Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp - Nintendo Wii” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 47% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp - Nintendo Wii
|Sale:||$69.95 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$30.04 (30%)|
- Barbie as a role-playing game - Take the role of Barbie at Riding Camp; develop riding skills, perform a variety of horse care tasks, explore and go on adventures!
- Quest-based gameplay in an open world - Enjoy the freedom to explore the entire island, compete in time-trials and challenges, earn trophies, medals and ribbons for outstanding performances
- Customization - clothes and accessories are unlocked as you complete quests
- 15 different horses to ride - each with their very own personalities, unique qualities and individual skill sets
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Top Customer Reviews
The game starts with Barbie arriving at Riding Camp which has lots of storm damage. She is instructed to pick out some riding clothes and a horse. Afterwards, she is shown how to care for her horse by feeding it and grooming it. This is all easy to follow but somewhat time consuming. Next, the riding instructor gives Barbie her first adventure, to ride around the arena in a timed race. From here, the player finds adventures such as riding events, storm clean-up events, and horse care events. At the completion of each adventure, camp credit is given for purchasing riding clothes and horse gear. You also earn awards for riding events.
Some things about the game were very intuitive and easy for my daughter to pick up. Controlling the horse isn't too bad although my daughter tends to over steer with the Wii remote but I blame that on "operator error". My reasons for giving the game an "Okay" rating is the confusion of finding your way around the island for the adventures. The map is hard to read on the screen and I found myself going back to the game paper insert for help. There are signposts occasionally but they are hard to read when you are riding past them on a horse. I have found that I need to play the game prior to my daughter playing it so that I can help her navigate and pick adventures that she will want to do.Read more ›
- The amount of open space available to ride around in is very varied and vast.
- The controls require some getting used to, but are relatively straight forward after mastering them.
- There are many side quests throughout the game, adding to the content.
- The customization options are limited, but should appeal to many players.
- The graphics are not very good, even for the Wii.
- Many of the activities require a simple button click, rather than actual actions with the Wii remote.
- Some parts of the game can be tedious and too repetitive.
- The main storyline appears to be too simple at times, and makes the game seem too easy.
- The voice acting can get annoying and repetitive.
Overall, I would say that the game lives up to what it is advertised as, and does not offer too much more. Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp does not disappoint, but expect an average game designed to entertain younger players. Good luck!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game is so much fun. There are so many different things the kids can experience like riding horses, feeding and grooming the horses, selecting their favorite horse, earn... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Jennifer
I love this game very much. When i saw Lucahjin's walkthrough of this game on Youtube, i was intrigued. The contols are perfect.Published 10 months ago by eduardo
Pretty good. A little challenging to control Barbie when she is on her horse, but nonetheless my 6 year old daughter enjoys the game very much! I would recommend this game.Published 13 months ago by Brad & Kristy