Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

VINE VOICEon July 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I don't know exactly what I was expecting with this RV but whatever it was was certainly blown away when we received this!! It is very large and has tons of features to provide endless fun for hours!! The RV portion and the car easily come apart and can be used/played with separately. The camper/RV unfolds and includes twin beds, kitchen, tv, seating areas, reversible campfire/hot tub/pool, stable and tons of accessories such as plates, cups, hot cocoa maker, even sticks with marshmallows! The car easily seats 4 Barbies or 2 Barbies with a horse.

When my 11 year old daughter and I opened the box, everything was simple and easy to assemble - the only actual assembly was putting the stickers where they belonged and that was simple enough. Both of us were quite amazed by everything that was included and the size of the playset. My daughter even commented that this was better than the Barbie Townhouse! lol Personally, this would have been a toy that I would have been over the moon excited with as a child....heck, I am excited about it as an adult, lol. Tons of fun, durable and versitle, I highly recommend the Barbie and Her Sisters in a Pony Tale RV Vehicle!!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I was a little girl, I had a Barbie camper and remember spending hours playing with it. In fact, I still have mine! I wished there was a camper for my own daughters because they still love their Barbies (at ages 10 - 12) but I didn't want to give them mine to use, they're a little rough on toys and my camper is a (little bit) old!

So when I saw this one, I knew we had to try it out. It's marketed as an "RV" now-a-days and also includes a horse trailer.

First of all, this is one HUGE toy. It's like the size of six typical sized shoe boxes, stacked two high and then laid end-to-end. And that's when it's folded away! Secondly, it took a long time for us to put it together. There weren't really any directions on where the stickers were supposed to go, so we had to use the photo on the box and a lot of guesswork. There was a bit of assembly, for which there were directions, but it wasn't too big of a deal.

Now to the fun part: Is it fun to play with? Yes! Even me, being a woman of a certain age, still enjoyed playing with this for a little while. It's really cute because instead of it being a solid single piece like from when I was young, it's more like a tractor/trailer type deal. So you can detach the tractor part off and the back folds down with some seats and the Barbies can go cruisin' the town. It folds down even further to include the horse, but I don't know how the girls sitting in the back feel about having a horse bu-t in their faces. I know I'd not be too keen on that.

The back of the trailer part folds down into a horse stall for Buttercup (that's the name of the horse my daughters have) Which is right next to the fold down eating area for the girls. I guess that's pretty convenient because then they can easily share their scraps with Buttercup. Unless Buttercup gets really aggressive and starts biting at their hair to make them get up so he can just eat their entire breakfast. I questioned them on their prudence on the decision to continously choose oatmeal for breakfast when you're eating right next to a horse, but they just gave me the "ugh" look and rolled their eyes. Of course, nearly every day Buttercup bites their hair, they run, he eats their oatmeal and apples and they go hungry.

There are enough beds for everyone, some fold down from the wall and fold away later for TV watching and travel. The pool flips over and becomes a fire-pit, complete with teeny little marshmallows and sticks for s'mores. She shower is in the same room, separated by just a curtain, of the head Barbies bedroom. So I guess it's up to them to work out a shower schedule. The toilet is also in that area, so.... A design flaw in that room is that the toilet paper roll is behind the toilet seat when it's up. So if they are using the toilet (which frankly, I think they do a little more often than is normal, if you ask me), they can't reach the toilet paper. That may explain the constant requests to stop at the nearest laundry-mat when traveling.

When packing up camp to head on out to the next rodeo, everything (in theory) folds up into the one neat 6 shoebox sized package. But we had a really hard time trying to figure out where to put all of the accessories (and there are a lot of them) while it's fold AND where to put the pool. It doesn't seem wise to strap a pool/fire-pit to the top of a moving vehicle, that's just asking for a lawsuit. So my girls had to resort to magic to have it appear wherever they're going. As for the stuff, we just crammed it all in there. We haven't figured out what to do with two of the four girls when they travel either, or Buttercup. I guess they ended up using a sort of "Star Trek" transport method and all is well.
VINE VOICEon July 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The only negative I noticed with putting this together with my daughter is that sticker sets 19, 20 & 21,22 were reversed, something that I wanted to get out there to other parents hopefully before they made the mistake we did with applying the first sticker in the wrong spot, oops! I definitely triple checked this and it wasn't an error on my end, probably a misprint on the manufacturer's end. Not a huge deal, I still am giving the toy 5 star's overall, but definitely something I wanted, needed to point out to other consumers first and foremost!

That said, this is an awesome toy and my daughter, Ella, who is 7 and growing quite accustomed to my reviewing (and her getting free toys), said she loves it and thinks it's a lot of fun and that she likes that there's lots of room for her dolls (Barbie's, Monster High, Moxie, Bratz and even smaller dolls joined the RV trip) although the recommended doll space is 4, always leave it to kids to find more space and fill it with their dolls!

This was super easy to put together and Ella was excited, and quite able, to help in most areas. She especially liked the way it transformed. (She also has the Barbie boat that does that, but she really likes this more as the boat is just a boat that kinda folds up for storage then opens for play whereas this folds up into an RV she can drives around with the dolls inside with actual seatbelts, then unfolds for play). Also, when unfolding for play, it also has transforming areas, The bunkbeds fold up into a wall with "windows looking out", the traveling horse area opens into a stable, a picnic table unfolds for play and the top of the RV comes off for additional seating. The kitchen area itself is really neat, opening cupboards reveal a cocoa maker which she can push down on to "make cocoa", and included are four hot cocoa mugs and a "whipped cream container", also, my personal favorite, the four sticks with double marshmallows, which look so real I almost wanted to try and taste the marshmallows! Plus a firepit which my daughter immediately flipped over and said it turned into a hottub as well, lol.

But the coolest, most innovative part about this new barbie set are the lego type "holes" everywhere in which the mugs, food and plates easily fit into for play. As we all know as parents, the most frustrating thing about any kid's toys are the little pieces. They get lost, stepped on by our feet "ouch!", and, when our kids are playing with them, frustrate the kids as they fall of their Barbie tables, etc. No more! This new playset introduces this lego type feature of clicking everything into it's place! Even in the little oven and fridge, you can "click" the food into place for play! So when she's done playing, and it's time to put this up, the little pieces don't get lost along the way! It's inventive, innovative, and definitely what get's this toy five stars and raises it above all the rest! Keep it up, Barbie! This could be the toy of the year, or toy's of the year, if they keep producing this new click into place and play toy. I love it and so does my Ella! Highly Recommended!!!!!!
VINE VOICEon July 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Lets go camping. This camper is fantastic, and no expense is spared for this Barbie outdoor camper. Now Barbie and her sisters have a home away from home. The front of this bad boy disconnects and the girls can go for a cruise. They can even bring their horse.

Set up time for this bad boy including sticker placement took about 15 minutes. As far as sticker placement, I would definitely consider that an adult job. Once those stickers are on they don't come off. The included instructions aren't the best. I used the picture on the box as a guide.

There's a feature that I really love with this camper. The tables, counter, fridge and stove have little holes that match the pegs on the cups, plates and such. Maybe its because Barbie has started making legos but I think its a great idea.

My 7 year old daughter really loves this thing. She cant wait to take it to all her friends houses. It makes her set complete and I would say its a must have for any girl who loves Barbie.
VINE VOICEon July 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Barbie Sisters' Deluxe Camper is a lot of fun in one box. Though priced a little high, your child will surely delight in everything that this has to offer. It brings back happy memories of my own Barbie days. The car detaches and seats four, the camper/horse trailer is where the fun is. Note: does NOT come with dolls or horses. It does come with lots of little toys including a hot chocolate maker, The "campfire" pulls double-duty and flips over into a swimming pool. Barbie and her sisters will have many adventures in this fun filled toy. Bright and cheerful colors help add to the fun. I really like this one.
VINE VOICEon September 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I appreciate the idea behind this toy - pack many features and a large play space into a comparably small product that can be folded away. There are many, many features, such as the smores fire that reverses to a swimming pool, an RV that turns into a horse truck and an RV, beds that become sofas, and many more. It comes with quite a few accessories and lots of built in furniture. My main complaint with this is the whole thing is flimsy. Barbies CAN sit on the benches, but they must be carefully placed and the RV not bumped in the slightest way or the whole thing will jiggle like jello and knock the Barbie off her perch. The beds are the same way.

The picnic table has notches for the accessories to lock into and you realize why right away. The whole thing is very wobbly!

I consider it a better buy than the Barbie town house. It has a built in bathroom with toilet, shower, beds, sofa, picnic table and benches, a kitchen, a pool, and a vehicle. Plus it can be stored away so that it doesn't occupy valuable bedroom floor space. Given the wobbliness, it's not something I would buy for my daughter, but if you are familiar with current Barbie toy quality and it is acceptable to you, then this is a great value compared to many of the other Barbie sets available.
VINE VOICEon July 31, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My niece was SO excited about receiving this toy. The sheer size of this product is awe inspiring. The camper has tons of features: bathroom, horse trailer, camp fire, television, etc. My niece is 4, and she played with this for hours. She wanted to take it on trips too. So why the average rating? The plastic that they used is thin. I imagine part of that reason is because it would be so heavy given the size of the camper, but the flimsiness has already started to cause problems. The mirrors on the camper have come off after three days of play, and several other smaller parts to the camper are feeling precariously loose. With the hefty price tag, I would want a product that is going to last. Perhaps if the intended receiver was older this would not be such a big issue, but if she is on the younger end of the spectrum, you may have problems. Overall, this is a fun toy, but I doubt the longevity of it.
on November 10, 2013
We also have the Barbie sisters go camping RV and boy Mattel improved the design so much from that toy to this one! My daughter loves this toy. She received it a week ago for her birthday and she has been playing with it everyday since. I really appreciate that the assembly is super easy so that the child can use it as an RV or convert to just a vehicle. Additionally, all of the parts inside move easily and the accessories are very cute. I would definitely recommend this for your little barbie loving girl!
on February 24, 2014
I was very satisfied with the product the availability and especialy the price! It was a Christmas gift that i could not find in stock anywhere and last resort i checked amazon.com and not only did they have the product but they also had it at a better price than everyone i had looked for it to. Well minus the shipping anyway, that put it over what i could have bought it for locally. They got it to me when they said they would in time for Christmas. Thank you again
on January 26, 2014
This RV was my daughter's big Christmas present this year. Usually, she loses interest within a few weeks and goes about playing with it only on and off, but this has kept her attention for over a month. It's easy to set up and fold back up (for a 7 year old) and she loves all the variety. Barbie campers have come a LONG way since I was a child!! Lots of cute features, tv, sofa, horse stable, bathroom, table, kitchen area, etc.