Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 13, 2014
My grand daughter loved this movie . It is a good story and how things can turn out for a princess.
on March 13, 2014
This is a lovely Barbie movie. Here, Barbie (as Lumina) is a mermaid who dreams of being a princess, unaware of an incredible secret that can (and will) change her life.

When General Caligo, the villain of the movie, enlists Lumina's seemingly harmless aunt Scylla to poison the King in order to put his own son on the throne, the intrigue begins. And we soon learn that not all is as it seems.

When Lumina finds her aunt's invitation to the royal ball (where the deed is to be done), she embarks on her own journey to the kingdom to find her. Along the way she (and her best friend Kuda, a pink seahorse) make new friends like Spike, a dangerous Stone Fish whose menace is effectively diffused by Lumina's matter-of-fact refusal to accept him as a threat.

After facing many challenges on the journey, Lumina enters the kingdom where her fashion sense and magical abilities with pearls promptly lands her a job at a beauty salon, where she helps stylize ladies who will attend the kingdom's royal ball. When the entire staff is likewise invited, the stage is set.

At the ball, which is in honor of Fergis, the villainous General Caligo's unwitting son, Lumina's aunt reappears. But her participation in the General's plan is under duress and the evil plot starts to unravel. Fergis, an atypical figure who'd rather be a botanist than a prince, shows his mettle by helping Lumina and her friends defeat his father and save the day.

In the end, Lumina learns the great secret of her true lineage and her aunt is vindicated for her actions, past and present. Fergis is free to follow his own calling and pursue the girl of his dreams, one of Lumina's salon friends. And while Lumina herself does meet a handsome prince of her own, it's more of a subplot, showing that Barbie can share the limelight very effectively with the well-written supporting characters.

This is a highly enjoyable movie that never gets bogged down, heavy or overly serious. And there's plenty of good fun, catchy music and humorous characters with a talented cast of voice actors. I strongly recommend this movie for the entire family. Enjoy!
on July 1, 2014
My grand daughter loved the show. But she also wanted the new Pearl Princess --NOW! So if you are a parent or grand parent let her watch it only if you are prepared to buy it--not for her birthday and not for Christmas--but NOW. LOL
on March 22, 2014
Entertaining, kid friendly movie good for family movie night. SPOILER - poisoning of the aunt at the end might be too sad/scary for some kids but the aunt is revived and of course there's a happy ending.
on May 14, 2014
Probably my least favorite Barbie movie but my girls like it. The download worked just fine.
Check nick though cause it plays on there so you can dvr it. Lol
on January 15, 2015
OMG, another Barbie movie. My three-year old is a bit of a girly-girl and she LOVES this movie. She loves mermaids, princesses and Barbies. So when she saw a preview for this on The Secret Door she literally went slack-jawed and started drooling. Needless to say, this was a favorite Christmas morning. And about a million times since then. It's got beautiful colors and vivid imagery, my only complaint is that as with all Barbie movies it seems to be a bit light on consequences. I'm all about girl power, even as hair and fashion-centric (I get it though, it's Barbie) as these movies are, but the endings are always so soft. It just jumps from "Oh, no! Disaster!" to "happily ever after". This is still an entertaining movie though.
on June 5, 2016
My girls (7 & 4) have become major fans of the Barbie movies! Thankfully there are a lot of them to choose from! I think we've purchased most of the movies & the girls will watch them over & over again!
on January 3, 2016
Entertaining enough for my young granddaughter. I didn't think I liked Barbie but these films are clean,somewhat humorous, and often contain good moral values. I don't care so much for the mermaid stories
on December 10, 2014
I rated this comparing it to other Barbie movies. The plot and graphics were lacking a bit. At first I thought the plot was a combo of Rapunzel and Cinderella's story but the story line lost focus or I wasn't interested anymore. I didn't understand why the king and queen was listening to the villain guy. Oh well, its a Barbie movie. Barbie In The Mermaid Tale is more fun to watch if looking for a mermaid story.
on May 20, 2015
Love this Barbie Movie! My daughter has watched it over and over again. Good moral of story, great values. I am confident when my daughter is watching I don't have to worry about her seeing and hearing inapposite things.