Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Flavor: Clam|Size: 15 Ounce (Pack of 6)|Change

on May 5, 2013
I was planning to order a six-pack of this to try, but saw it on the shelf of a local organic market first. I bought one can and used it to make a beloved fisherman's soup. Short story: watered down and very little flavor. First seafood stock I've ever used that did not have a seafood aroma, indeed, little aroma at all.

I'm sticking with More Than Gourmet Classic Seafood Stock, which I've previously rated at 5 stars. In fact, I used a healthy dose of that concentrate to save this Sunday night's fisherman's soup dinner.
on March 16, 2012
My order came in the swift, efficient Amazon fashion we've all come to expect. I wish Amazon could have made this product. Amazon does things thoroughly and very well indeed. Sadly, it seemed to me the fish stock I ordered was not much more than clam juice. It was not a usable fish stock. I tried reducing it, but the result was too salty for inclusion in any dish. I'm sorry about this. Bar Habour, the town, is very familiar, and I'm fond of it. This makes me feel I'm profaning its name, when in fact, it's only this product that discourages me.
VINE VOICEon March 22, 2013
I first had clear broth clam chowder at Legal Seafoods in Boston. Delicious. I try to avoid artery clogging foods, and creamy clam chowder is off my list.

I purchased a pound of frozen clams, a case of this broth, and a few other ingredients for a recipe called Rhode Island Clam Chowder. Although the ingredients included some butter, olive oil, thyme, diced onions and diced potatoes, the clam broth was the overwhelming flavor in this dish. I actually couldn't taste the effect of the onions or fresh thyme leaves. The soup was so delicious, that I went to bed thinking about the flavor, and enjoying the flavor until I dozed off. Less than 30 minutes to make, including prep/cooking time. I think 3 ingredients, the broth, the clams, potatoes, and possibly some butter, would suffice and cut prep time down to minutes. And yes. I enjoyed it every bit as much as I enjoyed the chowder at Legal seafoods. Another benefit was the aroma. The aroma reminded me of the aroma you get when you walk into a quality seafood house.
on July 22, 2012
It's not easy finding good fish stock. If I want really good stock, strong fish stock, I make it myself. Can't always do that though. I've gone through a few cases of this product and have been happy with the results every time I've used it. Unlike other fish stock that is primarily vegetable broth (e.g., Kitchen Basics Seafood Stock), this product is represented to be, and tastes like, 100% fish stock. They do uses spices (onion, celery, dry white wine, lemon, bay leaves, salt, whole peppercorns, parsley). It tastes good but I don't really notice any of the spices. So the use of spices seems to be minimal, which for me is good. I like to add my own spices. They claim the product has all-natural ingredients, which I also like. Anyway, I recommend this product.
on April 14, 2014
Needed Fish Stock to poach some fish and this provided just what I needed. Wanted to experiment before providing the dish at a dinner party and I was satisfied that all will love the fish that I poach in this stock.
VINE VOICEon October 28, 2012
There are dozens of recipes for clam chowder on the Internet, so I will not repeat them when they recommend using a good clam stock, which this stock certainly is, indeed. But, if you happen to have some boiled white fish and some sauteed onion, throw them into a can or two of this stock along with half a cup of whole milk and heat in the microwave. Add a few oyster crackers, and a drop or two of hot sauce, and you will be all set for easily prepared bowls of soup. Even minus the boiled fish and onions, when I have the sniffles I like to heat a cup of this clam stock and drink it with or without a shot of hot sauce.

The price is right and I will be reordering this item soon.
on February 17, 2014
Trying to make clam chowder. I have tried several recipies and still looking. Most called for fish sauce. Yuck. It was so salty that even my husband who likes a lot of salt couldn't eat it. Tried the clam stock and it was a lot better. Still looking for a better recipe.
on November 23, 2011
This is a great way to have fish stock on hand when you need it. We've used it to make soup, to poach fish, and to make polenta to go with seared scallops. Our neighbors (foodies) said it was the best polenta they'd ever had. It really gives a unique flavor. We'll try it for making a seafood risotto next. Enjoy!
on September 19, 2013
Very disappointing -- Snow's is the best product available, but quite costly. I tasted the product before adding to the chowder, and was surprised at the lack of flavor.
on April 22, 2013
I purchased this product hoping to use it wirh seafood dishes for pasta and perhaps for bloody mary drinks. It is OK for food recipes, but way too thin for drinks.