Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on September 10, 2005
How wonderful this movie is out in New Zealand already! This was good on two levels, my 3 year old daughter was entranced by it, and it had a clear story line to follow. It reminded me a bit of Rapunzel and Swan Lake maybe it was the flying horse? But a strong heroine again - it also returned to the use of classical music which I enjoyed listening to in the background.

All Princess Annika wants to do is skate, but her parents don't approve. Even so she sneaks out and does it - only Wenlock, an evil wizard hears about her beauty and comes to find her to take her for his bride. She resists and to force her to marry him Wenlock enchants her family setting them in ice as statues along with all the villagers. Annika is saved by a winged horse (her sister Brietta under enchantment). She has three days to try to find the key to breaking the spell - or the people and her parents will stay as statues forever. Along the way she finds love (in the form of the penitent Aidan who has lost all his family's money) and she finds friends and allies - as well as breaking her sister's enchantment. It has some simple and nice messages in it as well - sisterly love, taking only what you need, empathy etc.

It is nice to see a return to simpler storylines - Fairytopia (the last Barbie movie) had a complicated storyline and seemed to be all about marketing as many dolls as possible. With two main characters and a winged horse (who is 'Barbie's' sister but has been under enchantment), the story was easier for the kids to follow along. the costumes were more reminiscent of classical fairytales as well. I guess I will be getting a bit of grief from my kids about buying them the toys to go with this. I don't know if I will or not - but at least other barbie dolls can be used in the fray - Anneliese and Erika could be dressed up - even rapunzel, or using Marzipan from Nutcracker if you have any of them

The animation on tis was very good I loved the way the hair moved during the ice skating scenes for instance so it seems to be getting better with each movie. There were good bright colours. the 3D is great too and the glasses that come with this are Barbie branded, however, just watch out, the littlies don't like keeping them on their noses and are more interested in experimenting with everything else in the house - 4 pairs don't last long. you can order more but it is an expensive kind of novelty - I think I appreicated it more than they did!

This is a good movie, but all I would ask is that Barbie goes back to all singing all dancing like in Princess and the Pauper, that was a great movie!
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2005
SUPER SUPER movie. My nieces love it! YES! YOU DO HAVE THE OPTION OF TURNING OFF 3-D effects!
on November 30, 2005
This is definitely the worst of the Barbie series.
on November 15, 2005
As far as the acting is concerned, this is a terrific Barbie movie, one of the better ones by far, but the 3-D effects leave much to be desired. I was very disappointed when we donned our glasses, only to have a very blurry visual with terrible discoloration. Moreover, the glasses were far from comfortable, but then again, they were probably made for much smaller faces!

Nevertheless, I loved the storyline -- a beautiful princess who is not only courageous, but never gives up hope in her quest to save her parents and her kingdom from certain destruction. To succeed she must secure three rare objects (not tangible) within 36 hours. Hope" is the central theme in this movie -- that one should never give up on it, and should always expect succeed with even the "teeniest" amount of it no matter what circumstances come their way. It's a very positive message for young (and perhaps not so young) audiences.

Cris Cunningham for Amazon.com
on December 27, 2006
Please vote on my review.Hi,I'm 'BARBIE LOVER'and I'm reviewing 'Barbie and the magic of Pegasus'.this movie is so cute!-SPOILER!- Barbie(annika)'s gone ice-skating again,and her parents are worried sick about her,so they forbid her to ice-skate, saying that ''It's for your own good''.But she goes out ice-skating anyway.But then Wenlock comes and asks her to marry him,and Annika says no,so Wenlock turns everybody(including Annika's parents)into frozen statues.so Annika flies to cloud kingdom with the Pegasus(winged horse)Brietta,and the polar bear cub,Shiver.It's very interesting -to me- to see breitta's past,when she was a human.Annika meets Rayla the Cloud Queen,who tells her to make a wand of light to defeat Wenlock.She goes to a variety of places like the Forbidden Forest,an ice cavern and finally Wenlock's Palace,where she defeats the bad guy and marries handsome young man(which,btw is Aiden in this movie) happy ending like every barbie movie has been.Pretty nice pegasuses in the movie,I love the Kelly cloud princesses! 3d ok,I like the 2d version a little better -there is an option of 2d or 3d before you play the movie-,but there is this scene in the movie when Aidan is battaling a griffin,that was scary and sad when the griffin pushed aidan over the cliff :0 .But it was cool when Annika made the wand of light break the spell over Breitta and when she went ice-skating and found shiver,that was cool too.This movie has sad and scary parts,but also pretty and beautiful scenes too. I sooo love this princess fantasy movie! Great Movie! 'BARBIE LOVER' Ps I got the Barbie magic of pegasus PC game and its great too.
on January 4, 2015
BARBIE IS A HEROINE OF ALL LITTLE GIRLS AGES 4 TO 8. SHE BREATHES LIFE, ADVENTURE, IMAGINATION AND EXHILIRATION ITO THE SOULS OF THESE YOUNG ONES. SHE IS EVERY LITTLE GIRL'S FANTASY. AND SHE IS GOOD ENTERTAINMENT THAT STRETCHES THE MIND OF OUR YOUNG ONES. FANTASY BECOMES REALITY FOR A FEW MINUTES AND THEIR HEARTS SOAR WITH EACH ADVENTURE OF BARBIE. THERE ARE FAIRIES, MERMAIDS AND LITTLE CRITTERS WHICH WOULD CAUSE DR. SEUSS TO BLUSH WITH ENVY. THIS IS A MUST SEE. DON'T DEPRIVE YOUR KIDS OF THEIR CHILDHOOD AND IMAGINATIONS. LET THEIR MINDS SOAR AND ALWAYS REST ASSURE THAT THE MATERIAL IS UPLIFTING AND ALWAYS AGE APPROPRIATE.
on January 20, 2012
I don't understand the negative reviews of this film. I was raised a feminist and found that the protagonist was intelligent, brave and clever. She doesn't need the prince to rescue her, she and her sister are clever enough to solve the problem and save the day. I personally love the message and am thrilled that my little girl loves this movie. The person who complained that Annika was a brat because she disobeyed her parents and told them "you are ruining my life," is really naive to believe that most, if not all, teenagers have not, at some point, rebelled against their parents. Besides her parents were too over-protective, and if she hadn't disobeyed them, the villain would have won and Annika would have spent her miserable existence locked in her room for the entirety of her life.

My one wish, and I know this is not likely to happen, is that they would make Barbie's body more realistic. I know there has always been controversy over this issue, and I wish Barbie manufacturers would take that complaint seriously
on April 12, 2007
I love barbie and i was saddened with all these past bad reviews. One person said that barbie looked like Paris Hilton. It's common for barbie to look like female celebraties that have blond hair. There was also a review that Annika was too snobby. She was acting like that to escape from the giant. And does saving your people and your family count as being a snob.No. There was also a review that Wenlock was scary and not comical. Come on he's funny to me. These reviews are just misunderstandings. And one more thing. BARBIE IS NOT WEAK. SHE"S BRAVE AND FEISTY! any way thats my opionion.
on July 17, 2013
As much as Barbie is a toy icon she's also decried by some as an unrealistic and misguided symbol of sexism in our society. All political considerations aside, we own a ton of the Barbie movies because we've found that they unfailingly have very positive messages for girls and really have very little to recommend against.

I won't go into the specifics of plot, which can be found elsewhere, but my daughter is 6 and anything involving princesses and music is where her main interests lie. She loves this movie and has watched it multiple times. She loves the music and the humor - it makes her happy, so it makes my wife and me happy.
on June 5, 2016
My girls (7 & 4) have become major fans of the Barbie movies! Thankfully there are a lot of them to choose from! I think we've purchased most of the movies & the girls will watch them over & over again! This Barbie movie is a fairytale with winged horses, evil wizards & curses!