Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

TOP 100 REVIEWERon December 17, 2009
This Barbie is definitely best left in the display case. She is quite lovely but when removed from the box she doesn't have half the attraction or sparkle. The dress just seems tacky outside the box and her hair and clothing doesn't seem to have the quality promised for the price.

Very beautiful in box - best left that way. I recommend this more for collectors who display their collections in box or in a display cabinet rather than people who buy this for older girls. There's not a lot to for those to love who aren't fanatic collectors.
on July 19, 2009
I loved the concept of this doll and was so excited to see her on local shelves. I was very disappointed, however, when I saw her up close. Her face is so unrealistic and so "unBarbie" to me. Of course I am of the first generation of Barbie fans and never have liked the large heads but she almost has a scary look to me. Her hair was also horrible--the ones I saw had very skimpy hair and it looked as though it needed shampooing. The doll did not look at all like the promotional photos I had seen even the dress material looked cheap although I do love the print. I left her on the shelf for someone else to buy and hope some of the other new Barbies will have more appeal to me.
66 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2013
This Barbie is so beautiful and elegant. I got this for a gift for my sister- a full grown woman with kids. She loved it- that tells you something! It might be my favorite Barbie I've ever seen. So colorful, bright, and interesting. You'll want to keep it in the box! In fact, I can't exactly speak for the hand feel of the fabrics because my sister did keep it in its box. But from very close up, through the plastic of the box, I could see that the dress and doll was of very good quality. Just so pretty.
on December 5, 2010
This doll is beautiful. But I recommend you dont get it for a little girl who loves to bite the heads off them. This doll was designed to be left in the box or a display shelf. not for carring around to the park.
on September 11, 2009
I love this Barbie, I actually grew up collecting them, but I bought this for my mom who raised me with them. She has some collectible Barbies but she loved this one the most!
on December 12, 2013
Gave her to my friend who is a Barbie collector and fanatic. She absolutely loved it. Worth every penny to see the smile on her face at her birthday. The waitress in the restaurant we were celebrating in complimented it and wanted to know where we got such a cool commemorative Barbie.
on February 21, 2010
WHEN I OPENED IT BROUGHT BACK SO MANY MEMORIES.I FELT LIKE A CHILD AGAIN. ALL OF THE OUTFITS I HAD AS A CHILD WERE ON THIS DRESS IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES.I HOPE SHE ENJOYES IT AS MUCH AS I DID JUST SEEING IT.
on January 21, 2013
I didn't originally like the design of the dress, but after receiving her and seeing the magnitude of the dress and box, I just fell in love! Some great vintage Barbie images sewn right into the dress! Great design from Robert Best (once again), highly recommended.
on February 25, 2011
She's lovely. She's not out of the box so she's not been played with. I bought it for my girls who are only 7.5 months old so it will be awhile to rate it on durability, if I let them play with it.
on July 27, 2012
I just got this doll yesterday! It was one of the first things I bought on amazon, so I went for the free super saver shipping because it was well FREE right! It took a little over a week for it to come... If you're in no hurry to receive the doll, then super saver shipping is a great way to save some money, but if you need it right away or just can't wait to have it in your possesion, then pay for shipping. After waiting so long for it to come, it finally arrived! I emediately oppened the packaging and the doll was lovely!!! I then took it out of it's box, that took a while. When I finally did, the doll had a few imperfections. The dress was wrinkled, the hair was matted down, and threads were hanging out everywhere. I ended up carefully washing her hair to make it less stiff. I then re-curled it using the boiling water method. I also fluffed the dress up a bit and snipped off the little loose threads. Now the doll looks stunning and it is in the center of my collection of barbies! I absolutely adore it!