Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 29, 2012
I did Insanity inside for a while, but I got tired of moving furniture (actually my wife did) so I started working out in the garage. It has epoxy paint over the concrete floor - so very hard and slippery. This product sounded good for padding and grip, and at a reasonable price.
I ordered 5 packs to have enough for a 10' x 10' area to have enough room for a few of us to work out. There are enough leftovers so that I can expand it to 10' x 12' later.

The colors of the different packages did not all match. It wasn't horrible, but definitely noticeable. Pix coming later. Also it seemed that the like-color pieces fit together the best. There were plenty of edge and corner pieces. To get enough "middle edge" pieces, you have to trim some other edge pieces with a scissors, but it's not hard at all. There is a little plastic smell but it's not that noticeable, and it's going away.

We did insanity once.
Good news: the surface was really grippy and we didn't slip at all. This was a nice change - I'm used to slipping quite a bit. (OK, I sweat a lot).
Bad news: the tiles came apart in three places. After the workout, we flipped the mat over and taped every seam with 3M Scotch Pro Strength Duct Tape, 1.88-Inch by 60-Yard, 1-Pack (1260). And of course flipped it right-side up.

We did insanity again.
The problem was fixed - the pieces did not come apart at all. But now we noticed that the whole mat was sliding. So we anchored it with Intertape 9970 Indoor Carpet Tape 1.87-Inches x 36-Yards. A full-width stripe every 2 feet or so, and all around the edges just inside the border piece (so it anchored the 2' x 2' tile).

Insanity again, and it's working great.
I'd recommend it highly, as long as you get the two tapes.
11 comment|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2012
I read another review on here that said I wouldn't have enough edge pieces to assemble multiple mat packages into bigger mat. Not the case. I bought 2 packages and had all the edge pieces I needed to assemble them in a 4X3 configuration measuring 8'x6' and frame it so there were no jagged edges (even had a bunch of edge pieces left over.) The mat has good cushion and my toes don't slip when I do push-ups. Good color uniformity across the tiles. Very pleased. I spent $50 for 2 packages, you can't beat that. I saw some reviewers for other mats recommending not buying on Amazon and instead spending about $300 dollars to get specialty mats on some other rubber mat website, [...] If you follow that advice, I think you will overpay by several hundred dollars. These mats will do well for P90x, Insanity, or whatever workout needs you have, and for much less money. Highly recommend.
33 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2012
I purchased three of these puzzle mats, one of the three, after assembly, is 1 3/4" shorter in length than the other two, it is also slightly thinner. Looks like the manufacturer downgraded their newer lots? As a result, the smaller mat will not interconnect with the other two. Specifically, two of the mats measure 74 1/4" after assembly in length the other 72 1/2" after assembly.
review image
11 comment|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2012
I got these to protect my wood floor from the wear and tear of my home gym.

Have you seen the slash marks that Wolverine leaves behind. Leave your cat alone with this for a day and you'll think you've stepped into a comic book. Slashes, pieces of foam everywhere, they love these mats.

If you don't have cats, these mats are worth the money. If you have cats...
on September 24, 2012
I'm not sure if I am the only one who thought these were black based on the picture, but they are not black. They are grey and it is kind of a washed out grey. Not light grey but it just looks washed out. I don't know how to explain it other than that. I bought 3 sets and they shipped extremely fast. I have not put them to any tests yet but hope they hold up. I honestly expected them to feel more rubbery and heavier and not so much like the fun foam used in kids crafting. Once again that was probably just me so I'm not docking any stars for that.

1 star for fast shipping
1 star for being inexpensive
1 start for expecting them to work

Edit : took off another star since they don't match either ! I'll be uploading a picture .
review image review image
on November 22, 2011
I use this for P90x in my concrete garage. So far, it has held up well after a month or so of use. For reference, I work out on it, doing warmups and Plyometrics, yoga, etc, 3-4 times a week and I weight about 200 lbs. Definitely reduces the stress on my knees.
on October 24, 2011
These mats are a great addition to my workout area! I was worried they'd slip apart since I do high impact and high interval training workouts and they don't budge! I'm very happy with this purchase and the price is great!
on January 29, 2011
I bought this to protect my carpet in an indoor workout area and to provide more cushion for my legs as I was getting shinsplints from a workout that included lots of jumping. Bought 2 packages of 6 ea. that make up a 6'x8' area. I bought 1/2" as 3/8" seemed kind of thin and others mentioned that 3/4" becomes too soft and unstable. I imagine if you're doing any high impact/martial arts/plyometric/zumba type workout this product would be worthwhile.

Works well other than it gradually slides across the room (it's on carpet) if the edge isn't butting up against something and as others have mentioned if you're doing a "downward dog" type calf stretch your feet tend to slip back a little on this surface so I put my feet off the edge of the mat for this stretch.
on January 27, 2013
We ended up buying about 8 sets of these things. The packaging is all the same yet some are black and some are a bit silver and there is a whole range in between. Once we did our entire floor, it was clear there was some mismatch in not only the color but also the true squareness of some of them. I had to mix and match to get all to fit.
With that said, I've kept them since the purpose of the room is to work out and not look pretty. I figure if someone is spending a bunch of time looking at my work out floor, they are probably not that interested in working out. You will need to secure this stuff down if your planning on jumping around or from side to side.
on March 10, 2013
I bought several of these pads. The pads themselves are excellent in that they are comfortable and add sufficient padding for virtually any exercise I perform.

HOWEVER: I bought several of these sets to cover a relatively large room. The different sets didn't have the same dimensions. Some of the pads were as much as 3/4 of an inch larger than other ones. The quality control is very poor.

This is an ideal product if you only need one 6-piece set. But, if you plan to patch together many sets to cover a large space, then this isn't the right product.