5.0 out of 5 stars a LOT of scope for a little cash
Published on December 15, 2011 by Derek

2.0 out of 5 stars terrible
Couldn't get it sighted in with my Remington 700 7mm. Every time I shot it thew it off
Published 2 days ago by Coy Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars a LOT of scope for a little cash, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
I will start by saying that this is the third Banner line scope I have owned, and my 9th Bushnell scope. I have had excellent luck with their products, and this scope is a great example of why I will continue to use Bushnell optics. For the money, the Banner line offers good glass and coatings. I like them as much as many of my more expensive scopes. This model impresses me even more than the 6-24x40 Banner that I have on my Savage mk2 btv. The 6-24 is great, but at the higher powers in low light, the image becomes somewhat dim and eye position is very crucial. That doesn't matter much on a bright day at the range, so it is fine for that rifle, but this 6-18x50 model is so much brighter at all magnification levels, and is much less picky about eye positioning at 18x. The image quality is very good, the coatings are good at controlling flare, and the magnification and parallax rings both turn smoothly enough. Everything about this scope seems too good to be true at this price. Basically, if you want a scope for long range precision shooting and the lighting may not always be the best, this may be your best choice if you are on a limited budget.

The only things I don't like, or think that a potential buyer should consider are:

This scope is not very heavy for its size, but it is large, and may be too big to look appropriate on some rifles.
The scope will require very high rings on most rifles so that the objective bell may clear the barrel. If your stock does not have a raised cheekpiece, you will have trouble getting a good cheek weld. If you have a straight-backed stock without a raised cheekpiece, you will want to either modify/replace your stock, or go with a scope with a 40mm objective. For a compact rifle with no cheekpad, I can't recommend anything more highly than the Super Banner 3.5-10x36mm scope. It is one of the most enjoyable and useful scopes I own, because it works equally well on a squirrel rifle, a target gun, or a deer rifle, and doesn't add too much bulk or weight for the quality it delivers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long time owner, November 23, 2010
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
I bought this scope in 1999 and put it on my model 700 BDL 25-06. I consistently get 1/2" groups year after year. The light gathering capabilities of this scope are comparable with scopes costing much more. Many whitetail have fallen because of this scope and my trusty Remington. I would prefer easier to get to sight adjustments though. Good hunting!

4.0 out of 5 stars i have it on my Savage model 10 50 cal muzzle loader., April 25, 2013
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
This scope has a fantastic field of view with the 50mm and great magnification, the dusk til dawn is wonderfull. I had this scope for one season and had trouble getting a zero out of it, but was close and hunted it anyways, got a nice Doe. The next year with hours and hours of fine tuning i still couldnt reach zero and sent it back to Bushnell for service/repair. They charged me like $50 totall and sent it back to me, the sheet stated they had made corrections and the scope was now good. I remounted and again spent hours trying to get a good zero, i couldnt keep it tight. and at that point i started noticing that the turrets were "grinding" and one click sometimes felt like 3 clicks.. weird, and the focus sounded like it had sand in it when adjusting. I had enuff, i removed the scope and broke out my note pad, for every problem i wrote it down and taped it to the scope and mailed it in. I also made mention in the note of ALOT of wasted time and ammo, as well as one servicing being done already.. within about two weeks i got a new Bushnell box via UPS and inside was a brand new scope. The new scope has been very very good, i took another Doe durring muzzleloading season with it this year. My experience was with defective scope, and iffy repair service, then a new scope and all was better. Im glad Bushnell decided to send me a new scope as i had lost all faith in my first one. I own 3 Banners and One Elite.. if you can afford the elite, i highly recomend them.
I hope you found my review helpfull in your decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Product at this Price Point, August 23, 2010
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
The Zoom range is very nice 6x gives you plenty of field of view. At 18X you don't need a spotting scope with you and you can really zoom in on your target area for some precision shooting.

I have it mount on a varmint AR-15 with a 24" barrel. I was able to produce some crazy small groups with this setup.

Shooting .223/5.56mm did not throw it off zero or rattle anything loose.

I added some butler creek flip up lens covers:
Butler Creek Flip-Up Rifle Scope Lens Cover #17 Eyepiece (Rear)
Butler Creek Flip-Up Rifle Scope Lens Cover #47 Objective (Front)

I used xx-high weaver tactical rings.

I highly reccomend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice scope, April 10, 2012
Marine01 (Camp Lejeune, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
Put this scope on top of my .300 WSM as a replacement for a Lupold with a broken cross hair turret knob. Optics are very crisp and clear at all yardages, percision windage and elevation adjustments. After bore sight I had scope dialed in at 200 yard zero in no time continued to hold true after 75 rounds. Target identfication at 500 yards was no problem on the x18 setting.

I do not think I have ever owned a "bad" Bushnell scope, this one is no exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope, February 1, 2014
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
Ive had this scope for about a year and a half now. Its mounted on my Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 w/ AICS chassis. I have fired easily 1k rounds with this scope on the gun, and it has been rock solid. Visibility is great, even in low light conditions. Could the glass be better? Sure. But you'll have to pay $500 more for a scope that beats this one. For the price, it is seriously the best. I am honestly shocked that this scope has withstood all the abuse ive put it through. But it has, so I decided to write this review to encourage others to purchase. You wont regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is woth the money., September 8, 2013
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
If you Want a decent scope that can stand the pounding it takes from a .308, then this is your scope. I previously bought a Barska scope that shook to pieces after 12 shots. After 3 hours of shooting, and more than 60 rounds, I shot my best pattern of the day at 100 yards, and I am not that great a shot ! The adjustments are not as smooth as a $4,000 scope, bit it is not a 4k scope, and bottom line is, it worked fine for me. Two thumbs up For Bushnell.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
I put this on a rem 700 270. I'm doing 200yrd shots so I needed something that could reach out there. It has a good zoom and is clear from 25yrd to 200+. Down side is u need to use taller scoop mounts. I used med and removed my irons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, December 5, 2011
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
The image on this scope is clean and clear. Zoom and focus options are easy to use and powerful. Incredible distance for the price. This scope is just as good as ones that cost 5 times as much. I'm very happy with my investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat (Sports)
excellent product, fits really well on my M1A. even after i put 300 rounds through it, the scope still kept its zero.

Banner 6-18X50 Multi-X Ao Mat