Smooth Move™ Moving Boxes--It’s Moving Made Easy!
- Boxes set up instantly--no tape required
- Reinforced hand holes make boxes comfortable to carry
- Boxes break down in an instant for quick storage
- A great value; so durable, you can use the boxes again and again
Planning a move can be challenging, but you don’t have to give in to the stress. Bankers Box® Smooth Move™ Moving Boxes can help you manage your move like a pro from start to finish.
Moving Check List
|Moving Check List |
Check off daily tasks to keep your move on track.
|Smooth Move™ Box Selection |
Determine which size is best for packing your belongings.
Make your move easier with these helpful tips.
|Create Your Moving Kit |
Determine how many boxes you need to pack your belongings.
The best way to handle a complex task like moving is to break it down into smaller tasks. Use the check list below to track what you’ve accomplished and what still must be done.1–2 Months Before Moving DayPacking:
- Room by room, sort through possessions and decide what to keep
- Donate or discard any items you no longer need
- Return borrowed items to neighbors and friends
- Have your valuables appraised and insured
- Start packing nonessential items
- Organize packed items and sealed boxes in one corner of each room
1 Week Before Moving Day
- Keep a file of your moving paperwork so everything you need is in one place
- Get 2–3 estimates from moving companies or truck rental companies
- Make your reservation with the moving company of your choice
- Fill out a change of address form at your local post office
- Inform your bank, creditors, and others of your change of address
- Contact the utilities to cancel your old service/set-up new service
- Transfer school, medical, and veterinary records
- Book any travel arrangements you may need
- Place items that you plan to move yourself in a separate area
- Pack a suitcase with clothing, toiletries, and other necessities for the first few days in your new home
- Pack a box for items you will need right away such as garbage bags, toilet paper, wet wipes, cleaning supplies, phone, etc.
- Confirm your reservation with the moving company
- Read the bill of lading prepared by your mover before signing it
- Note any damage to possessions as they are brought into your new home
To begin, you will need boxes, cushioning materials such as bubble wrap and packing tissue, scissors, box cutters, box labels, permanent markers--but no tape.
Smooth Move™ Box Selection
- Start packing in a space that is not often used such as a basement or garage
- Set up a folding table so you can pack boxes at a comfortable height
- Pack heavier items at the bottom of a box and more delicate items near the top
- Line the bottom of the box with cushioning materials such as bubble wrap, packing tissue, or even paper towels
- Wrap fragile items in bubble wrap or tissue paper before packing them up
- Fill open spaces inside your box with towels or linens to minimize the risk of damage
- Top off the box with more cushioning materials before you close it up
- Write or place a “fragile” sticker on boxes with delicate items
- Keep the weight of each box below 40 lbs., especially when packing books
- Avoid placing items from different rooms in the same box
- List the room and box contents on a label for each box
- Mark both the top and side of the box for easy identification
- Label the boxes that need to be unpacked first with a different color marker
- Use a dolly to move stacked boxes
We recommend that you refer to the guidelines below when choosing box sizes:
Small Moving BoxDimensions: 12 x 12 x 16 inches (H x W x D)
Use the small size for packing compact or heavy items
like photo albums, CDs, books, dishes, glassware, etc.Medium Moving BoxDimensions: 16 x 18 x 18 inches (H x W x D)
Use the medium size for packing mid-weight items like
kitchen appliances, toys, or shoes.Large Moving BoxDimensions: 18 x 18 x 24 inches (H x W x D)
Use the large size for packing lighter, bulkier items,
such as towels, bedding, cushions, or clothing.Other Moving Kit Item
sStorage Box Labels
The most convenient way to label moving boxes! Available in white or assorted colors for easy color-coded organization.Roll-Stor Tubes
Transport important documents and posters without folding or wrinkling the paper. Create Your Moving Kit
It’s always best to have more packing supplies on hand than you think you need, so you can avoid making any last-minute trips for supplies. Use the chart below to determine the approximate number of Smooth Move™ Moving Boxes you will need to create the ideal moving kit.
| ||Small Box ||Medium Box ||Large Box || |
|Living Room ||5 ||6 ||2 || |
|Kitchen ||3 ||4 ||2 || |
|Dining Room ||3 ||2 ||1 || |
|Den/Home Office ||6 ||3 ||1 || |
|1 Bedroom (each) ||3 ||4 ||3 || |
|1 Bathroom (each) ||4 ||2 ||1 || |
|Garage or Storage Area ||2 ||4 ||2 || |