rack.The backs are rigid so there doesn't seem to be much chance of anything getting tangled in the spokes.

I've mostly ridden with light unbalanced loads so far. It's slightly trickier getting rolling, but I forget they're even back there once I'm cruising along.

I haven't tried them with a heavier load yet. Will update this review if there are any problems.

Bottom line: these are easy to use, practical, and appear to be durable. I look forward to leaving the minivan in the driveway when the weather is nice.
on December 15, 2014
These are the bomb. I've done a full grocery trip and carried picnic lunches plus water bottles and assorted sunscreens for 7 people. I keep one bag permanently installed to hold my tools, u-lock, and anything else I feel like taking when I hit the road. The hook and bungee installation is fast, easy, and secure. These bags swallow up loads and it's easy to take way too much with you. The handles are OK, but I prefer the shoulder strap, which is pretty bare bones but gets the job done.

The only thing I'd suggest would be a rain cover if you thought you might do some inclement weather riding. The top flap does a good job but the sides can flare out and expose gaps that would let water in under certain conditions.
on June 6, 2011
Banjo Brothers have put together a very easy to use, affordable, and durable pannier with this one. Bag is heavy duty nylon and well reinforced in all the crucial places. Not waterproof (they offer one of these as well), but certainly water resistant and dries quickly. Straps are all there, including cinches for the side, top clasp, and hand strap. The included shoulder strap is nice, but could use a bit of padding if you're going to be carrying for a long period of time in this manner.

The version of this I picked up locally (in MN) also had an extra small zippered pouch on the outside not pictured in the amazon photo. About the right size for a patch kit, multi-tool and tire levers.

Nothing fancy here. The quality far outweighs the price.
on June 15, 2011
I purchased these panniers for commuting and biking around town for errands. When they arrived I liked them; they seemed solid and the covers were great. I rated them 4 stars because they were heavy and I couldn't adjust them enough on the rack so that my heels didn't hit the edge of them hard enough to knock them off. I ended up returning them because I couldn't make them work with my bike (Specialized Sirrus). Even with a longer rack I was doubtful that I could get the corners far enough back. If I ever have a bike with a longer frame I would try them again.
on June 1, 2011
Fits my bike well and the construction is very sturdy. Also has a shoulder strap to take it into the store. It releases quickly and easily with hooks. Also, the color is black even though the photo makes it look like dark navy blue.

Edit after a few months of use: The rubber on the hooks started to come off which isn't a big deal since I don't care if my rack gets scratched. The bigger problem with the bag is that I've never found a good way to secure it (or never figured out the method on the bag using the cord supplied). Several times I've lost it while going over a bump.

I've since upgraded to ortlieb panniers which have integrated quick release mounting hardware which makes them very secure and convenient to install/remove. Both brands are a pain to carry at your side because the hooks/hardware gouge you and catch on clothing. But not really what it's designed for.
on June 4, 2015
I returned this bag, because I just didn't like it and for the price I'd payed, I wanted something perfect.
I'm only taking 2 stars off, because the bag it self seems nice and roomy and good quality.
So what didn't I like about it? When I attached it to my bike, I saw that it sticks out several inches above the rack.
It looked ugly and it makes the rack basically unusable.

To replace it, I bought the Green Guru Dutchy Pannier. (I happen to be Dutch, but that was not the deciding factor.)
Not only do these bags not stick out above your bike rack, they are also more weather resistant and are much simpler to collapse down.
To collapse down the Banjo bags, you need to adjust two side straps, whereas the Green Guru bags collapse automatically when closing the front flap. A lot simpler! I also like it that the Green Guru bags hold their shape a lot better.
Both types of bags have nice clips to hook them to your bike, but I think the Green Guru ones look a bit sturdier and larger.
The Banjo bags have a ring that you can hook over a bottom part of your bike rack and the Green Guru bags have a hook. Both systems worked well with my bike.

The Green Guru bags are made from recycled banners and billboards, which means that you won't know what they will look like until you get them.
Mine are yellow and blue, with some white stars. I really like them. They don't look too flashy, which I was afraid of. If you prefer more conservative bags, then the plain black Banjo ones are more for you.
on November 30, 2014
Great bags. I actually have two. It clips to the bike with metal hooks that are very sturdy. They have kept their form after 2 years of heavy use. The inner lining could be a little better. My first bag is starting to tear a little from filling it to the top with groceries. But the tear is more cosmetic right now. My only gripe is that these things aren't cheap!