4.0 out of 5 stars Another Nice Collector Barbie, June 29, 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Barbie Doll My Melody New (Toy)
This might be a bit too 'hoochie' for your under-15 year olds. It is, after all, a collector barbie. But the outfit and hair are beautifully done and she definitely has a Sanrio Japanese feel to the outfit. She's a great choice for girls who read a lot of manga or have a like of Japanese anime or manga.

5.0 out of 5 stars For decoration only!, November 23, 2010
This review is from: Barbie Doll My Melody New (Toy)
The Melody Barbie doll is labeled as a collector item for a good reason: it's only good for decoration purposes and isn't playable. This is the first time I bought a Barbie labeled as a collector item, just because I got tired of all the cookie-cutter barbies we have and thought this one would be lots of fun to play with. Well here's the deal, most of those acessories, and there are a lot of them, which is why I picked it, don't come off. the necklaces, headband and belt are all sawn onto the outfit and don't click off like regular Barbie accessories that are made for play, now this is perfect if you're using it for display, since it keeps things in place and prevents them from shifting. You CAN cut off the little pieces of thread to detach them from the outfit, but it doesn't look like one would be able to put them back on, which is why I haven't messed with it. The sunglasses, handbag, socks and shoes do come off, the bracelets seem like they do too, though I haven't removed any accessories intentionally, seeing how it's meant to be kept as-is. The shoes came off the feet a few times, but I just put them back on. Her arms and legs are set the way it shows in the picture, so her elbows and knees don't bend at all, but it's moveable at the shoulders and hips. She also has pink polish on her fingernails, which regular Barbies don't have and her face is definitely more unique than other cookie-cutter Barbies. It comes with a doll stand, first time I see one, so I don't know how it compares, but it seems to me like a great idea for a doll that's used for decoration purposes. Overall I'm very happy with it, despite it being more decorative than a toy and my daughter says it's the best doll ever because she can stand (with the doll stand), we both found her to be very pretty and unique and like having her around even if just for decor.

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous!, November 2, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Barbie Doll My Melody New (Toy)
This Barbie is really cool. It has lots of tiny details and you can look at it for a long time finding new and new stuff that you haven't noticed yet. And she goes with that thing on which she can stand - and that's very handy. And she's not like usual barbies with similar faces, she has the personality! She's thinner than other barbies though, so I'll have to adjust the dresses I bought, but I'll go with it, cause she's really worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely doll but packing needs to be improved, October 26, 2012
This review is from: Barbie Doll My Melody New (Toy)
I and my friends really love this doll, so I ordered one for each of us. The doll has nice hair, lovely lips. The most important thing is her necklace, handbag and belts are so useful that you can use them on other dolls. One thing I would recommend to the seller is - please pack them properly as when I received them, two of them the boxes were not in very good condition. Hope this can be improved in the future. Overall , i will still recommend this to barbie collectors. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the doll, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Barbie Doll My Melody New (Toy)
very goodddd~~ Thank you, really like the doll, It's very cute and the decoration is nice~ this is a pink label Barbie, I think it's worth the price~

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and cute, September 23, 2011
This review is from: Barbie Doll My Melody New (Toy)
I gave my daughter this doll on her third birthday, one of the first Barbies she ever received. She has now had the doll two years and two months, and she is still one of her favorite ones (and she probably has at least 75 dolls now). She has held up really well. She runs thinner than the other Barbie dolls because if you put regular Barbie clothes on her, they are always a little too wide. The arms don't bend, but my daughter likes how easily clothing slips off and on over her "skin" (she's not rubber that catches the clothing). Maybe it's for the collector, but at this price, I don't see why you wouldn't let them play with it. Isn't that the point of toys?

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat Doll, September 14, 2011
This review is from: Barbie Doll My Melody New (Toy)
This doll is really cute! I really like her outfit and accessories. I have not had any issues with this doll and it seems very durable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Kawaii!!, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Barbie Doll My Melody New (Toy)
OMG!! I love this doll! I love her very kawaii and decora-inspired outfit and accessories (as you can tell, I'm a big fan of Japanese fashion trends)!! I'm actually a huge Hello Kitty lover myslef, but this My Melody doll looks so much better than the Hello Kitty one, I decided that I had to have this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars so adorable to add to any sanrio or barbie doll collection, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Barbie Doll My Melody New (Toy)
so adorable to add to any sanrio or barbie doll collection! love my melody & barbie. i paid only 10$ for this at tjmaxx a couple years ago

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 10, 2014