5.0 out of 5 stars Love this castle play house!
Published on November 30, 2005 by Stacy Nechyba

3.0 out of 5 stars improvement needed
The main problem with this castle is that the 4 shelves, which make up the "2nd floor" of the castle, do not fit well into the grooves. We tried glueing them but they still fall down. THis is a big disappointment since you can't put anything on these shelves or apply any pressure at all.

Otherwise, assembly is easy. Worth $50.00, not $100.00.

Other...
Published on December 27, 2005 by C. Brooker

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this castle play house!, November 30, 2005
This review is from: Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus: My Size Magic Cloud Castle (Toy)
This is such a neat idea, to have a playhouse for little ones as well as their dolls all in one. We did not watch the Barbie movie, and my daughter is not aware that the castle is a replica from the one in the movie, she instead uses it for all of her dolls from Playmobil to baby dolls to barbies she already owned. We both love it and so far it has been a great escape for her as well as an outlet for role playing with dolls. I was initially in search of the right tent for her to use indoors, but settled on this one instead. Note it is bigger than the box suggests. The castle is 4 feet in diameter on the inside, much larger on the outside. Be sure you have the space for it! Once it is set up in a room you will want to leave it up for a while, and it won't fit through a doorway.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an awesome castle, December 27, 2005
This was a great castle. It was quite easy to assemble and it is very sturdy. My 3 1/2 year old received this for a Christmas gift and I am sure it will bring her great joy for a long time to come. You definately need the room for it.

To the gentleman who had problems with the floors; I did at first too but then I realized the grooves in the floor pieces had to match up exactly and I simply pressed the sides of the towers tighter while I inserted the floors into the grooves and it snapped in place perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Toy this Year, December 25, 2005
This tent was the best present my 5 year old daughter received this year for Christmas. First of all, it is nice and sturdy... it locked together tightly and was fairly easy to assemble. Second, I expected that the "tent" would be made of vinyl, which can get hot, but instead it was a nice satiny fabric. It might not be as easy to clean as vinyl (I don't know yet - if it got really dirty I might try to hand wash it and hang it back on to dry) but it is definitely more breathable and nicer in general than vinyl tents. Also, the inside decor is just beautiful and offer tons of play space. My daughter just loved it and I can tell already she will get a lot of play use out of it, not just with her barbies, but all of her princess dolls. Unlike many toys in this price range, I do believe it was worth the money. You do need room for it, but it's perfect for a play room since it actually gives a nice amount of play area inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you sure Mattel made this?, January 5, 2006
I figured that this could not be worth cost. Although the nice sale helped. Fortunetly, Santa got this for my daughter. I know the aweful head (other toy) was made by mattel, but this one pretty nice. Santa's Elves must have made it. Good sturdy plastic, easy to put up and to store, pretty curtain, great overal idea. The shelve do slide firmly in, so peel off that glue (mentioned in the other review) and carefully bend the sides in. You can see the grooves on the edges where the shelves fit in. This is worth (much to my shock) the $100 it cost now. It's a unique toy and also is available in pinks and yellows that match the princess and pauper set. Oh, and got the love the lights inside and the little pony mobile. Surprising touches, must have been added by the elves.

3.0 out of 5 stars improvement needed, December 27, 2005
C. Brooker (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews

Otherwise, assembly is easy. Worth $50.00, not $100.00.

Other than the shelves, my daughter does love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Castle!, May 11, 2006
We first expected this tent/house to be a bit smaller for our daughter. Little did we know that we should have looked at the measurements! It's bigger than we could've thought by looking at the photo on the box.

All the pieces snap in easily and haven't given us any problem in the months we've had the tent.

The inside is nice. Also my husband, myself, and our daughter fit. My 4 yr old brings all her Barbies in there to play and she loves the pieces it comes with for Barbie.

I'd recommend this for any Parent that already has a Barbie lover, or a parent of a daughter who's barely getting into Barbies.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 yr old LOVES this castle, December 25, 2006
OMGosh...Santa brought this for my daughter and after following the advice about squeezing the towers together and lining up the grooves, it went together very easily. My little girl has not touched any of her other toys as she is just enthralled with this. So spacious and sweet. Truly will make any princess happy. Would definately buy this again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than described...not a doll house, just a tent!, March 5, 2006
I had to really search to find the Barbie Cloud Castle dollhouse so I could leave a review. It is no longer searchable by its title. I suspect that this item may have been discontinued due to customer dissatisfaction.

We purchased this for our 5 year-old and 3 year-old this Christmas.

The finished measurements are WAY over 4'x4'...they are 5'x5'.

The floors and snap together parts are impossible to make stay in place, even using the helpful tips of other Amazon reviewers.

My children had a lot of fun playing inside the castle, though. Unfortunately, they could only play with their Barbies on the ground, since the castle floors wouldn't stick. There was PLENTY of room in the castle to play games, puzzles, toys, etc. But that's a lot of money to pay for a tent! We wanted a Barbie doll house.

We ended up taking it back to the store and waiting until another, more traditional style was in stock and purchased that instead.