As Pearl Jr. describes, this is a dvd about hope, change, inspiration, and equality - for all Americans.

It's incredibly moving, no matter who you voted for, and no matter which party you represent. This DVD touches your soul.

Published on November 17, 2008 by Carmen Matthews

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much substance
This was worth watching, for Michelle Obama and Barack Obama's speeches at the end, but most of the movie is just rhetoric from other people talking about how great Obama is. It doesn't shine very much light onto the audience about who he is behind the regular campaign hype.

Published on August 16, 2010 by Tristan Heberlein

5.0 out of 5 stars He's Picking Up Where Martin Luther King, Jr. & John Kennedy Left Off, November 17, 2008
This review is from: Barack Obama: The Power of Change (DVD)

Initially, when I decided to watch this, and review it, this evening, I had timelines in mind. But five minutes into this dvd erased all thoughts of time. I was moved by every speaker in this dvd, especially Caroline Kennedy, Oprah and Michelle Obama.

Ms. Kennedy's OpEd in the "New York Times" describes Barack Obama as someone who inspires people the way that she heard that her father, John Kennedy inspired people.

You can't help but to be moved by such a powerfully beautiful endorsement.

Her endorsement eloquently segues to several changes that Obama will make, once he is in the White House, changes that will enhance the lives of families, in a way that will truly improve the chance for families, communities, cities, states and our country to dream, relax, and live better lives.

During this dvd, Oprah is speaking at a campaign rally, on the UCLA campus. It is actually Superbowl Sunday.

She thanks the supporters for making time to have this party about change that we can believe in.

It's interesting to note how she squashed the naysayer's stance that Obama didn't have experience. Using Tony Morrison's quote, she said, "He has creative imagination and wisdom."

Oprah, who had been "challenged" by others who thought she was betraying women by not supporting Hilary Clinton's campaign, had also been seen as supporting Barrack Obama, simply because she is black.

Her response to both of these narrow-minded ideas was "This election is a declaration of victory for women's rights and civil rights."

Now, for Michelle Obama's moving speech, I was so in awe that I must replay that portion again - at least three times.

One of her most valuable statements, in this dvd is, "When you see me, I want you to see what an investment into public education looks like."

She's able to talk about the blue collar worker, based upon her upbringing, and not have to be one in her delivery.

She uses the words, "my girls" as a sort of metaphor for her vision of change for all children of the world. She speaks from a proven life of being driven to achieve, watching her parents do what was necessary to put her into Harvard, then Princeton, and seeing now how difficult it is for families to do this, and survive, not only along the way, but also afterwards.

And, when Barack Obama gives his speech, at the end of this dvd, I am reminded of one line in his November 4, 2008 acceptance speech, "For those of you who didn't vote for me, I will be your president too."

This is a wonderful dvd that shows what it is like to dream big and have the right people support your dreams.

Buy this dvd, play it, and have discussions that move you into acting upon your dreams.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Piece History!, November 15, 2008
Ghostwriter (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barack Obama: The Power of Change (DVD)
As a man still in his 50's, I often wished I had more historic momentos of other great men, like Martin L. King, Jr and John F. Kennedy. This dvd is a great piece of history that I can share with my grandchildren. Barack Obama will go down in history as the first African American President and I'm glad I have this dvd to relive such a monumental time in history

5.0 out of 5 stars Michelle Obama was my favorite!, November 15, 2008
This review is from: Barack Obama: The Power of Change (DVD)
Even though there are lots of high profile supporters featured in this DVD, Michelle Obama's words were so powerful and inspirational that I now know why Barack married her and calls her his best friend.

This DVD highlights speeches and interviews that were rarely seen by the public.

I was inspired all over again!

1.0 out of 5 stars change?, August 6, 2012
Wrong kind of change. Don't want to be a commie. Change my backside! Won't even watch this crap. If I could give less than one star I would give -100.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much substance, August 16, 2010
Tristan Heberlein "tristano" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barack Obama: The Power of Change (DVD)

There's gotta be much better documentaries out there about Obama that are more informative about who he is off-stage.

1.0 out of 5 stars It was all a fraud. They sold America a lie., June 18, 2014
This is all the same empty promises. Let's face the facts. They all defrauded the country to make themselves richer on the backs of the working man. This is not change at all. Just more of the same corruption but on crack. This country will fail in the next few years to come. All because of this administration and greed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Man of Courage, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Barack Obama: The Power of Change (DVD)
The road has not been easy for this man of courage who ran for a won a second term in the office of President of the United States. He has the tenacity and determination to see his Presidency through 2016. This will be added to my collection of Barack Obama memoribilia.

3.0 out of 5 stars Barack Obama - Inauguration soon, January 15, 2009
This review is from: Barack Obama: The Power of Change (DVD)
This DVD is definitely alright, but I feel like I wanted to see something a lot more comprehensive. I've been following Obama's campaign from the very beginning, and I have to say that it's been a long journey to success. The best DVD I've seen so far has been President Barack Obama: The Man and His Journey. Vivendi Entertainment put it out, and it is so much more informative. It has special features (like a Presidential trading card) and interviews with Martin Luther King III, George Lopez, and more. It's so well made that I was even more impressed AFTER I watched it at how incredible Obama and the campaign have been. I've heard that it officially comes out Inauguration Day--January 20th. I don't mean to completely bash the PBS DVD, I just think that there's better out there. Plus, it's a keepsake essentially--a great way to look back at how we lived through such a historic election.

1.0 out of 5 stars What are you selling?, November 14, 2008
This review is from: Barack Obama: The Power of Change (DVD)
Nice artwork. What are you selling? I received a SPAM email about this product, so I would like to know what you are selling, really.

Barack Obama: The Power of Change
Barack Obama: The Power of Change by Pearl Jr (DVD - 2008)
$7.95