5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet, healthy treat
Low sugar, low fat, a measured amount, and sweet and chocolatey enough to satisfy my evening sweet tooth cravings.
Published on January 2, 2008 by Ann

3.0 out of 5 stars Did the recipe change?
Published on April 1, 2012 by Greenbyoo

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet, healthy treat, January 2, 2008
This review is from: Barbara's Bakery Snackimals Animal Cookies, Chocolate Chip, 2.125-Ounce Bags (Pack of 18) (Grocery)

3.0 out of 5 stars Did the recipe change?, April 1, 2012
I notice that the most positive reviews are from a few years ago, and the most negative reviews are more recent. We used to buy these in larger containers at the local "healthy supermarket," and my family really liked them. That was a few years ago. Now, they sit in the back of the pantry and no one touches them--either the recipe changed or my family's tastes changed. They are dry, about half of them are broken, and they taste like sweetened cardboard. (We have the vanilla variety.) The individual packs are handy for hikes and portable snacks, but I've noticed that they frequently come back unopened. Guess I'll look for an alternative.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crumbly goodness, October 19, 2007
Perfect, healthy, world-conscious snack. The cookies can be a bit crumbly, but the taste overrides this fact. I love buying from a company that cares about our world and is environmentally conscious.

5.0 out of 5 stars You're never too old for animal crackers, October 6, 2008
Lefteyes (Princeton, NJ) - See all my reviews
Barbara's Snackimals make me feel like a kid, but now that I'm a bit older, it's nice to know that these are a bit healthier. The oatmeal variety taste great and have a unique texture. I prefer the snack-sized bags, otherwise I'd eat the whole thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy, May 8, 2009
DD (SF Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
These are really delicious cookies and they are far healthier than most of the junk in the stores. They are full of all natural ingredients, no high fructose or additives here. I gave a couple of bags to my uncle who was eating one of the name brand chocolate chip cookies (ahoy matey) and he's switching brands. I haven't tried any of the other flavors but as an adult who loves chocolate I can tell you that these are very yummy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Cookies, February 8, 2009
Very good product. They are a tasty animal cookie with just the right sweetness. This is an easy way to satisfy a "sweet tooth" without the guilt of eating something heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Best Healthy Cookies Out There!, September 12, 2008
These chocolate chip cookies are addicting! They are the best tasting cookies out there, and they are healthy for you too! They are crisp, fresh, and have an even amount of chocolate vs cookie flavor. They are not animal crackers by any means.

The only thing I would suggest is to make sure you have them delivered to some place cool (not to your door step on a hot July day!) as one batch came out a little not-so-crisp, and I'm pretty sure it was because of that.

These cookies are almost twice as expensive in the stores where I live if I buy them by the bag. Forget that! I'm sticking with them here on Amazon!
Thanks, Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars love 'em!, December 26, 2007
I am always looking for a snack that is low in sugar and organic, these are perfect. I love them as much as my 2yo.

4.0 out of 5 stars crunchy giraffes, March 13, 2009
Lefteyes (Princeton, NJ) - See all my reviews
All of the Snackimals varieties are a treat -- crunchy, satisfying, and fun to eat. I like the Wheat-Free variety best, but vanilla is a close second. Just be aware that the snack-sized bags are actually two-servings (for those conscious of sugar/cal intake), so don't forget to share and make those around you feel like kids too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum!!, September 5, 2007
Heather B "Mom of Four" (Washington United States) - See all my reviews
This was another great find on Amazon Grocery!! They are very tasty, crunchy little cookies. My family has really enjoyed these, they have a great mild chocolate taste and quite the crunch. Most of the animal crackers/cookies that I've purchased for my family have become dismembered sometime before my children get them out of the package, these are mostly whole and you can really tell what the critter is before you pop it in your mouth ... Extra fun snack time for the little ones. All in all, the box of cookies is well worth the price and I feel good about packing healthier snacks in my children's backpacks for school.