|Brand Name||Bankers Box|
|Item Weight||18 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||18 x 24 x 18 inches|
|Item model number||0062901|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||0062901|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Bankers Box SmoothMove Fast Assembly Tape-Free Moving and Storage Boxes, Large, 6 Pack (0062901)
|Price:||$41.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$3.00 (7%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Secure closure without using tape
- Strong, durable hand holes for comfortable moving and lifting
- FastFold® quick and easy assembly
- No tape required - lid locks into place for secure closure
- Easy to break down and store flat until ready for reuse
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
- Boxes set up instantly--no tape required
- Reinforced hand holes make boxes comfortable to carry
- Boxes break down in an instant for quick storage
- A great value; so durable, you can use the boxes again and again
Planning a move can be challenging, but you don’t have to give in to the stress. Bankers Box® Smooth Move™ Moving Boxes can help you manage your move like a pro from start to finish.
|Moving Check List |
Check off daily tasks to keep your move on track.
|Smooth Move™ Box Selection |
Determine which size is best for packing your belongings.
Make your move easier with these helpful tips.
|Create Your Moving Kit |
Determine how many boxes you need to pack your belongings.
Moving Check List
The best way to handle a complex task like moving is to break it down into smaller tasks. Use the check list below to track what you’ve accomplished and what still must be done.
1–2 Months Before Moving Day
- Room by room, sort through possessions and decide what to keep
- Donate or discard any items you no longer need
- Return borrowed items to neighbors and friends
- Have your valuables appraised and insured
- Start packing nonessential items
- Organize packed items and sealed boxes in one corner of each room
- Keep a file of your moving paperwork so everything you need is in one place
- Get 2–3 estimates from moving companies or truck rental companies
- Make your reservation with the moving company of your choice
- Fill out a change of address form at your local post office
- Inform your bank, creditors, and others of your change of address
- Contact the utilities to cancel your old service/set-up new service
- Transfer school, medical, and veterinary records
- Book any travel arrangements you may need
- Place items that you plan to move yourself in a separate area
- Pack a suitcase with clothing, toiletries, and other necessities for the first few days in your new home
- Pack a box for items you will need right away such as garbage bags, toilet paper, wet wipes, cleaning supplies, phone, etc.
- Confirm your reservation with the moving company
- Read the bill of lading prepared by your mover before signing it
- Note any damage to possessions as they are brought into your new home
To begin, you will need boxes, cushioning materials such as bubble wrap and packing tissue, scissors, box cutters, box labels, permanent markers--but no tape.
- Start packing in a space that is not often used such as a basement or garage
- Set up a folding table so you can pack boxes at a comfortable height
- Pack heavier items at the bottom of a box and more delicate items near the top
- Line the bottom of the box with cushioning materials such as bubble wrap, packing tissue, or even paper towels
- Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap or tissue paper before packing them up
- Fill open spaces inside your box with towels or linens to minimize the risk of damage
- Top off the box with more cushioning materials before you close it up
- Write or place a “fragile” sticker on boxes with delicate items
- Keep the weight of each box below 40 lbs., especially when packing books
- Avoid placing items from different rooms in the same box
- List the room and box contents on a label for each box
- Mark both the top and side of the box for easy identification
- Label the boxes that need to be unpacked first with a different color marker
- Use a dolly to move stacked boxes
Smooth Move™ Box Selection
We recommend that you refer to the guidelines below when choosing box sizes:
Small Moving Box
Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 16 inches (H x W x D)
Use the small size for packing compact or heavy items
like photo albums, CDs, books, dishes, glassware, etc.
Medium Moving Box
Dimensions: 16 x 18 x 18 inches (H x W x D)
Use the medium size for packing mid-weight items like
kitchen appliances, toys, or shoes.
Large Moving Box
Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 24 inches (H x W x D)
Use the large size for packing lighter, bulkier items,
such as towels, bedding, cushions, or clothing.
Other Moving Kit Items
Storage Box Labels
The most convenient way to label moving boxes! Available in white or assorted colors for easy color-coded organization.
Transport important documents and posters without folding or wrinkling the paper.
Create Your Moving Kit
It’s always best to have more packing supplies on hand than you think you need, so you can avoid making any last-minute trips for supplies. Use the chart below to determine the approximate number of Smooth Move™ Moving Boxes you will need to create the ideal moving kit.
|Small Box||Medium Box||Large Box|
|1 Bedroom (each)||3||4||3|
|1 Bathroom (each)||4||2||1|
|Garage or Storage Area||2||4||2|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Bankers Box SmoothMove Fast Assembly Tape-Free Moving and Storage Boxes, Large, 6 Pack (0062901)
Bankers Box SmoothMove Classic Moving Boxes, Small, 15 x 12 x 10 Inches, Pack of 10 (7714203) B00GMOOB08
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||18 inches x 18 inches x 24 inches||12 inches x 15 inches x 10 inches||24 inches x 18 inches x 18 inches||40 inches x 24 inches x 24 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
Well, these Moving Boxes are NOT Banker's Boxes, and while I think Banker's Boxes excel at the purpose of STORAGE, I think these boxes truly are dedicated to the singular task of MOVING your possessions.
Here is a comparison of the two styles:
The Banker's Boxes were 16 inches long, 13 inches wide, and 10 inches high.
The Moving Boxes were 17 inches long, 12.25 inches wide, and 12.5 inches high.
The Banker's Boxes were not as tall, and were slightly shorter lengthwise. This meant that they fit more comfortably in my closet where I store things. The Moving Boxes, on the other hand were a little larger and probably wouldn't fit the way I would want in my closet, and for all storage related purposes I would probably go for the Banker's Boxes. In addition, the tops of the moving boxes are not flat like the Banker's Boxes -they have a cardboard fold on the top of the box, so there is double cardboard for half of the top, and single cardboard for the other half. Therefore, two boxes on top of each other (long term) might not be quite as stable -especially since they are taller.
In addition, because of this fold, and of the way they lock, Moving Boxes don't open quite as easily or quickly as Banker's Boxes -whose tops come off with the flick of a finger.Read more ›
|Length: 2:15 Mins|
Two thumbs up from me. Hope this video helps!
CON: As moving boxes go, you're spending at least three times more per box on these than you would for an average moving box of similar size. As mentioned above, there is a superior quality expected for that premium price, and that's where the product lost two stars from my rating. We purchased more than 50 Fellowes boxes of different sizes and found that, in our particular batch, several (about 1 in 15) were defective. In a couple cases the pre-glued interiors were attached horizontally when they should have been vertical. In another case, glue had apparently been slopped inside the bottom of the box so that, when the box was folded open for assembly, the bottom ripped. I expect the manufacturer or Amazon.com would surely reimburse me, or replace the defective boxes, if I sent them back, but who has the time or patience to be returning defective moving boxes in the middle of a move? When a moving box costs as much as these do, I expect them to be in A-1 shape and free of defects 100 percent of the time. They were not.
(+) Intuitive set up: It took me <10s to figure out how and erect the first box without reading the diagram. Subsequent assembly completes in < 5s. In honesty, the included diagram could use some revision.
(+) Tape-free: No tape is required. This is extremely convenient, compared to boxes that necessitate tapes for re-enforcement and subsequent removal of the tapes. It renders a clean and professional look for these boxes.
(+) Very sturdy: These boxes are very strong, good for stacking up and long-distance moving. But please be mindful of the recommended weight per box (< 40 lbs), especially for limiting unintended injury, such as lower back pain. What I do is packing heavy and light items in the same box.
(+) Reusable: the box is made of 65% recycled materials and can be quickly broken down for storage for future use. I have no doubt that these boxes can survive 5+ moves.
(-) The set came in very flimsy box, which busted open prior to or on arrival. If you live in a rainy / snowy area with high potentials for exposure to the elements, the risk of water damage is high, as one reviewer noted.
(-) Although the Fellowes prices commensurate other brands (Duck Foldable or Brown Corrugated Boxes) and their tape-free design is superior, the prices are difficult for regular folks to overcome when making purchase decision.
Recommendation: If you are to purchase moving boxes, then I would highly recommend the Fellowes Smooth Move Moving Boxes over the other ones on the market.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These boxes are easy to use and sturdy. The fact that the box top wraps into the handles makes that part better than most other boxs with openings on the sides. Read morePublished 12 days ago by edinkdo
Boxes working out fine and buying them at full price is OK in that they are not the cheapest, but you get your money's worth. Read morePublished 16 days ago by William Wilder
I just moved and used these boxes as well as some from fedex and uhaul. Compared to the others, these boxes are thinner and that makes them less strong. Read morePublished 22 days ago by S.J.
What a great box for packing away tons of books! And what a great concept, to have the top lock down into the handles (adds to hand comfort when lifting, too - instead of raw... Read morePublished 1 month ago by LittleTank
Packaging of these boxes seemed brand new. But when I started unfolding these boxes I found marks, stickers, and holes in most of them. They seemed used already. Very disappointed. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jewels
If you are moving these boxes are a blessing...no tape needed. Thank you, thank you, thank you!Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer