Questions & Answers
Barbie Pink 3-Story Dream Townhouse
by Barbie
4.0 out of 5 stars (488)
Used & New from: $339.00
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 questions
votes
It only turn on after the door has been closed...there is a button in the crack of the door that is suppose to be triggered when the door closes.....if it doesn't reach the button, then sometimes it won't turn on.....
Nov 30, 2010 by Roxanne
votes
I agree the instructions were pathetic, but once you see it, it is simple, so I will try to describe it to you. First, the elevator itself should already have snapped into place so it goes up and down freely. There is a box-like location that will allow it to go up and down freely. Next, the string will need to be straightened out end-to-end all the way...there is no doubling of it anywhere. You will notice that each of the end pieces inserts into one side of the elevator or the other, top and bottom, and each end is different, so make a note of which one is which. Now from underneath, you will feed the bottom side of the string through the hole (roughly bottom left) that is the roughly the size of a quarter from underneath (I was purposefully redundant) the dollhouse and snap it into place. Run the excess underneath the dollhouse to the front through the little slot that is at the very bottom, about 1/2 inch to the left of the front column. Run the excess up the three guide holes that are directly in front of the left columns, up over the top of the roof, dropping down through the center hole into the elevator shaft, and snap the other connector into the top center of the elevator. From there use the jewel to move it up and down, taking it out of the guide holes as necessary. I will note that if you have any trouble getting the fireplace to work, there is a button directly behind the T.V. button that makes it work. The fireplace is probably detached from the wall, and snapping it back into place will make the T.V. button activate the fireplace. If you GENTLY pull the top of the fireplace forward, you can see there are two hooks on the back wall. Re-seat the fireplace on them by gently pushing back until they click and you will be all set. My 5-year old got this from Santa this morning, and she is loving it. Merry Christmas.
Dec 25, 2009 by U4IC61
votes
We found this comment from last year really helpful (Stylish Barbie Home, December 11, 2009): http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1Z6X06FSZG06/ref=cm_pdp_rev_more?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview#RCR0HX13CL3VT Generally, when some feature isn't working it's because either the object (fireplace, chandelier, shower) is not pushed in all the way into the slots, or because you have to push harder on the button to make it go (the toilet and the timer). For the fireplace in particular, it isn't completely in place at first; you have to push it into the wall and push the button twice: once to have the TV pop up and again push in more. If this isn't doing it for you, look at the back of the fireplace and you will see what button needs to be pushed. I take no credit for this as my husband and his brother in law put it together for our niece. The only thing I did was look on line for help with the fireplace and that's how we found that one review I gave the url for. Can't help as far as the doorbell, because they had no trouble with it. Is the door in place all the way and closed?
Dec 25, 2010 by pallas-athena
votes
I also have one without jacuzzi lighting up and also without wadrobe :( I think the seller should have mentioned the item is missing these parts.
Jan 5, 2012 by Nana Kerkadze
votes
Thank you! I was able to get everything else to work but the fireplace. I tried to push the fireplace in further and then I pushed the button again after raising the TV, and the fireplace lit up and crackled. Thank you so much for posting this solution.
Dec 29, 2011 by Mimi
votes
hi, i just got it through target.com (which is amazon's supplier) first, i went through couponmountain.com (typed in google search: target coupon code) clicked on $7 off $70 and it took me to target's site. put barbie townhouse into basket-checked out-they deduct the 19.99 shipping charge (minimum orders get free shipping) and then...the $7 was deducted....what a bargain!
Dec 2, 2010 by cah5525
votes
Its easy to move, but no way should you wait until Christmas Eve to assemble.........find a hiding place and get started!
Dec 22, 2010 by arizonareader
votes
I have been watching this product everyday for weeks now. I have seen the price all over the place. I did see it one day for $99.00. I should have ordered it then! Right now, the price is at $159.00. I have seen it up over $400.00. I just dont understand why the price fluctuates so much day to day. I still think $159.00 is high. I really wouldnt pay over $159.00... is there another special present your daughter might like? I told my daughter that I will watch the price and maybe order it after Christmas. I told her that "I" wanted to get it for her (instead of Santa). Good luck. I hope it works out for you
Dec 18, 2009 by Sue
votes
Hi Jenny L. Ihm, yes it is. I just saw the Barbie Dream House at Barbie.com yesterday. They have updated alot of things compared to the one we have now the price is totally different its least than What I .. I mean what Santa paid for !! The New 2013 Barbie dream house have alot more cool updates, the elavator is bigger,the doorbell has a different sound,and theres a blender along with more features that were updated thats really adorable !! Mine still loves her Barbie House from a couple of Christmas back, she recently put a Christmas wreath on her front door Barbie home !! lol Hope this helps !! ~*~Happy Holidays !!~*~
Dec 17, 2013 by G
votes
It was so long ago since I had this I really couldn't say.. but 24 lbs ?? it's for sure not that heavy-no way..
Sep 27, 2013 by rip
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers