5.0 out of 5 stars 2009 Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:18 Mins
Previously owned a straight slide, the curve adds a good twist. The fact that don't have to get off of the slide to get back to the ladder will go a long way towards keeping it clean. There are a couple seams at the top that are unraveling. Going to patch that this weekend before it gets worse.
Published on June 25, 2009 by Jennifer

3.0 out of 5 stars Busted right away
Within the first two hours two of the seams at the top of the slide busted. I went to the store, bought a large sewing needle and some heavy guage nylon thread and repaired the seams myself. I figured this would be the quickest, least stressful way to resolve the issue. So far so good. The kids have enjoyed days of use without further incident.

If you are a...
Published on June 8, 2009 by P. Grauel

5.0 out of 5 stars 2009 Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park, June 25, 2009
Length:: 3:18 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 15, 2010
This review is from: Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park (Toy)
We previously owned a smaller slide from a knock-off company and it finally tore apart after two summers of hard use. Despite the spotty reviews on this one, we bought it for half retail price in the Fall and gave it to our kids (4 and 6) for Christmas. Oh the pain of having to wait for warm TX weather to use it! But it was so worth the wait. We have used it several times now with no problems and the kids are THRILLED with it. Here are my tips and observations:

Dump a few ounces of tear-free soap at the top of the slide ramp and along the outer edge of the curve. This has many benefits: It helps to prevent fabric burns on knees, elbows, shoulders, etc that come into contact with a dry part during sliding. It makes the slide a bit faster. It creates bubbles in the pool part, which the kids enjoy. It helps to clean the fabric and gives it a nice scent (instead of mold).

When the kids are done, drain the pool, grab the top handle of the stair part and flip the whole thing upside down while it's running. This allows water to come out of the footholds and the air chambers. (I'm not sure why this slide takes water into the air chambers along the bottom, but it does. And for some reason it leaks back out much better upside down.) Finally, you're going to want to allow a couple hours after use to keep it up and running in order for it to dry. Be sure to drag it to a dry spot in the yard so it'll dry underneath too. If you fold it up damp at all, it will grow mold. (They all do that.)

Yes it's heavy. It's a huge water slide. But I'm a 5'3" woman and I can set it up and take it down by myself. In fact, this is the very first inflatable I've ever had that I could actually get to fit in the storage bag provided. It takes some precision folding, but I've gotten that sucker into the bag all by myself every time.

My last tip is that this is actually fun to use dry as well. You won't be able to slide on it, but my kids have spent hours of imaginative play with it in the evenings after school this spring. They pretend it's a ship and they sit in the crow's nest (top of the slide) to look out over the ocean. They throw out anchors in storms and save mermaids and lots of other missions that require endless trips up and down the ramp. Our own backyard theater production.

So far no problems with any rips or tears in the seams, and that's even with two jack russells that constantly jump onto the lower air chambers, with their sharp little talons. I highly recommend this slide, but it's not worth retail price. Find it like we did at half price, no tax and free shipping... That's a deal worth buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Busted right away, June 8, 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park (Toy)

If you are a handy person the seams should not be a huge issue. The first seperation was about twelve inches and took about ten minutes to repair, the second seperation was just a couple of inches, and only took a couple of minutes. Was it aggravating? YES! ...but stuff happens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Water slide mayhem, January 7, 2010
This review is from: Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park (Toy)
My eleven year old son and I shopped Amazon for a waterslide last summer and were a bit confused on which one to purchase. So we decided to read the reviews that people had made. We were fortunate to have done this. The waterslide my son picked out that looked the coolest in the pictures turned out to be a dangerous one. As several reviews of the same product were consistent. I am praising AMAZON for this method of rating products and I hope this review we are writing helps someone make a good choice. Having said that, the Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park is an AWESOME slide. This slide is steep with a 180 degree banked curve that gives the kids a ride. Add a little soap and look out. Use kids shampoo that is easy on the eyes. The pool at the end of the curve fills up quickly adding a cushion after the bank curve. The slide has been well used and abused all summer long with no problems. A small learning curve to storing the slide after a long day. Difficult to move when wet (heavy and bulky). I quickly learned to turn the water off, turn off the blower and the pool will empty quickly. After that turn the blower back on and the slide will self dry quickly in the sun. Then it is a breeze to fold and store. It is also easy to move around when it is blown up.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SLIDE, IT IS LARGE ENOUGH FOR ADULTS :-))))

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing and a huge headache, June 25, 2009
This review is from: Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park (Toy)
Having purchased two of the large Banzai slides (one after the other) and having the seams split on both on the FIRST day I have given up on Banzai products. It was a huge headache to put up and take down. When the seam split on top, water poured into the interior of the slide and was impossible to empty. [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun - lots of work but worth it. Product works., August 17, 2009
Conrad F. Hahn (Towaco, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park (Toy)
I investigated this slide for a year before buying. The reviews scared me but when the price came down I bought it. It has been great so far. The kids (6 and 4) love it. We have used it 6 times now and the slide is fine. No rips or broken hoses. Overall this is a good product but I will point out some flaws and some helpful tips. The lack of 'padding' in the pool is a potential problem. The landing could be a bit hard so I use heavy moving blankets at the bottom of the slide. (placed under the pool) I would like to see the 'wall' that surrounds the curve a little higher as the kids come close to going over sometimes. The wall is strong though. The biggest tip that I can offer is something that I have not heard anyone mention before. (not sure why) Once the pool fills with water the only place it can go is out of the pool and onto the grass. After hours of playing the waste of water and the damage to the lawn can be great. I always wondered why nobody was using a small utiity pump to recirculate the water through the system so I tried it. It worked great. I used a Home Depot 1/12 HP utility pump. (the type that uses garden hoses) I had a few 'suction' issues but they are easily corrected by filling the pool a bit higher than I did or using the attachment that comes with the pump. (you may have to modify the attachment slightly to allow more water to flow) If you opt to just use the hose end I suggest attaching a nylon to the end as grass and dirt will get into the tubes and it causes the spray pattern to get scattered. I ran the pump and the blower off the same outlet and had no problems with overload. I ran them both for 2 hours straight and had no problems. Lastly I will mention the same thing that almost all others have mentioned. This thing is heavy and it is a bear to handle on your own as I do. Putting it up is not bad but taking it down and putting it away takes a lot of work. I still have not come up with a good plan for this yet. I did buy one of those large tubs with wheels but it was not big enough to fit the slide. I will keep looking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Banzai Wipeout Curve Slide, July 23, 2009
This review is from: Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park (Toy)
We bought the Banzi waterslide in May, my kids used it three times and the seams ripped!! My kids do not feel comfortable with it. Tried to return it was unable to -- mind you within two months!! They said that they would repair the one I have -- well it is the June today, when will I receive my new one?? Not a happy person after spending all of this money :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!!!, June 28, 2009
This review is from: Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park (Toy)
My son and his friends absolutely love this slide!! My son has spent hours already playing on it and won't leave me alone about setting it up.

Let me say that it is very heavy and hard to store. The bag they send is a joke. This is the 3rd slide we've had and this is so big that it won't fit in a little tikes rolling bag. So i just wrap it up as tight as i can and just store it in the garage.

The slide itself does not go as fast as my son likes. HOWEVER, we have bought cheap little inner tubes and he and his friends fly down the slide and curve on those.

I must say that this is the first slide that I actually felt like the picture matched the product. I was amazed to see that the pool actually filled up and held quite a bit of water. (It does create quite a mess when you unplug it)

My son loves this slide so it was well worth the money! (it was on clearance at toysrus)

1.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if it was manufactured with quality!, August 29, 2009
grandmommak "grandmommak" (Siren, WI United States) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park (Toy)
We bought ours about 1 month ago. The kids absolutely love it. We would to if it was constructed as well as the original Banzai. Some of the seams are reinforced but not all of them. Where they are not reinforced the stitching lets loose and you lose air and stability. It is fading from the sun and mold all over it. It has been used everyday so we don't understand why it should mold. We dry it totally between uses. We never had that problem with the original Banzai. The quality is extremely poor and it's made in China. Not worth the money. We are returning it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Waterslide, June 8, 2009
This review is from: Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park (Toy)
This is really a great waterslide. Two twin 6 year olds have enjoyed it so much. It is heavy duty - made very well - I think the only complaint we have is we cannot get the plug back in that is in the pool part. We have had several adults try and no one can get it in. We of course opened the plug when we wanted the water to drain...(which you would do often) - they should make a screw on screw off plug.... now we cannot get it back in. But outside of that, this slide is alot of fun...

Banzai Wipeout Curve Water Park