5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked like a street bum on crack
Published on March 19, 2009 by D. Fantasia

1.0 out of 5 stars Price is a rip off
You can get a 21oz can of Bar Keepers Friend from Lowes for just 1.98
Almost twice as much product for less than half the cost save your money for a better deal.
Published 14 months ago by Matthew

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm hooked like a street bum on crack, March 19, 2009
This review is from: Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ (Kitchen)
I use this stuff for almost everything. Cleaning sinks, bathtubs, toilets, calphalon pans, stainless steel pans, my grill, stainless steel anything, silverware, the kitchen sink, and best of all is the glass in our shower. I have tried EVERYTHING to get the hard water spots off of our shower glass, but CLR and Lime Away didn't do the job. I found this and BAM! With minimal scrubbing I was able to make my shower glass crystal clear. I've gotten so many hooked on this stuff and they keep telling me new uses for it.

UPDATE: (January 19th 2011) This stuff is still amazing, but be aware that this is an acid and can eat through things if left on too long or not cleaned. ALSO, this is an abrasive! DO NOT USE IT ON CHEAP CHROME PLATING as I used this on a cheap shower trinket to get the soap off of and the chrome began to crack, flake and the metal rusted (this goes back to it being a strong acid). ALSO, I'm a man who is not a big fan and do not condone the use of men using "Moisturizer". Using this stuff on bare hands can dry the hands out as it cleans them a bit too well. I tend to protect my delicate.. I mean manly hands with nitrile gloves. ALSO, do not leave the chemical on stainless too long. It will blotch it white if left on TOO long. My guess is that it eats at ferrous metals or possibly the chromium content.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff made me mad!, October 11, 2010
Scott (Dearborn Heights, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ (Kitchen)
We had a red stain in the kitchen sink. I went to Home Depot and grabbed this stuff because it was $1.79. I take it home and use it on the sink, it got the stain out. The next day I decided to use it on the tub. Keep in mind that the tub was from the 1920's and it looked like it, it was gray in color. So I put a little BKF on the tub and started scrubbing. That's when I got irritated with it because the gray on the tub turned to slime and started to come off and reveal the white of the porcelain. I hate cleaning the tub and usually put as minimal effort into cleaning it. But I knew that the tub would look awesome totally white again. I probably cleaned off scum from at least 40 years of tenants prior to us. This product rocks.
Here is a tip. I use it on my ceramic tile in the entire bathroom. The tip is to use a green scrubby pad and lightly wet it. Put the BKF on the pad and put it all over the tile. It will be slightly sudsy. Leave it on and let it dry till it looks like chalk all over your tile. Take a dry terrycloth towel and wipe it off. Your tile will look like a mirror!
Its funny how through creative marketing products that actually work like this one get lost. People end up buying less effective products because they smell nice. Then the younger generations get a hold of products like BKF and think its the greatest thing since sliced bred, only to find out that our grandparents have been using it for decades.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Removed Hard Water Stain from Shower Glass Door! Wow!!, June 18, 2010
This review is from: Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ (Kitchen)
I live in Seattle WA. Since our waters are different from State to State, I thought I should mention that. I moved into this new house 5 years ago, and since then shower glass doors became dull and dim due to hard water stain. As we all know, cleaning the hard water stain from shower glass door is almost impossible! Like many, I have tried many, many cleaners: CLR, Lime-Away, Windex, Oxyclean, etc... But they did not remove hard water stains. Until I tried Bar Keepers Friend (BKF). Since it was less than two dollars, I thought I would give it a try. And wow!!! It works!! My shower glass door is clean and looks new! My wife was shocked!!!

But here is how you do it (steps 1-6 should take about 10-15mins):
1. Get a window scrubber that will clean tough stains (not sponges). I found one in Home Depot.
2. Wet the shower glass door with water.
3. Apply BKF directly to a wet glass scrubber.
4. Then apply it to shower glass door.
5. Scrub in a circular motion, then side to side and up and down.
6. Rinse the shower glass door thoroughly.
7. REPEAT the process (1-6) next 4 days.

Step 7 is important. You will not see the radical difference right away. I saw the difference in two days. But after four days, the shower glass door looks brand new. It is worth it!

BKF = less than $2.00
Scrubber = $4.00
A Joy of seeing the incredibly clean shower glass door = priceless

4.0 out of 5 stars Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ (Kitchen)
Great product, but use with extreme caution. This should come with a larger, more noticeable warning on the front *and* the back of the label. This is a fantastic scrubber that will remove old mineral deposits and most stains especially from stainless steel. HOWEVER, I highly recommend doing small sections of whatever product you use it on. Start at a point farthest away from the drain and work your way towards it. It MUST be removed within just ONE MINUTE by rinsing thoroughly and completely, or it will leave its own stain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, November 7, 2010
This review is from: Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ (Kitchen)
Bar Keepers friend is awesome! We had some scratches on our toilet bowl from using a snake...poured some of the cleanser/polish in and let it sit and the scratches magically disappeared! AWESOME!!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, October 8, 2010
ny5 (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ (Kitchen)
This item is amazing, and everyone who has stainless steel pots should have this... it is amazing how nice your pots look after using this stuff... like brand new... and I was almost going to get rid of them and purchase a new set...

4.0 out of 5 stars Bar keepers friend, March 8, 2010
This review is from: Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ (Kitchen)
works excellent, however i would probably get the liquid form next time so it isn't as messy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Price is a rip off, May 15, 2013
You can get a 21oz can of Bar Keepers Friend from Lowes for just 1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Removing milky white oxidation from eyeglasses frames, November 20, 2010
This review is from: Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ (Kitchen)
I had a pair of black plastic designer eyeglasses frames that turned milky white on the temples and the frame fronts after about two years of wearing them. I tried a lot of automotive plastic conditioners to remove the milky white oxidation but nothing worked and some products actually made it much worse (i.e. ArmorAll wipes).

I had read an article on LifeHacker about using toothpaste to polish plastic and other materials and thought, hmmmm, I might be able to do the same for my glasses frames. The article didn't say how or why toothpaste worked but I figured the reason was because it had some grit in it. Unfortunately, the only toothpaste I had was a whitening type, so consequently, I was rather hesitant to try it since whitening was the problem I was having in the first place! I had used Bar Keepers Friend to polish other stuff in the past with great results so I decided to try in on my glasses frames. For example, Bar Keepers Friend also works marvelously at removing the windshield wiper streaks\scratches from your windshield.

To remove the oxidation, I made a paste of Bar Keepers Friend and water, and used my fingers and the paste to polish the black plastic. To mix the the paste, I used about 1 or 2 parts water to 1 part Bar Keepers Friend. It took about 3 minutes of rather firm rubbing per temple to remove the oxidation. When I was done polishing, I rinsed the frames with water, dried them with a towel and the black frames looked good as new. Note, I was careful to not rub the paste on the lens because I'm sure it would remove the anti-glare coating. The Bar Keepers Friend paste had just enough grit to remove the milky white oxidation and restore the shine, but not enough to leave any noticeable scratches in the plastic. All in all, it worked like a champ and saved me $$$ by not having to buy new glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff!, January 26, 2008
This review is from: Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ (Kitchen)
It's really hard to find in our area- Williams Sonoma is the only place I've found and they want a lot more $ for it. I use it on my AllClad, which I want to take good care of, as well as on stainless sinks.

Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish: 12 OZ