Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Size: 3 Pack|Style: Wardrobe|Change

on September 18, 2013
Size: 3 Pack|Style: Wardrobe|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These SmoothMove Wardrobe Boxes are incredibly useful tools to have for your move and their functionality probably justifies their the price.

For starters, these boxes are pretty huge and you'll need some space to unfold them, fold them properly, and tape them up. I didn't realize this until I already had a room filled with boxes before I decided to tackle my closet. I was forced to assemble these boxes in a different room first. There is a single, post-it sized sheet of instructions on how to sort of assemble the box, but it has possibly the worst picture/diagram I've ever seen on how to slide the metal bar into place. It's made from like a Xerox copy of a Xerox copy, of a dot matrix printed image. All things aside, it's not difficult to figure how to put these boxes together and start loading clothes. If you have clothes on wire hangers, you can cram quite a bit in there. If you have thicker plastic hangers, you'll squeeze fewer items per rack. To get an idea of what you can fit in the box, smush about 20-22 linear inches of shirts on hangers together and you'll get an idea how much each box can comfortably hold.

The cardboard is durable enough, but I did notice that if you overload a box and really weigh it down with heavy jackets or sweatshirts, it'll take it's toll on the cardboard where the metal bar hooks on the sides. If you want these expensive boxes to last, I recommend loading them up, and then then perhaps taking 2-5 items out to loosen the load on each bar/box. The metal bar is solid and I don't think it will bend unless you really punish it, however, it has a cheap coating to it that I can see flaking off over time. Especially when metal hangers are sliding around on the metal bars during the move. Those metal coating flakes will fall onto your clothes. I didn't see that scenario happen during my one move, but again, over time it looks like a possibility. The other thing I'll mention is that I wear tall sizes and the box isn't tall enough for a lot of my clothes. They still "fit," but they clump and fold up and get wrinkly at the bottom of the box. Not a deal breaker by any means, but don't expect to put a shirt and suit in there, move, and be able to wear it the next day without a good ironing session.

Overall, these boxes were game changers for my recent move. If you can stomach the price, I think you'll find them highly useful.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 30, 2014
These high quality garment boxes are great for moving suits, dresses, coats, ties, and etc. The boxes are two feet wide, and make use of a heavy duty steel cross bar that is designed to hold more weight without bending than the box itself could even handle. You simply tape up the bottom flaps of the box, drop the steel bar into the supplied cut-outs on either side of the box, and then start loading your clothes. When finished, you close the flaps at the top of the box over the metal bar and you have a completely enclosed garment moving box! While a bit expensive, they are indispensable if you need to move clothes that must stay hanging during a trip. Five stars.

Note:
- Don't forget to carefully open the boxes at your destination, flatten them back into flat packs (the way they come shipped to you), and store them for possible future use! If you keep them in a reasonably dry location, they should last a long time.
- If possible, keep the box in which these three boxes come shipped to you. You can use it to store the three boxes!
- This set comes with three boxes, each with a two-foot hanging width.
VINE VOICEon September 19, 2013
I live in an old house with smaller closets, which means that twice per year, I store away nearly half my wardrobe in the basement. I got this set of storage boxes about halfway through the storage season for my fall/winter clothes, which meant moving armloads of tweed and woolens into place. While I haven't jostled these boxes around to simulate a move, they are awesome for storing a huge amount of clothing. I can cram a lot of sport coats and trousers into one box and it doesn't feel like it's even close to keeling over. I'll soon be moving my spring/summer clothing in there, and I suspect I'll be able to fit even more. Super thick cardboard and easy assembly, these are a great way to provide more cover for clothes that don't fit in my closet year-round.
The last time I moved, the movers charged me to "rent" their wardrobe boxes, which were a lot like these. This time around, I liked the idea of just getting the boxes myself, packing them ahead of time, and then reusing the boxes for storage later.

There are no directions, but it's pretty self-explanatory. You have to turn the box upside down, tape up the bottom of the box, then turn it right-side up and insert the bar on top where it's notched. Hang your clothes, and then tape up the top, and it has holes on the sides so you can carry the boxes easily.

The bars and the boxes are well-made and seem sturdy. There's a place to write your inventory on the side if you want to. My only problem was that a minority of my hangers were too thin to fit over these bars. It's a problem for my daughter's clothes (the child-size hangers won't work here), but in the case of my own hangers, there were only about 5 that didn't fit out of 50, so I was able to just substitute different hangers. Still, it might have been nice if the bar corresponded a little more closely with the width of an average closet clothes bar.
on February 25, 2016
Wardrobe boxes are so cumbersome to deal with! Instead of going to the store and trying to fit them in the trunk I had then brilliant idea of having Amazon deliver them to me. BEST IDEA EVER. They're pretty good quality and they come in a nice quality box themselves (which I used to pack my mirror and pictures). I call that a 2 for 1 deal. For that, I say it's actually reasonably priced and I have Amazon Prime, so they delivered straight to my house with no issues in 2 days. I bought 2 sets, so that means I got 6 total wardrobe boxes. I also reused the 2 boxes they came in, so I really got 8 boxes. I am such a happy camper, and don't know why I didn't use this sooner. If I could give it 6 stars out of 5 I totally would.
on October 31, 2013
Good size and quality for a big move but did end up getting a little crush at the top by the movers since I assume they put other boxes on top but still was better in my mind in the long run than folding it all, especially the dry clean items.
on August 17, 2013
These boxes are more solid than the kind we can get from our local movers. The only difference is our movers have some about 10 inches taller, but these worked fine, even for longer clothing. They didn't come with directions to assemble but there is really only one way to set them, and once you get it all in place it's quite solid. For us, three boxes held all my husband's clothes and all my summer clothing (winter clothes like sweaters and coats bulk these up too quickly, so I recommend using thinner items just for the sake of efficiency).
VINE VOICEon July 10, 2013
Wow! This is quite the clothes box. I am in the process of moving and didn't really know anything about boxes until I went to buy some and realized how bloody expensive they were and how poorly made they were as well. Luckily I was able to get one of these bad boys to try out. I am so happy I did. These are easy to assemble, have a rod to hang you clothes and bigger than you think. I was able to get all of my dresses into one. ( I have a ton of dresses) Really nice set up. These are definitely going to make my moving much easier.
VINE VOICEon July 12, 2013
These boxes are pretty huge. Pay attention to the measurements. They hold clothes quite well. Great for storage of your "off season" stuff. The only thing that I didn't like about it was that if you are moving, plastic hangers protrude a bit higher off the bar and the top of the box isn't flush or flat. This really isn't a bit problem, but you can't really put even lightweight boxes on top because it's not level. Otherwise, the boxes seem sturdy and roomy for just about any clothing. The bar is strong and sits well on the box.
on March 12, 2016
Great boxes for moving and/or storage. Assemble easily, relatively sturdy and hold a ton of stuff. Worth every penny and so much better than folding and smashing my clothes in a vacuum bag. I placed cotton puffs treated with essential oils into a zippered quart baggie, that I hole punched for ventilation, to ward against any creepy critter wanting to seek refuge - my version of moth balls just better smelling - and cedar never seems to last long enough. Will probably order again for the rest of my wardrobe for our move.