5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Disturbing
Published on January 15, 2012 by j-rob-82

3.0 out of 5 stars SWEEEEET!!!!!
This doll is sooooooooo funny! I made it say so many things.
It came alot earlier than expected and it was quite the catch!
It caught my eye as soon as I saw it. The only thing Wrong was that I tried
Changing the playback but the buttons did NOTHING. Funny toy though. But be warned that Ken's hair is
compleatly stiff. This is the fist ken doll that...
Published on August 2, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Disturbing, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
Thats right I'm a almost thirty year old man and I play with Barbies. Well not by myself but with my daughter who is four and since I am a stay at home dad I find it really affecting my mind at times and Barbie time becomes pretty intense time of play. Anyways this doll is worth its fifteen dollars but minus shipping. My advice go to a Toys R Us or something like that and get it. I got this with free shipping so I am fine with it. I tried it out at the store before I got it and went home to think about whether I wanted to get it for her or not. Since she has so many dolls that was my debate but than I thought about the fun and good times we three could have and I had to get it. I ordered online to avoid Christmas crowds and still got it before since the shipper was in the state I live.

The best part of this doll is Ken tells me how awesome I am a lot and I even took a magic marker to make him more my own. One time he said I am an amazing individual and its the exact boost I needed and the whole day nothing could get me down. So I had to make this doll my own since my daughter designated me this doll when we play or Prince Eric or usually both. So now Ken has himself a beard and some pretty sweet prison type tattoos. So now when Prince Eric, Ken and Barbie are all in the Barbie car together they have lots to talk about. I keep having stop motion ideas in my head for this something along the lines of Ken goes to prison gets back out and Barbie has two dogs and some kids so he learns to cope like in some sort of sit com. I have a theme song and everything thought out. My projected budget is three million dollars to make. Hopefully this will be a project for me and my daughter soon. Now I just figure out what I want to do with his hair or my daughter needs to figure it out I mean.

One thing I am disappointed by is actually his voice you either have a slow motion voice, fast voice or the normal voice that you speak into it. I was hoping for something like someone elses voice sound maybe a model sounding voice or movie phone guy. This is very durable since it has been thrown and beaten up on and he still speaks perfect english. I cant see the educational value unless his hair not moving anywhere teaches kids the physics behind hair gel. But then again with pretending the guy can be a teacher or anything so its really up to the kid or parents to make it educational. Overall this has been a good present for my daughters collection and now we have more things to enjoy together. One think I don't like is as soon as you touch the button on the chest it will erase what you say and its actually easy to do. Then you have no choice but to painstakingly push the button again and record your no longer than five second recording which by that time all that work has you exhausted. Whew, I am tired from just typing that because its so terrible when it happens. It just kills the whole experience thanks to that silly button in the wrong spot and now I am so furious just thinking about it and him and his pretty hair cut and inconveniently placed button. Makes me wanna eat a sandwich with no bread. Anyways thanks for reading my review and don't take it too serious?

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Fun Doll and Works Great!, August 12, 2011
Amazon Customer (Alta Loma, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
This is a fun doll. My three girls really like it. Only negatives that the other reviewers state are that you have to install batteries once the 'try me' tab is pulled out of his back but this was not the case for us. The batteries worked great. Other negative review seemed to say you cannot replay what you recorded any more than the one time Ken says it right back to you but the box claims you can. Well, you can replay what you record as much as you want but only the last phrase you recorded. For instance, you push on his chest to record up to 5 seconds. Then, when you release the button he repeats what you said right back to you. If you then want to hear it again, you press one of the three buttons on his back allowing you to choose what 'voice' to hear it back again in. Either Ken's voice, your voice, or a high voice. You can replay it back again and again. However, once you record a new message, the prior one is gone. It only stores the latest recording. Maybe the negative reviewers wanted to be able to store more than one message and I'll admit that would be more fun but this is still a neat toy. My daughters are now recording 'Ken' screaming and they put him in a Barbie car to pretend it is a roller coaster. Have had him proposing to the Barbies as well and even saying annoying things to their sisters! It is a doll worth the money. Do wish he was more poseable like the more fun ones these days but the fun is just elsewhere in this one. Hope they make a dark haired version soon! You will not regret the purchase. I think any girl would get a kick out of this.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU GOTTA GET ONE OF THESE !!!!!!!, December 21, 2010
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
This is far the most funniest ken doll to date!!! with three buttons on ken's back to change his tone of voice to your's, ken's or even better high tone voice lol!!! i bought this for my step daughters, who yet has open it. because i am saving for christmas morning. but my future in law's and i are having a blast, getting that boy talking up a storm. it might be a good idea to buy a second one, trust me you are going to want one for yourself... no matter the age!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy for a few days., January 11, 2012
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
Voice recording is a cool feature and keeps my daughter entertained. Limited range of motion in the arms and legs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Funny, March 6, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
As others have noted, this Ken doll is quite fun. You can play back whatever you record in several types of voices. It really makes my 7 year old laugh to hear her voice deep like a man's.

The only detraction for me is that he has solid legs so he isn't that posable other than bending at the waist. His clothes are nearly identical to the Shaving Fun Ken doll and his hair is nearly solid from the gel - you can't style it.

But in all, a fun doll with a lot of play value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boys and Girls Love It, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
Bought this for my granddaughter who was turning 6. Her little brother of 2 1/2 loves it and so does she. She has older children playing with it too and they have so much fun having Ken say different things and in different voices. I had never seen this before until I did a search for unique Ken dolls. It really is unique and if your child is into Barbies....she will love it. Goofy outfit though but they don't care.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought Sweet Talking Ken for my wife - it was the ..., November 19, 2014
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
I bought Sweet Talking Ken for my wife - it was the perfect gift. I now watch TV, go out drinking with the guys, sleep in my own room off my downstairs man-cave - and she spends her days, and nights, with him. They chat, he provides her the attention, devotion and encouraging words she craves - without any attempts to 'solve her problems.' We are all happy - THANK YOU Mattel!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this Sweet Talking Ken doll!!!, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
I like this Ken doll!!!, I have one in my collection and my daughter has one to play. My daughter loves this sweet Ken doll and she plays to talk to him, this is very funny!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ken is Perfect! (:, October 23, 2011
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
You can make Ken say amazing things in a squeaky voice a deep male voice and your own voice.he is a perfact boyfriend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ken Doll EVER!!, March 9, 2011
This review is from: Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll (Toy)
This is the best Ken doll ever. It's been years since I last bought anything of Mattell's, but when I tested this toy at the store, I just had to snap him up.

You can say ANYTHING you want into his chest, or have him record a sound from your favorite show or game. Very versitle doll that is made for all kinds of imaginative play.

Barbie Sweet Talking Ken Doll